The online racing simulator
Ou...
K i will wait for real Patch Y.
thx!!
:wow::wow::hyper:
Quote from PLAYLIFE :hushhh, don't give it all away.

They are in a new folder. It should be called "setups" dunno about prefixes. Havent even been able to start downloading yet... Someone posted a rapidshare link, which is generous. However, rapidshare sucks major azz. "Get your own Premium-account now! Instant download-access! (Or wait 47 minutes)" :bananadea

Yeah that really blows. I'd try to upload it elsewhere (megaupload etc), but my connection is just 16kbps upload, sorry.
Lol... Im backing up my LFS files incase this patch all goes wrong.

Takes a long time to copy 944MB of stuff

The patch is taking its time to download too.... 56% 6 mins left.....

EDIT: Just extracting it into LFS directory... cant w8...
Quote from Blackout :Not easy enough to stall I think. You can drop the revs below 500 in any car and still pull away without clutch, doesn't seem right to me.

And now while Scawen is making road cars more realistic and removing digital speedometer, it would also make sense to remove the shift light.

Digital speedo exist in road car too
I remember to have been in one and it was something like 20 years ago
Quote from Byku :I'm after putting back the option of turning on the "Digital speedo". Analog is "more" realistic, but... i cannot read it on my monitor . Seriously you need to do something about this .

Maybe we could get half the speed labels (i.e. 100, 120, 140 or even less, rather than 100, 110, etc).
It's easier to read a wristwatch with just the cardinal points than with every hour and minute labeled. I won't be able to read the speedos accurately until I've taken a long time to get memorize them, so at the moment they're just too tiny to be worth taking the time to read.
Damn, downshifting in the FBM is hard. I already blipped the throttle even before the patch quite frequently, but now I realize that my timing must have been quite off most of the time.

Great patch!

btw: How do I know if I'm obeying the pit speed limit in the FBM? No proper tach, no speedo, no limiter...
It's weird. We have to lift off the trottle to shift up but even if if you lift off just a little bit it works.

Dunno maybe it's meant to be like that!
Quote from Maelstrom :It's weird. We have to lift off the trottle to shift up but even if if you lift off just a little bit it works.

Dunno maybe it's meant to be like that!

I think it is. You don't fully need to lift in real life either, just so that the transmission unloads or something.
Quote from Linsen :Damn, downshifting in the FBM is hard. I already blipped the throttle even before the patch quite frequently, but now I realize that my timing must have been quite off most of the time.

Great patch!

Agreed... on all accounts I thought it was just my cruddy DFP (I miss me G25 ) but I guess I'm not the only one

It seems to me like the FBMW has a little too much mechanical grip; sorta like the FOX. I think they need 'cheaper' tires, so-to-speak, like Becky was pointing out some time ago. Not sure if that's really a bug or not, though.

Did the changed physics affect damage modelling? I no longer fly into the air when tank-slapping a wall, but I don't get nearly as much damage as before (nor as I should). I know damage is not finished, but this change may need to be looked at.
Have I burned the clutch out...

accelerating in first gear and it just revs nothing happens lol
mmm i dont like the idea of remove the XRT of DEMO, and the DEMO DRIFTERS with what car going to drift??
Wow, cool patch. The throttle blip/cut and forced dial speedo in the road cars are going to put a few of us back in the noob house for a while I think. And removing the XRT from the demo? Scandalous! I can hear the tortured screams of the career demo drifters already!

Downloading now. Lots of cool stuff in your changelog though Scawen, thank you.
Great patch!

One thing though and it's not a small one! The view setting are fun but not when your using pov hat. I'm basicly driving blind. The 45 degree angles are useless because they dont give any extra visibility but the only important view, the 90 degree view, is now gone.

I would like to point out that this is not a small problem. Basicly the viewbuttons have now become arbitrary features
Quote from Linsen :
btw: How do I know if I'm obeying the pit speed limit in the FBM? No proper tach, no speedo, no limiter...

It has a speedo, but it's so tiny I have to pull myself closer to the screen to read it. And the gray backround in the display doesn't really help the visibility either.
Quote from skyline24 :mmm i dont like the idea of remove the XRT of DEMO, and the DEMO DRIFTERS with what car going to drift??

DEMO is NOT a full Game !! they still can use the old version of the game, right?

THX DEVS Great Patch
Quote from skyline24 :mmm i dont like the idea of remove the XRT of DEMO, and the DEMO DRIFTERS with what car going to drift??

If somebody wants to drive a formula one car in LFS, they`ll have to buy a license.

If they want to drift an XRT, they`ll have to do the same, or just use an older, less developed release.
I'm rather alarmed at the reluctance of some people to the development of LFS, it has always been pretty clear that LFS is a simulation yet people don't want to have to lift their foot of the throttle pedal because it will damage their pedals or it's not fun. Likewise people are opposed to being able to damage their clutch or not have an unrealistic speed read out available?

I think this is the most important update since S2 came out because it really confirms the Devs plans for LFS and sends a pretty clear signal out to those who were moaning about really arcade features being removed. LFS is also the only racing sim with proper gearbox simulation (excluding nK on grounds it doesn't work).

The FBM is a really nice car to drive, just a shame about the high sides, but that's realistic and we'll get used to it

Quote from BlueFlame :
I think the clutch thing sucks, it doesn't give you much of a chance to be able to use manual clutch before you burn your clutch out but I have to use clutch on a button for the wheel, i don't have 3 pedals, and what is with the fact you can't change gear unless you have less than 50% throttle?

Don't use manual clutch then, you won't stall and have no disadvantage (short of possibly shift times) over clutch users. The reason you're burning the clutch is because you're putting far too large a speed differential across it, either by slipping it too much when pulling away or by not lifting/blipping correctly, rectifiable by correctly using the right foot.

Quote from Xaid0n :Pulling off below 500 revs is possible, i know someone who has a 1.4l car that can do it...

Not with a racing clutch you don't I thought the Formula BMW was far too easy to pull away with and much harder to stall than the average road car.

Quote from Maelstrom :Digital speedo exist in road car too
I remember to have been in one and it was something like 20 years ago

But how many road cars of the early 90s had them? If you want digital speedos you can have them in heavy ugly bloated modern 'small' cars and I'll have fun doing circles round you in a less powerful lighter and far more fun car with an analog speedo.

Quote from Linsen :Damn, downshifting in the FBM is hard. I already blipped the throttle even before the patch quite frequently, but now I realize that my timing must have been quite off most of the time.

Likewise I've found my downshifts were pretty horrendous, opening the throttle then trying to shift down, now you need to get the timing right.

Quote :

I have a speed read out on the left of my display, I'd rather I didn't though, and I doubt the real car does either. To answer your question IRL you don't in a small single seater, because there's no need to make pitstops so no need to travel fast in the pitlane.
Whaaaa! No more digi speedo!

But I can't see the little needle. /me goes to specsavers:tired:
Quote from GruntOfAction :Removed XR GT Turbo car from demo

FTW!!

2nd post ftw!

>.> xrt removed from =[ sucks to be honest.... Well i dunno its just my opinion. In demo all people drift... Well I guess that developers wanted to show that LFS is for racing not drifting...
Quote from ajp71 :But how many road cars of the early 90s had them? If you want digital speedos you can have them in heavy ugly bloated modern 'small' cars and I'll have fun doing circles round you in a less powerful lighter and far more fun car with an analog speedo.

I'll be whipping past you both in my Astra GTE, with digital speedo

I used it in all cars, but meh...not that big of a deal.

Well those who wish to drift will have to buy S2, why is that a bad thing? One other thing though if the FBM is like the other demo cars will it be possible to get full car tweaks like in LFS Tweak rather than class tweaks?

Quote from Ramses :
One thing though and it's not a small one! The view setting are fun but not when your using pov hat. I'm basicly driving blind. The 45 degree angles are useless because they dont give any extra visibility but the only important view, the 90 degree view, is now gone.

It stops the looking through the sides on high sided cars, which was just silly and is a lot more realistic given the fact that most modern racing cars have either high sided cockpits or seats with side impact protection, both of which limit the view, in fact 45 degrees is probably unrealistic for modern racing seats as used in all the GT cars and a lot of modified road cars.
Quote from Drift2007 :>.> xrt removed from =[ sucks to be honest.... Well i dunno its just my opinion. In demo all people drift... Well I guess that developers wanted to show that LFS is for racing not drifting...

Whilst LFS is a racing simulator the Devs have made at least two acknowledgments of the drift/cruise issue. They included a skin with the word drift written on it in big letters for the XRR and added a filter in patch X30 so racers could get rid of their servers.

So long as they don't slow LFS's development as a racing simulator I don't see the issue with them, however most people would rather that drifters were not excluded from purchasing S2, and the very reason for the removal is probably due to the drift community pandering tight arsed demo users.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG