The online racing simulator
Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
No, it's not difficult at all once you have learned the mysterious art of 'going slowly'.

I'd be up for a RBR competition. Though I must say I really dislike the modded content. I'd rather stick with the original stuff.

Vain
Diamond Creek II is quite anal no matter how slow you go if you drive relative to the pace notes *shakefist*
I agree with vain, the standard stuff is best. It took me a while to learn the art of going slowly and being precise but once you get it it not only helps in RBR but in LFS too i think. Left foot braking is also another big thing to think about.
Another tournament would be great. I havent started up this game in quite a few months, and would be lots of fun to get back into this.
How about the LFS RBR Richard Burns Challenge Challenge ?
im up for it, but how does this "online Tournament" thing work?
oh my, the rumor was true RBR ONLINE?...thanks for the link NetDemon01
Quote from Ricerguy :oh my, the rumor was true RBR ONLINE?

You're only about three years late on that one then

Have fun.
http://www.rbr-online.it/

I have done this championship a few times and the utility is really good. I would definatly be up for doing a challenge Chirdonhead FTW!
Wow, 1122 km/h.
Quote from zeugnimod :Wow, 1122 km/h.

You can surely read how there is BUG in bold at front of that line? Bloody thing crashed after driving went almost perfectly and it put that into system and how on earth I could remove it without removing all other times? I don't have time to drive weeks again of it
Don't lie, you had the eskudo hack.

I'll need to get the RBR out again and have a blast on it, still the only decent rallying game around, it's starting to look like GP4.
Quote from Bawbag :Don't lie, you had the eskudo hack.

I'll need to get the RBR out again and have a blast on it, still the only decent rallying game around, it's starting to look like GP4.

WTH is eskudo hack?

Only change to standard game has been addition of Lada car, also had that Lancia which I tested 2 stages and got bored with it, I don't think that I never managed to finish a stage with it
Quote from JTbo :WTH is eskudo hack?

Only change to standard game has been addition of Lada car, also had that Lancia which I tested 2 stages and got bored with it, I don't think that I never managed to finish a stage with it

Which Lancia, S4? Where did you download that (aka what version is it)?
Quote from deggis :Which Lancia, S4? Where did you download that (aka what version is it)?

It had not textures in it, I think, or something that was really not too good, also it had very narrow powerband and some weird physics issues, it was B-group car, or at least it should have been.

I think that it came from BH motorsports, but can't be too sure as that was in 2004 or 2005 when I drove that last time and as we know my memory has more holes than cheese from Switzerland

Not very helpful information indeed, could not find it with quick search from backups or two places I use to saving downloaded mods, could still have it somewhere in not catalogued dvd backups, but I think it would take hours to find anything from those, maybe easier to find from BH motorsports.
Lancia S4 for RBR

Edit, oh yes, also found out that group-b mod died because RBR could not handle engines more than 400hp.
Quote from JTbo :Lancia S4 for RBR

Ok, but as far as I remember back to 2005, that package didn't have proper physics...

If you still wanna try, try this: http://torttu.com/temp/rbr/lancia_s4_beta.rar

Readme included. That above has 500 hp physics made by rueda, the unofficial RBR physics guru. That version doesn't have internal textures (no cockpit).

edit: there's 3rd version too, dunno what physics this has: http://www.bhmotorsports.com/download/15687

Quote :Edit, oh yes, also found out that group-b mod died because RBR could not handle engines more than 400hp.

Where did you heard that? It can handle whatever amount of hp, but Group B mod were found pointless because no one could hack the real physics files in RBR... meaning that real RWD has been impossible to do and active locks can't be disabled. Too bad. MG Metro 6R4 was the only car "ready" (as ready as it can be with the physics faults) for the mod but for some reason it has been never released... I bet it could be still lots of fun.
Interesting, must give a try to those then at some point.

I heard 400hp to be a limit from nogrip's b-group mod wip thread
I don't know if the limit is 400bhp, however there are so weird engine traits once you go over a certain amount of power, such as not revving under no load etc.

I didn't know real RWD wasn't doable? I have a RWD mod, but maybe it just sends the power through the 4WD box in a 0/100 split or something.
Quote from pb32000 :I don't know if the limit is 400bhp, however there are so weird engine traits once you go over a certain amount of power, such as not revving under no load etc.

I didn't know real RWD wasn't doable? I have a RWD mod, but maybe it just sends the power through the 4WD box in a 0/100 split or something.

I think it was something like putting front wheels to back, set rear wheels to turn and put 5 reverse gears to get RWD and thus it would have bit funny characteristics, but can't really remember if it was that or something else, anyway it is bit of hack
Quote from JTbo :WTH is eskudo hack?

The eskudo pikes peak in GT3, could be modded so it went up on it's rear and hit 1200kph!
Quote from JTbo :You can surely read how there is BUG in bold at front of that line? Bloody thing crashed after driving went almost perfectly and it put that into system and how on earth I could remove it without removing all other times? I don't have time to drive weeks again of it

Couldn't you just redo that stage?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Couldn't you just redo that stage?

Does it save slower time over that one? Must try that.

However I'm having problems:
-When I start game in window, menu texts are not visible.
-I can run only rally school stage as others cause CTD randomly
-rally school stage gave me BSOD claiming nv4disp to be fault

It worked better with old computer as I could play in window then.

I have changed ini options so that it should be now quite safe, rendering quality is medium, cube mapping off and so on, but no avail.

Worked better with radeon, but everything else plays very nicely with this new machine.

This makes me really unhappy at the moment

Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG