The online racing simulator
Does the eVGA step-up actually in the UK?

That GTS is the one i was on about.
ah crap

[stereotype]

Bloody Americans!

[/stereotype]

Thats that idea out the window. Oh well it looks like a good bet anyway.

May I just ask one more question, are you liquid cooling on the cpu clock you mentioned Jak cos that seems like a big increase!?
well with the ram there is a problem, it only reads 3.25 on my machine due to physical addresses i think, but this depends on the graphics ram, 2 would be fine i think but 4 better, the ocz ram is not very expencive from ebuyer, i bought my 4 gig set for under 100 and they do a 2gb set of pc-6400 for 46
just got these to update my pc plus a new CPU as somhow i fried mine
MY new and updated rig config: (gonna receive it soon by mail)

old config:
Pentium D920, Arctic cooling freezer7 pro, 2gb ddr2667 ram,22" ACER al2223W, 2x250gb hdd sata 3.0gbps, x1650pro which i got later as a prize at a lan party contest

new config:
Intel E2200 Dual core (will overclock to 3.56 GHZ and not harjun it!!)
2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 (EDIT-havent ordered a ram yet gonna see if i change my mind later and get something else)
MSI 945GCM5-F (had to choose a normal mobo b/c salvaged the old hp case to put a micro ATX)
ATI GFX card salvaged from the old config
another 250 making it to three 250GB Hdd's
freezer7 pro salvaged from the old config
Silverstone Zeus SST 560 watt psu (planning to put a 8800 gtx or the new 9 series once i have time to buy a Full ATX case with new mobo)

and thats it basically
You wont get a overclock that large on a 945 chipset. Heck, you wont get an overclock that large on any chipset on air.
Quote from Dooonster :just got these to update my pc plus a new CPU as somhow i fried mine

hmm...KFC
Quote from harjun :hmm...KFC

YUS and a new motherboard and spec to go with that post now!
yum yum

and im only using 2 of the screens atm the colour just dont seem right on the new two i got but i cant complain for 15 pounds new with 1 year warrent

wont direct link this image lol
http://img.photobucket.com/alb ... dooooney/Untitled-1-6.jpg thats will give u all enough insite on ma pc dont rob me lol and my rooms getting abit full of them look at it lol

whoa, you got loads of pcs there
but not as much stuff as you harjun: a kart, a new pc and soon a dslr to name just a few
Quote from james12s :but not as much stuff as you harjun: a kart, a new pc and soon a dslr to name just a few

no...i dont have a kart, i dunno what your on.
it was a bit of a joke, no harm intended
Quote from james12s :it was a bit of a joke, no harm intended

on this forum it probably is harm, as everyones so stressed if someone gets 1 more post count..
soz
Quote from james12s :soz

OMG...IM TELLING B0B Sm1th !!!One!EEO!1 you got your post count up 3 times by spam....

Really nice rigs here, i saw a Q6600 2Gb Machine by Dell for only £300, and the Q6600 itself is £160! but the only problem is it had some Ati old Gpx card
wtf harjun, ohhh 3 posts, big f-ing deal,ok 4 not and this is not spam, spam are post like:
Sad laugh at Harjun accussing others at spamming.

I saw the dell deal here in the states as well. Nice CPU, but DDR2-667 crap RAM, Crap Motherboard, and Crap integrated Graphics. And the CPU will spend its entire life at <2/3s its potential assuming almost all Q6600s can do 3.2 w/out too much stress.
Quote from BigPeBe :Just right now I'm cruising with pretty old hardware:
Motherboard: mATX AsRock K8UpgradeVM800
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ s754
Memory: 2x Kingston DDR400 1024Mb
Video Card: PowerColor X800 Pro 256 Mt
Two IDE HDD's (Maxtor 160 + 80) and two DVD stations.
As a steeringwheel, G25, of course.
Some 21" old Eizo Screen, huge machine what keeps me warm in winter.
Philips 5.1 audiosystem and Sennheiser HD 212Pro headphones. Some logitech microphone for teamspeak too, no need to write to the chatbox during racing you know.

It runs LFS pretty well 1600 x 1200 all settings full and AA 6x & AF 8x, no stuttering.

But, in next week I'm getting an new rig, AMD X2 4400+ and 8600GT 512Mb Overclocked editon etc... Can't really wait.

Today I got my new hardware and now this new rig is running up well.

Motherboard: mATX MSI K9VGM-V
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 4400+
Memory: 2x Mushkin DDR2 800 1024
Video Card: Club 3D 8600GT 512Mb Overclocked edition
Power: Xilece 420W

Seems pretty fast. Only bad thing I have already found, is that soundcard isn't that good in this MSI than AsRock had. AsRock had 6 channel audio, MSI has 8, but it doesn't have same amount of power, so I can't get anymore that bassy and groovy sound out of my Sennheisers.

TDU (don't diss me of playing that lol) runs very well with G25, full detail with HDR and 1280 x 1024 with 4x Anti-Aliasing.
Dell 1100 inspiron laptop, stock(exept a RAM transfer from a better laptop 256mb-1gb), xbox 360 controller.
Quote from BigPeBe :Only bad thing I have already found, is that soundcard isn't that good in this MSI than AsRock had. AsRock had 6 channel audio, MSI has 8, but it doesn't have same amount of power, so I can't get anymore that bassy and groovy sound out of my Sennheisers.

Sennheisers are awesome, I use their HD25's for DJ'ing and can't praise them enough. However if you want great sound maybe you should look beyond the onboard stuff and get yourself a decent Audigy card or similar. Even the older Audigy cards have good quality and are at bargain prices.
Just changed my old Zboard for a new G15, and got a Raptor Gaming P3 mousemat (as you may be able to tell I don't play LFS much any more, but a lot of FPS) :P
Quote from hardcoreobscure :Sennheisers are awesome, I use their HD25's for DJ'ing and can't praise them enough. However if you want great sound maybe you should look beyond the onboard stuff and get yourself a decent Audigy card or similar. Even the older Audigy cards have good quality and are at bargain prices.

Yep they're good. I myself have HD212 Pro headphones, very good ones for the amount of money. I have been thinking getting an onboard soundcard, just gotta save some money before.
I'm really tempted to try watercooling for my next PC, more for noise reasons than extreme overclocking (although I'd probably give that a go too )

I don't really trust myself to put together a water-system from buying my own water-blocks, radiator etc (although looking on various forums this is the 'proper' way to do it, and certainly the cheapest). Zalman do a very nice passive external radiator kit, the Reserator (and the XT version, with a large, quiet fan) which contains everything you need and is very tempting. The reviews I've read all say it's great.
i mainly play fps now, thats why i bought all my razer gear. the sound card and headset is excellent
My Rig is:

3dmark06 score: 12014
Mobo: eVGA 680i SLI LT
Processor: e6750 C2d 2.63ghz
Memory: 2 gigs Corsair XMS2
GFXcard: eVGA 8800gt SC'd edition
PSU: 0cz 600w Sli
HDD: WD 250gb

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG