The online racing simulator
the people spending money on quadcores... why... why... why...
Quote from george_tsiros :the people spending money on quadcores... why... why... why...

Personally I do a lot of compiling - the more raw CPU power I can get the better. (I can very easily multi-thread the compile jobs, it's just an option in /etc/makepkg.conf [Arch Linux])
I`m teaching advanced multitasking classes .

Many applications benefit of multi-threading these days, i can live with -20 fps in games.. where some overclocked E8400/E8600 would perhaps perform better(power bill is not a big issue).

I won`t be planning an upgrade `till 2013 again..

I`ll sometimes be rendering/encoding while working in corel/photoshop, at the same time listening some music, the usual "30 open tabs" firefox[...] - these had happen before and it`s a pain working with Amd64 3000+. ([...]and lfs minimised.. see this thread :P).
Quote from george_tsiros :the people spending money on quadcores... why... why... why...

Because quadcores will be standard in a couple months. (nehalem)
i dont run it in Crossfire but in QuadFire.
Ati's and Amd's newest System
Quote from needforspeeyy :

Intel Core™ 2 Quad Extreme QX9770 3,2GHz,LGA775,1600MHz,45nm, 12MB Over clocket too 5,2 Ghz !!!

5,2ghz?
Quote from sharukh :i dont run it in Crossfire but in QuadFire.
Ati's and Amd's newest System

pics?
He's the guy with the 928 at age 14 though - so you may as well ignore his posts as blatant lies (in poor English).
Quote from needforspeeyy :Intel Core™ 2 Quad Extreme QX9770 3,2GHz,LGA775,1600MHz,45nm, 12MB Over clocket too 5,2 Ghz !!!

Even the best overclocker's in the world cannot reach this stably!
Quote from mclarenmatt :Even the best overclocker's in the world cannot reach this stably!

i was just thinking that.

Quote from Jakg :He's the guy with the 928 at age 14 though - so you may as well ignore his posts as blatant lies (in poor English).

i knew it!
Quote from Bose321 :i was just thinking that.

I think the fastest ever stable clock was something like 4.2Ghz but im not 100% sure.

Anything over 4.2Ghz thats stable just isn't possible yet.
Quote from mclarenmatt :I think the fastest ever stable clock was something like 4.2Ghz but im not 100% sure.

now we only have to wait for his respons
For the QX9770 or in general? Because those with E8600 are staying at 4500-4600mhz 24/7.
Quote from Ovidiu23 :For the QX9770 or in general? Because those with E8600 are staying at 4500-4600mhz 24/7.

I meant the average in general

Didn't realise the E8600 clocked so high though!
Quote from mclarenmatt :I think the fastest ever stable clock was something like 4.2Ghz but im not 100% sure.

WR is smth like 4,6 ghz, but it failed after 15 mins.
but this 14 year old kid has alot of experience, so he can easily clock to 5,2
Quote from needforspeeyy :APLUS Case EL Diablo casemod
Thermaltake Toughpower 1500W Modular
6000 mb ram

Yes, of course. 6000 must be 4096+1024+512+256+64+32+16 mb...
OMG, you crazy.
Quote from Bose321 :but this 14 year old kid has alot of experience, so he can easily clock to 5,2

U C4N P0WERCLo0CK 1T TO 10102929GHZ!111!
2GB + 4GB = 6144MB of RAM btw.
Quote from Jakg :2GB + 4GB = 6144MB of RAM btw.

yes, not 6000 as the guy claimed
maybe he shaved some of
mmm, i can smell some chips frying.. in the kitchen.
Quote from needforspeeyy :[...]Oilecooled CPU[...]

nice, and what oile do you use? pics ?
Quote from needforspeeyy :Intel Core™ 2 Quad Extreme QX9770 3,2GHz,LGA775,1600MHz,45nm, 12MB Over clocket too 5,2 Ghz !!!

you know .. you could get there with air cooling.. but living in Antarctica could prove to be expensive.
Quote from needforspeeyy :Thermaltake Toughpower 1500W Modular

dude, even 4870x2 doesn`t NEED all that.. >_<. go for redundancy lol.

now.. let`s animate this thread a little.. here`s the mess, it was evening: (sry, crappy phone quality)

the next day.. cable management time, i only did 2-3 photos. this one in the beginning, i`ll do more when i`ll open it again.

i also have to get a night shot these days, with proper equipment.. :hide:

next:

24/7 i`m running it at 3.55ghz.. (*@4ghz voltage is too high for my taste) it runs cool and silent, once in a while the video card started sounding like a vacuum cleaner, but now, with a custom profile,fan spd-upped a little, it barely gets to 70 degrees-load(and barely audible).
Attached images
N6630_(064).jpg
pi.JPG
nuclearu.JPG
04.jpg
15.jpg
05.jpg
Quote from STF :snip

I will say this now, whilst that is of course a v. good PSU - modular PSUs ftw. Wire management is far far easier.
Update - My PC hasn't changed this time.

My old laptop's (HP nx7400) screen broke (screen, not inverter), and a new one was about £150 - I decided I would might as well buy a new laptop, so I bought an Asus 701 4G Linux, modded with 2GB of RAM, a hooky (and now legit) copy of XP, a Draft-N WiFi card, internal 8GB memory stick, 8GB SD Card and Bluetooth for £150 del. I really started to like this little thing and have been finding the size great for School.

My Dad, however, thought he'd be nice and buy an old laptop and take the screen off and swap them over - except he ended up paying about £150 for it...

So my old laptop is now back up and running (albeit with the whole top half from another similar laptop) and I have my little eee - And I have no idea which one to use for School.

:X
AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition @ 3.0GHZ
Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3
4GB DDR2 800MHZ
ATI Radeon HD3870 512MB
250GB Samsung Sata2 8MB Cache
Windows Vista Home Premium X64
Kaspersky Internet Security 2009

A good little gaming pc, apart from it never run's many games due to the graphics card driver not responding (a known issue with ATI & Vista) :/

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG