The online racing simulator
Quote from mrrrco :Would someone english speaking would be cool enough to write what scawen say in the video, cause I don't understand the half of the video...Would be very very nice !
love, marco

Technically I don't speak English, and I'm referred as Kimi in teamspeak, but here you go.

Track part:

"This is Scawen Roberts, programmer of Live for Speed. This short video is about my test day in real Formula BMW, which we've resently added in our racing simulation. The car I drove is owned by Fortec Motorsport, where we vent the day before to test to get my seat fitted. I had to sit on a black plastic bag like a bin liner (??) and they poured chemicals in to the bag which then expanded around me, making a foam seat. There's my son Leo. On the right you see James Marshall, who is running V1 Championship which will be launched next year and shown TV. V1 will be looking for a racing driver trough series of tests, including LFS. My test day was held at Brunghinton (??) proving ground, this was my in a single seater. It's a tight squeeze getting in to the car. Here I am about to pull away for the first time. It took a few laps to get used to the track, and realize I could take the main left bend at full speed because of the downforce. I was trying to go fast as possible, to make most of my day. As you can see, I pass my limits on couple of corners. The long straight was quite a relief after the sequence of mainly right turns. And coming up you see my first crash. Luckily the front wing is being re-attached so I could continue (not sure about this part, lots of noises there). And that was one of two high speed spins. It really was an exciting day and a great experience. I was very worn out by the end of the day, mainly in the arms after about 100 laps."

The LFS part:

"And here is the Formula BMW in LFS. Eric was able to get the best possible reference for the interior of the car by taking photos of the real thing. I got inspired to update the gear box simulation, to drive fast as possible with a sequential gearbox you don't use the clutch and must lift off the throttle for moment to change up. Engines now have more inertia, realistic redlines, clutches can overheat and engines can be stalled. Eric has updated the Blackwood track, there are some changes to the chicane after the hairpin and the section after the main straight to make it more interesting for the less powered cars. He is also worked a lot on the graphics of South city. It's physically safer as well, the curbs are protected by barriers like you would see at Monaco. The AI drivers can now drive out of the pitlane for qualifying or practice and come back in at the end of the race. Their racing line is now calculated in a much better way, they can drive much faster and more consistently than in the old version. They adjust their driving to deal with the condition of their tires and changing weight due the fuel usage. Thanks for watching, i hope you enjoyed the video."

If you meant if French, or if someone has done this already, I'm going to kill something! :P

edit. Off to kill something that is then!
it's really funny to follow the "when does it come out"-discussion
for me the new car and the improvements sounds great and i think the population of lfs will increase with this patch but i would say, don't hope for the come-out today, i think some betatesters said, that it will not be released today
Quote from haelje :i think some betatesters said, that it will not be released today

Good. Because I've got work to do.

That's why I'm posting in the forum.

:dunce:
@Kev:

"Its just for me and my dog, Kiora, den denen den, Kiora, da dee da dee, Kiora"

@Blackout :
Thanks a lot for your time buddy, that was a really cool and interesting reading !
Quote from haelje :it's really funny to follow the "when does it come out"-discussion
for me the new car and the improvements sounds great and i think the population of lfs will increase with this patch but i would say, don't hope for the come-out today, i think some betatesters said, that it will not be released today

Yes, but I hope that "some betatesters" (they like "Heroes" a lot) might just want to trick people and then "Suprise, it's there"
post to developers:

will you be able to choose wich display you have on your wheel like IRL?

say if you want your break pressure there, or if you just want your lap times/speed/revs..

and also one thing i noticed when i tried the FB02 in rfactor, IRL the lights go from left ro right (shiftlights) with the one furthest to the right the right time to shift, while in rfactor, it closes in from both sides to the middle, how is this in the fbm?

cant wait to try it btw, hope it feels like the real thing, because the real thing is great fun =)
Big Brother is watching you
Quote from kekkart :post to developers:

will you be able to choose wich display you have on your wheel like IRL?

say if you want your break pressure there, or if you just want your lap times/speed/revs..

and also one thing i noticed when i tried the FB02 in rfactor, IRL the lights go from left ro right (shiftlights) with the one furthest to the right the right time to shift, while in rfactor, it closes in from both sides to the middle, how is this in the fbm?

cant wait to try it btw, hope it feels like the real thing, because the real thing is great fun =)

I'm sure LFS developers can tell difference of left and right, unlike some rFactor mod makers
Quote from danowat :Historically, LFS patches are released on a Friday afternoon @ 2pm.

People thought we would see it today because of the release of the CMX viewer, we still might.

I would say if it's not here by teatime, then it will be next Friday

15 minutes to go!

guess I should stop acting as if all those rumours are true ; )
Ten mins to go and i gota go for an interview with careers...the joys id of been home for an hour if i didnt =/ sigh

Oh well

I will really laff if it dusnt come out till the 23rd
Dont get yourself worked up for a release in 10 minutes, there is no Dedi release so there wont be an actual patch release for a good while yet.

(unless im wrong).
Quote from DeKo :Dont get yourself worked up for a release in 10 minutes, there is no Dedi release so there wont be an actual patch release for a good while yet.

(unless im wrong).

Unless they release it at the same time?

I hope it comes out in 10 mins but i doupt it :S Hopefully itll be next friday
Quote from evilpimp :Unless they release it at the same time?

I hope it comes out in 10 mins but i doupt it :S Hopefully itll be next friday

but thats a bit dim, there would be no servers up or anything. They release the dedi a while before so the servers are all setup and that.
True true... I guess we will have to wait till next friday MAYBE?

Hopefully theyll release the dedi now at least.

Grrrrrrr cant wait to stall the engin and burn my clutch....
And where did this 14 o'clock came from anyway? There has been no consistency in release times, other than it's usually Friday.
and who says there are no servers up? just becase you can't find them doesn't meean they aren't there
Well its 2 now i believe in UK.
2:07 here

DK
Building up rumours

And bored in class...
Lol yeah thought so. Rumours.
This thread is closed

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
(1389 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG