ASUS GTX 560 TI CUE2 1 GB
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
1200Watt Corsair PSU
Home built racing cockpit + Bucket seat
Logitech G27
lol all this got built (including pc) like 3 days ago
$2500 out of pocket
lucky me
Are you guys serious? I use a $300 system (2x2gb 1333mhz RAM, some 3-core AMD cpu and a GeForce GTS450 1GB) and run any racing game on top settings with AAx8 AFx16 @ 1920x1080 resolution.
Quote from BullHorn :Are you guys serious? I use a $300 system (2x2gb 1333mhz RAM, some 3-core AMD cpu and a GeForce GTS450 1GB) and run any racing game on top settings with AAx8 AFx16 @ 1920x1080 resolution.

It's because there system is not only for racing game, games like Crysis/BF3 are alot more taxing on there system than some racing game.
Quote from dadge :because he can.

Well okay, but a 1200W PSU is still useless in that build.
Quote from Bose321 :Well okay, but a 1200W PSU is still useless in that build.

Maybe he's planning to upgrade to two/three GTX 680's as soon as they are released, and 560 Ti is just a temporary thing.
I thought this would be the best place to post this. Here are my ghetto reverse mounted G25 pedals. (1st prototype :razz

My 'cockpit' is really horrible. It's an L-shaped table where the corner of the L is rounded (forming a quarter-circle) - Can't mount the G27 on it because the angle forces half of the locking mechanism to be off. I'm thinking of drilling holes in it to hard-mount the wheel but I don't know. Moving to the left or the right (away from the circle-corner) is not an option because of the table's legs on the short side and a bunch of drawers on the long side.
-
(BullHorn) DELETED by BullHorn
Show picture might help get ideas on how to work around it- maybe cut part out of the rounded edge to allow flush mount of the wheel
Quote from lukelfs :I thought this would be the best place to post this. Here are my ghetto reverse mounted G25 pedals. (1st prototype :razz

u still play!
Heres my final set up-
http://i568.photobucket.com/al ... 11-05-01_17-16-28_200.jpg

the wheel mounted on hinge- so it ducks down under the monitor upsidedown and another piece on a hinge comes up and take the empty wheel space for my KB mouse for other none racing game

I can post more pics if someone needs the set up- i was lacking space so needed it

new computer being built- AND many reason to have a bad ass computer just cus it looks amazing and your not stuck only playing certaing game you get to play all games you'll ever want- for a time then upgrade time or video editing or other stuff

See computer on bottom looks way better then a cheap computer just sitting there MY old set up had to loose my dual :-(
http://i568.photobucket.com/al ... fabi92025/Photo0552-1.jpg
Quote from Greboth :Mine sort of looks like that now, though I noticed seems its got not hdd's. Edit: Have you got a link to the build? Would be interested to know how the pump is mounted under the res.

@HarryGillman: You don't need a high spec pc to play lfs, I think most people on here, like myself, have good pc's for other games and means lfs runs as super fps speeds

ehh I don't think I'll be able to find it but he does have a HDD. Look closely and you will see a black sata cable
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
System Model: 939Dual-VSTA
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Video card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240
Display memory: 1 GB
Wheel: Logitech Formula Formula Force Ex (for more than 2 and a half years or even more)
I run on everything maxed with 8xAA and 16xAF @ 1280x1024.

I get 50-80 FPS (on full grid I get about 20 or a bit less)
Quote from Sobis :
I get 50-80 FPS (on full grid I get about 20 or a bit less)

FPS is most important at the start of a race. put the dynamic LOD reduction to about 75%. this will change the quality settings on the fly to ensure you get good fps at the start. the quality level will then increase as the pack opens.
Quote from dadge :FPS is most important at the start of a race. put the dynamic LOD reduction to about 75%. this will change the quality settings on the fly to ensure you get good fps at the start. the quality level will then increase as the pack opens.

Really? I've always thought it just lowered the detail of far away objects.
Quote from dadge :FPS is most important at the start of a race.

Actually, I'm more of a cruiser (I'm participating in some leagues, but there are no full grids), so I'm standing on a full grid rarely.
Quote from Whiskey :Really? I've always thought it just lowered the detail of far away objects.

put it up to 100% and watch a replay (onboard) of a large grid. and watch the surrounding cars as the lap opens up
Quote from jepsertti :Mine PC (Just only month old )

Intel(R) Core™ i7-2600 3.4GHz

AMD Radeon™ 6870 1GB

8GB DDR3 RAM

2x1000GB Hard Drives

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

My poor resolution until i get new screen 1280x1024

Logitech Driving Force GT (Next week it's going to be G27 Already bought it Now just waiting...)

Well, actually i use this rig only 5% in lfs I play bf3, dirt 3 etc. with that.. It's stupid to buy rig like that for lfs only
Here's my beast...

O/S: Windows 7 Enterprise 32bit SP 1
MB: ASRock ALive NF5 eSATA2+
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core 2,66MHz 5000+
RAM: 3GB DDRII (not sure about MHz though)
GPU: ATI Radeon HD4650 512MB DDRII
HDD: 2*160GB
Screen: Samsung SyncMaster 943SN 19" (1360X768)
Got a new wheel on Friday

Processor:
Intel Core i7 2600K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C12P SE14
Memory: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (PC3-12800)
HDDs: Seagate 500GB (single platter), 2x Seagate 1TB, WD Elements 1TB, WD Velociraptor 600GB
Video Card: EVGA GTX 580 3GB
Monitor: Dell U2711
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Speakers/Headphones: Logitech Z-5500D, Sennheiser PC 350
Keyboard: Logitech G510
Mouse: Logitech G9
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Computer Case: Antec Nine Hundred Two
Power Supply:
Antec TPQ 1000W PSU
Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS (with G25 shifter)
Some people will now know who I am
Here's my soon 4-year-old machine (haven't replaced clocked or upgraded anything by myself):

CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400, 2666 MHz (8 x 333)
System Memory 4026 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM) 2x kingston 2GB
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 (1024 MB)
---I used to have 9800GT, but since my hd, memory and video card just broke down at once without any praticular reason they replaced all and swithed to gts450 with no extra charge at warranty (wich i had only one month left, nice timing eh?
).---
Disk Drive ST3500413AS ATA Device (465 GB, IDE)
Mouse: Logitech RX1000
keyboard: black logitech....
Wheel: DFP
Monitor: 23" Benq G2320HDB

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG