The online racing simulator
Unlock S1 Master Server connection failed
hey guys

i have a big problem.
i would unlock s1 and it always says me theres no connection to the master server.
what reason could it be??
i'm so desperate.i payed money for it!!!! I was sitting about five hours on that crap without any solution.
please help me guys
Quote from Turbo_dreams :hey guys

i have a big problem.
i would unlock s1 and it always says me theres no connection to the master server.
what reason could it be??
i'm so desperate.i payed money for it!!!! I was sitting about five hours on that crap without any solution.
please help me guys

restarted computer...also i think you posted in the wrong place
What do you think of my pc specs..........??

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 Ghz 8Mb Cach,
4GB Kingston DDR2 667 - 4 x 1GB single modules,
250Gb SATA Hard Drive, ,
X-Cruiser Black, Atrix 800Watt Silent Dual Fan ,
8800GT 512mb graphics card ,
C2D - ASROCK CONROE 1333fsb-DDR667x2 integrated motherboard,
Samsung DVD +/- Re-writer,
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 PCI 7.1,
Quote from marek100 :What do you think of my pc specs..........??

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 Ghz 8Mb Cach,
4GB Kingston DDR2 667 - 4 x 1GB single modules,
250Gb SATA Hard Drive, ,
X-Cruiser Black, Atrix 800Watt Silent Dual Fan ,
8800GT 512mb graphics card ,
C2D - ASROCK CONROE 1333fsb-DDR667x2 integrated motherboard,
Samsung DVD +/- Re-writer,
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 PCI 7.1,

nice...but i think you could have chosen a different motherboard?
Mmm Laptop...
It's not really anything special, but I love it!

Name - Acer Travelmate 5720
Processor - Intel Core2Duo CPU T7300 @ 2GHz
RAM - 2046mb
Graphics - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT @ 256mb (1024mb "hyper" memory)
HDD - 160GB + 160GB External HDD
Sound - Logitech X-230 2.1 speakers
Other - Logitech DFP, Logitech Dual Action Gamepad, Microsoft Intellimouse 1.1, Labtec Headset.
OS - Vista Home Premium

That's all I really know!
Attached images
IMAGE_001.jpg
Motherboard: MSI K9A2 Platinum (AM2+)
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+ Black Edition (3,2ghz)
Memory: Kingston HyperX DDR2-800 2GB (2x1024)
Graphic Card: Sapphire Radeon X1950 Pro (256mb)

200gb + 400gb
LG L222WS (22" Widescreen)
Zalman CNPS9700 NT CPU Cooler

Works fine..! the graphic card sucks doh, but i only play lfs!
Attached images
000_0474.jpg
000_0510.jpg
I have that heatsink! It's cool cause everything in my computer glows blue and then in the middle I have this heatsink glowing green, lol.
Watercooling installed

Rad and block in

Tubing all fitted

Leak testing

UV in

Mmmmmm acidy
Quote from Crashgate3 :I'm really tempted to try watercooling for my next PC, more for noise reasons than extreme overclocking (although I'd probably give that a go too )

I don't really trust myself to put together a water-system from buying my own water-blocks, radiator etc (although looking on various forums this is the 'proper' way to do it, and certainly the cheapest). Zalman do a very nice passive external radiator kit, the Reserator (and the XT version, with a large, quiet fan) which contains everything you need and is very tempting. The reviews I've read all say it's great.

The Reserator ROCKS for noise (ie it is keeping this Quad cool and is almost silent), however the new "XT" is ULTRA expensive, not that quiet and is DEMOLISHED in cooling by a proper cooling setup.

I didn't trust myself to watercool until i actually did. It's a piece of piss once you work it out, though. I'd much rather get a custom kit than a Zalman XT, as i could make a kit thats quieter for cheaper.

EDIT - That watercooling system looks nice, but if it wont turn on i think i know why - you forgot to plug the bloody power into the mobo!
I need to do a lot more research to be honest, but thanks Jakg for reassuring me that common proles can acheive successful results

The setup I am intending to get will involve dual SLI and a quad-core chip, all watercooled - its whether getting the kit to acheive this inside the case will be possible without having to cut holes in the side, as I have absolutely no knowledge of how to do this or indeed the tools to do it either. The Zalman caught my eye as its all external.
I do like the idea of the setup Mc21 posted, with the little radiator piggy-backing the case exhaust fan, but I imagine that's far too small a radiator for what I want to do.
Someone should just build their PC into a small refrigerator or freezer or something, lol.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Someone should just build their PC into a small refrigerator or freezer or something, lol.

Condensation and the fact that the compressor in a fridge isn't designed for that are a big a load.

Quad core and SLi'd GFX will easily overload a Reserator though. Mine just cools this 95w Quad core. Imagine a 95w Q6600 G0 and TWO 177w 8800GTX on a Reserator!
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Someone should just build their PC into a small refrigerator or freezer or something, lol.

Chillblast used to make the Vapochill - this used the same kind of phase-change coolant used in fridges. The bit hanging down in the pic is the part you fasten to the CPU. It wasn't small (look at the 5.25" drive bays on the fron to get an idea of how much bigger it was than a normal PC case) but it could get a 3GHz P4 chip to around 5GHz with the right custom BIOS. The fairly funny thing is that stock Core2Duos are probably faster than that these days.

AMD Athlon 3200+
512MB RAM DDR
ATI RADEON 9600 PRO 128MB
160GB Sata HD
some ASUS motherboard
and a LCD !!!!

thats 2004 rig RESPECT TO THIS OLDIE

replacing it this month with

E6750
8800GT
250GB 16MB SATA
2GB RAM 8xx MHz
Quote from Jakg :Condensation and the fact that the compressor in a fridge isn't designed for that are a big a load.

Quad core and SLi'd GFX will easily overload a Reserator though. Mine just cools this 95w Quad core. Imagine a 95w Q6600 G0 and TWO 177w 8800GTX on a Reserator!

The condensation issue could be overcome if you really wanted to try it... dunno who would though. All I can say is, the day I own my own home, and decide on a definite position for the computer chassis, I'm running an intake pipe from outside and attaching it to one of the intake fans on the back of the case. That way, at least during the winter months, I could benefit from below-freezing air to help keep things cool. Actually, I should do that now in my dorm with some sort of hose, since my desk is the one near the window... lol.
Running air from outside works fine.

Believe me the fridge idea has been tried and failed.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :The condensation issue could be overcome if you really wanted to try it... dunno who would though. All I can say is, the day I own my own home, and decide on a definite position for the computer chassis, I'm running an intake pipe from outside and attaching it to one of the intake fans on the back of the case. That way, at least during the winter months, I could benefit from below-freezing air to help keep things cool. Actually, I should do that now in my dorm with some sort of hose, since my desk is the one near the window... lol.

The fridge doesn't work.

Post I made on OCN warning peo ... hey post what you posted.
Why the fridge idea doesn't work - A fridge's compressors are designed are designed to cool a small area to a low temperature. They are NOT designed to deal with a heat load, especially not one as large as a modern PC will generate.

What happens when you use kit that IS designed for the heat load? Phase Change baby!
What you want is a big tank, treated against corrosion, buried underground in your garden and use that as the reservoir for the water-cooling system. Certainly no need for a radiator...
Where would the heat actually go - a radiator would work better :P
I will post some pictures of my water cooled rig also, now.
Attached images
Picture 002.jpg
Picture 006.jpg
Picture 004.jpg
Picture 008.jpg
No offense to anyone here (I don't what setups people are using exactly) but you'd be better off spending $50 on aircooling than a cheap watercooling setup, until you get to about the $200 mark an air cooling setup will be more effective and far simpler.
Yes, but you'd also be better of spending £200,000 on a house rather than a Ferrari, but people stilll buy Ferraris

Quote from Jakg :Where would the heat actually go - a radiator would work better :P

The heat goes through the sides of the metal tank into the ground, which, being underground is always only a few degrees above zero. I read about someone doing that on a forum a few years ago, although I can't rememeber where. More of an experiment to see if it could be done than anything practical. Worked *very* well though if I rememeber, although I imagine it wasn't the most portable setup ever...
Just as an update my bits arrive later today:

8800GTS (g92)
Q6600
Ballistix 1066
Asus P5K-E

Looking at all the water cooling setups people have, and as I will be upgrading to a water cooling kit in a couple of months. Is it possible to get them without all the bright shiny luminescent stuff all over the place?

I know people like all this brightly coloured stuff but I do not, im a minimalist at heart (i dont even have any icons on my desktop). Just wondering as I have not really looked into the water cooling systems yet.

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG