The online racing simulator
I was going to post here when this thread first started, but knew I would be upgrading soon..so decided to wait; then I forgot all about it

Anyways:

Core 2 Quad E6600
Asus P35N SLI Mobo
700 watt PSU (cant remember make )
2Gb Crucial RAM @ 800Mhz 5-5-5-18
500Gb SATA II HD
200Gb SATA 1 HD
nVidia 8800GTS (320) GFX
Logitech G25 (of course! )
M$ Keyboard and Rodent
Belinea 22" Widescreen TFT Monitor
Canon Pixma MP500 printer
Quote from Bladerunner :I was going to post here when this thread first started, but knew I would be upgrading soon..so decided to wait; then I forgot all about it

Anyways:

Core 2 Quad E6600
Asus P35N SLI Mobo
700 watt PSU (cant remember make )
2Gb Crucial RAM @ 800Mhz 5-5-5-18
500Gb SATA II HD
200Gb SATA 1 HD
nVidia 8800GTS (320) GFX
Logitech G25 (of course! )
M$ Keyboard and Rodent
Belinea 22" Widescreen TFT Monitor
Canon Pixma MP500 printer

Whats that screen like? Been looking at getting one of those.
It's not a Core 2 Quad E6600. E6600 is the Dual Core part. Q6600 is your chip.
Quote from srdsprinter :It's not a Core 2 Quad E6600. E6600 is the Dual Core part. Q6600 is your chip.

yes, you have a Q6600, E6600 is a core2 chip of yours, with half the cache
Quote from harjun :yes, you have a Q6600, E6600 is a core2 chip of yours, with half the cache

Sorry....Typo...

Question is, how do I overclock it?

Quote from mcintyrej :Whats that screen like? Been looking at getting one of those.

Absolutely no problems at all, crisp, clear, good colour, and a fairly wide 'viewing angle', so you dont have to keep your head still to watch anything...second best £150 I ever spent on my 'puter! (1st best HAS to be my G25 )
[quote=Bladerunner;603505]Sorry....Typo...

Question is, how do I overclock it?
quote]woudln't recommend it, you know nothing about it, and would probably kill it, but go the BIOS, change the FSB rate to around....400-500, and the multiplyer to 10....try that.
Quote from harjun :woudln't recommend it, you know nothing about it, and would probably kill it, but go the BIOS, change the FSB rate to around....400-500, and the multiplyer to 10....try that.

Everyone has to learn somewhere....

Do NOT take advice on settings, esp not from Harjun - he hasn't mentioned vCore, Dividers of board settings, all of which are important. You need to be able to overclock YOURSELF, not punch numbers in.

If you want to learn how to overclock then i suggest that you read guides on Overclock.net
i recommend putting the FSB to 500, multiplyer to 20, and then the Vcore to around...3.75Voltage, RAM Voltage to 5V, and then that will run LFS very good....
Quote from harjun :i recommend putting the FSB to 500, multiplyer to 20, and then the Vcore to around...3.75Voltage, RAM Voltage to 5V, and then that will run LFS very good....

It'd fry before it gets there...so how about taking some advice and shutting up when you have no clue about a subject? Oh, the irony...
Quote from Jakg :You need to be able to overclock YOURSELF, not punch numbers in.

Quote from harjun :i recommend putting the FSB to 500, multiplyer to 20, and then the Vcore to around...3.75Voltage, RAM Voltage to 5V, and then that will run LFS very good....

After all this time you still don't get it? Come on! He has to understand WHY he is putting in those numbers, what they effect and change otherwise he could get himself lost and into all kinds of trouble, just like you did
it was a joke...its not like your even gonna get 10Ghz lol, at Vcore of 3.7 lol...it would have been funny if he acutally put those numbers in...i put 350X10 on my P5k, but lucking the anti crashing BIOS, after a while booted up, otherwise i would have had to take the mobo battery out, etc. etc....
Quote from harjun :it was a joke...its not like your even gonna get 10Ghz lol, at Vcore of 3.7 lol...it would have been funny if he acutally put those numbers in...i put 350X10 on my P5k, but lucking the anti crashing BIOS, after a while booted up, otherwise i would have had to take the mobo battery out, etc. etc....

You started out just like this guy could be starting and the advice you give could **** up his computer, it's not funny Harjun.
I wish the mods could ban users from certain forums.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I wish the mods could ban users from certain forums.

+1 - please.

Harjun, you had 2 closed threads each over 5 pages long and your joking with him over the issue of overclocking?

Epic, Epic Fail.
Quote from mcintyrej :+1 - please.

Harjun, you had 2 closed threads each over 5 pages long and your joking with him over the issue of overclocking?

Epic, Epic Fail.

I have to admit this guys... My question of "how do I overclock it?" was a DIRECT DIG/PI$$TAKE at the person who picked up the fact that I had made a small error in naming my processor!

WTF does this kid think I have a nearly top-of-the-range system for (that daddy DIDNT buy for me!) if I don't know how to use it?
FWIW Harjun, I was LITERALLY stripping down and building computers BEFORE YOU WERE BORN!!!!
Furthermore, after PMSL at some of your earlier threads, I am afraid you are the last person on this planet (or any other!) that I would seriously ask for advice..
Just goes to show...when fishing, use the right bait, and reel in your catch!

Quote from harjun :t was a joke...its not like your even gonna get 10Ghz lol, at Vcore of 3.7 lol...it would have been funny if he acutally put those numbers in...i put 350X10 on my P5k, but lucking the anti crashing BIOS, after a while booted up, otherwise i would have had to take the mobo battery out, etc. etc....

Funny for who you ignorant little twit (wanted to substitute the 'i' for a 'a'..but dont wanna upset teh mods )..IF I had been a n00b and fried my system because of your 'joke', then I would come and find you (easy...just look for the fourth cleverist skool in the country) and teach you how funny it is when you have to stick a toothbrush up your jacksie to clean your teeth!
Attached images
epicfail.jpg
Quote from Bladerunner :I have to admit this guys... My question of "how do I overclock it?" was a DIRECT DIG/PI$$TAKE at the person who picked up the fact that I had made a small error in naming my processor!

WTF does this kid think I have a nearly top-of-the-range system for (that daddy DIDNT buy for me!) if I don't know how to use it?
FWIW Harjun, I was LITERALLY stripping down and building computers BEFORE YOU WERE BORN!!!!
Furthermore, after PMSL at some of your earlier threads, I am afraid you are the last person on this planet (or any other!) that I would seriously ask for advice..
Just goes to show...when fishing, use the right bait, and reel in your catch!

Pfft. I even PM'd you some "handy links" Convincing bugger.
*resists temptation for epic boobs... *

Its not that he posts, it's just that every single thing that he posts is totally... stupid and unhelpful.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :*resists temptation for epic boobs... *

Its not that he posts, it's just that every single thing that he posts is totally... stupid and unhelpful.

Bit of a spam post, but that first line made me laugh big time!
Let's BUMP this thread up a bit.

My new rig:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66 GHz
EVGA Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
Cooler Master case
BIOSTAR mobo
750W PSU
Seagate 320GB HDD

(the mouse next to my laptop got burned :tilt
Attached images
HPIM0169.JPG
Quote from h3adbang3r :Let's BUMP this thread up a bit.

My new rig:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66 GHz
EVGA Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
Cooler Master case
BIOSTAR mobo
750W PSU
Seagate 320GB HDD

(the mouse next to my laptop got burned :tilt

Where is your wheel?!? :cry:
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Where is your wheel?!? :cry:

I don't keep it on my desk all the time, but i do keep the pedals where I use them
Quote from h3adbang3r :I don't keep it on my desk all the time, but i do keep the pedals where I use them

it's a momo .... wait.. is it a dfp?

btw nice system got the same only with no gfx card and Asus P5kc.. im still damn waiting for it.. (8800GT)..
Quote from Takumi_lfs :it's a momo .... wait.. is it a dfp?

btw nice system got the same only with no gfx card and Asus P5kc.. im still damn waiting for it.. (8800GT)..

It's a Sidewinder FFB. I need a new heatsink because the copper that contacts the CPU is scratched, one core runs a constant 4C higher than the other.
Might aswell post up the oldie Stole the formatting from some guy many pages ago

Processor:
AMD X2 4400+
Videocard: XFX Nvidia 7950 GX2
Memory: Geil 3GB
HDD: 2x Seagate 80GB & 1x 400GB (SATA2 NCQ)
Motherboard: Asus A8N-E
PSU: Antec TruePower 550W
Speakers: Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers/TDK Headphones
Soundcard: Onboard 7.1 audio
Monitor: Dell 24"
Case: Lian-Li PC-V1000B
Wheel: Logitech G25
Just upgraded my system for christmas

Hardware:
Processor: AMD X2 6400+ Black Gamer edition
Videocard: XFX Nvidia 8800 GTX (running at 1950 mhz)
Memory: OCZ DDR 2 - Dual channel PLatinum revision running at 800mhx with 444 15 timings (Have 4g but power supply not good enough to run 2g)
HDD: Samsung 500g sata II, Samsung 300g IDE, Samsung 120g IDE
DVD: Samsung WriteMaster SataII with
Motherboard: Asus M32n sli Deluxe Green with AI (Quiet technology and AI driven cooling and Overclock utilities)
PSU: Artic Storm 700W (upgrading to 1000W) to power 4g mem
Speakers: Mad KAtz 5.1 surround
Soundcard: Onboard 8 channel
Monitor: 1 x Dell 17", 2 x DGM 17"
Monitor devices: Matrox triple head 2 go
Case: Aqua Jeantech Gaming Developments Case
Cooling: PSC - Zalman 9500 psu cooler - Case 3 x 80mm artic blue fans - 1 x 120mm artic blue
Accesories:
Mouse: Logitech G5 Gaming mouse
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Keyboard
Headset: Pantronics Game.com 1
Wheel: Logitech DFP
Additional controlers: G Saitek X52 Flight Control System, Saitek rudder pedal controls, Logitech USB wireless dual rumble controler.

Next planned upgrades

1000w Power supply
2nd 8800 GTX to run SLI
Upgrade OCZ memory to SLI compliant pre loaded sli timing and Profile Memory

Will fund Upgrade by selling old System
Hardware:
Processor: AMD 4600+ Socket 929
Motherboard: Gigabyte 8KN Sli
Cooling: Standard PSU cooling - case 3 x 120mm artic blue fans
Videocard: 2 x 7600GT in SLI format
Memory: 2g DDR 1 (non Specific)
HDD: 2 x Nvidia Stripe 200g Sata in Stripe format
DVD: Generic DVD Burner
PSU: 450W Generic (suitable to power current configuration.
Soundcard: Onboard
Case: Packard Bell case - its the best case Ive had - real roomy and easy to work with - Dont wont to sell it but wont take a GTX size card without cutting.

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG