The online racing simulator
Quote from Bose321 :You can't crossfire a 3470 with an onboard 3200?

Yes you can - it drops the power usage / noise when your not gaming as it just uses the onboard.

Something i'd like to do on mine - but the 4830 is "too good" to do it with
Oh, okay. I doubt you will get massive FPS with that though...
Quote from Jakg :Something i'd like to do on mine - but the 4830 is "too good" to do it with

Is power consumption an issue? Underclock it in 2d mode.
This is my setup. Just got the GPU the other day.

CPU: Inten Core i7 920 @ 3GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage II Extreme
RAM: Corsair Dominator 6gb
Case: Cooler Master Stacker nVidia edition
PSU: Cooler Master 850w Modular
Sound Card: Asus Supreme X-Fi
Storage: 1x Western Digital Black 1TB, !1x Western Digital 320GB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 300GB
GPU: eVGA GeForce GTX 275
Screen: Samsung 226BW 22" 2ms (1650x1080 )

Logitech G25
Logitech Z5500
Logitech Keyboard
Microsoft IntelliMouse 3.0
Steelpad XL
No money left for a graphics card?
uh oh. Time for new glasses Excuse me, haha.
I try to remember my own..

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core processor 4800+
Motherboard: Asus m2r32-mvp
RAM: Kingston 4gb (i think..)
Case: Nexus breeze + KAmaMeter 5" bay multi function controller on it
PSU: Nexus nx-5000 (500w)
Storage: Seagate 500gb + some 250gb
GPU: Ati club 3d HD3850 256mb x2 (crossfire)
Screen: Acer AL1714, so 17" (atleast seems like to reeding something like that )

wheel: Logitech G25
keyboard: Logitech g15
Mouse: Razer copperhead (blue)

I was thinking to change keyboard.. g15 is just way too big and ugly..
Quote from Tomson(FIN) :I try to remember my own..

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core processor 4800+
Motherboard: Asus m2r32-mvp
RAM: Kingston 4gb (i think..)
Case: Nexus breeze + KAmaMeter 5" bay multi function controller on it
PSU: Nexus nx-5000 (500w)
Storage: Seagate 500gb + some 250gb
GPU: Ati club 3d HD3850 256mb x2 (crossfire)
Screen: Acer AL1714, so 17" (atleast seems like to reeding something like that )

wheel: Logitech G25
keyboard: Logitech g15
Mouse: Razer copperhead (blue)

I was thinking to change keyboard.. g15 is just way too big and ugly..

First thing i would do more then anything it to get a much bigger monitor cause a 17ich is ultra low with the technology we have now.
Quote from Jakg :Yes you can - it drops the power usage / noise when your not gaming as it just uses the onboard.

Quote from Bose321 :Oh, okay. I doubt you will get massive FPS with that though...

Which is not the intention. If you'd read the spec I posted more closely, You'd understand that its a laptop. So having an onboard card for those tasks that don't require computing power of the gpu, saves me power/noise/heat and consequently battery life.
Quote from rc10racer :First thing i would do more then anything it to get a much bigger monitor cause a 17ich is ultra low with the technology we have now.

Yep, i was thinking to get that soon too, just some money issues Btw, what kind of monitor i should go to buy then? im "out of date" about this monitor stuffs right now.. what kind of size, resolution etc i should go to looking for? if i wanna get full potential from my gpu.
Samsung LED TV's Series 7. Smallest one is 30". Get that
Quote from Tomson(FIN) :Yep, i was thinking to get that soon too, just some money issues Btw, what kind of monitor i should go to buy then? im "out of date" about this monitor stuffs right now.. what kind of size, resolution etc i should go to looking for? if i wanna get full potential from my gpu.

22 or 23ich should be good for your system since at low resolution it's depending on the cpu more then the gpu, anything about 1680x1050 res or higher should do you fine.
Quote from rc10racer :22 or 23ich should be good for your system since at low resolution it's depending on the cpu more then the gpu, anything about 1680x1050 res or higher should do you fine.

hmm ok, thx Need to go look what kind of prices those monitors are today.. i remember that this monitor was way too expensive when i bought this.
You can get a 24" 1920x1200 monitor from Samsung for around 250€, the 1680x1050 223/226BW 22" for even less.
Quote from Fuse5 :You can get a 24" 1920x1200 monitor from Samsung for around 250€, the 1680x1050 223/226BW 22" for even less.

If i would buy something, it would be Asus or benQ. Prices are good with those.. just seems like that benQ got only TFT monitors, or im missing something.. i was thinking to get LCD, that i can watch it from different angles without losing colours/contrast.. at least i got that kind of idea that LCD seems to work with different angles. So Asus might be the right choise for me.
Quote from Stiggie :intel core 2 quad Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
2GB Ram
XFX Gefore 8600GT 512 MB
Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-1]
450 GB total space
Microsoft windows xp media center ed.
350W PSU

22'' Screen
Thrusmaster Rally GT Pro FFB - 3 Pedals (Broken, sent back to the store for a new one)

And i'm still not satisfied, not quick enough!

I've added a bunch of new goodies: XFX GTX 260 896MB, G25, Coolermaster M600, logitech Z4, and a new seat! The seat from the picture started squeeking after a few months.. Don't know what caused it, fapping?
Quote from Stiggie :I've added a bunch of new goodies: XFX GTX 260 896MB, G25, Coolermaster M600, logitech Z4, and a new seat! The seat from the picture started squeeking after a few months.. Don't know what caused it, fapping?

Haha, funny because recently mine started squeeking too. Fapping is a good reason lmao.
Quote from anbiddulph :back to rigs:

New parts:

Intel E8400 3ghz (no overclock)
ATI Radeon HD 4650 512mb
4 GB ram (2X2GB)
Gigabite Motherboard (dunno which 1)

Origional parts (~7 years old!)
some old 80GB hard drive
HP Pavilion t250 case :P

just a small update from this rig, changed the 80GB IDE hard drive for a 500GB SATA hard drive, speed difference is impressive, over 3 times quicker!
left = new, right = old.
Attached images
Bench SATA.JPG
Taken from xfire:

Manufacturer: me
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 2.0 GB PC2-6400 (DDR2)
Hard Drive: 750GB internal 320GB WD my passport
Video Card: Sparkle GTX 260+ 1792MB
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2235wm
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Extremegamer Fatal1ty Pro
Speakers/Headphones: Logitech G51
Keyboard: Zboard Merc
Mouse: Logitech G9
Operating System: Windows XP SP3
Motherboard: Asus M2N-SLI
Computer Case: Antec Nine Hundred Two
Power Supply:
Antec TPQ 1000W PSU
Wheel: Logitech G25

Also, if I'm running a 32 bit version of XP am I able to add another 1GB of RAM without that bs memory limitation, or does it count total memory for everything (ie sound card has 64mb, bios is 2mb etc)?
Quote from c00kie :Taken from xfire:

Manufacturer: me
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 2.0 GB PC2-6400 (DDR2)
Hard Drive: 750GB internal 320GB WD my passport
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2235wm
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Extremegamer Fatal1ty Pro
Speakers/Headphones: Logitech G51
Keyboard: Zboard Merc
Mouse: Logitech G9
Operating System: Windows XP SP3
Motherboard: Asus M2N-SLI
Computer Case: Antec Nine Hundred Two
Power Supply:
Antec TPQ 1000W PSU
Wheel: Logitech G25

Also, if I'm running a 32 bit version of XP am I able to add another 1GB of RAM without that bs memory limitation, or does it count total memory for everything (ie sound card has 64mb, bios is 2mb etc)?

i dont think so, i have 4gb of ram and it limmits it to 3326mb, so im sure you would be able to use your 3GB
Quote from c00kie :Memory: 2.0 GB PC2-6400 (DDR2)

Quote from anbiddulph :i dont think so, i have 4gb of ram and it limmits it to 3326mb, so im sure you would be able to use your 3GB

The 4GB limitation includes (among other things) the physical RAM and the video card memory. In this case there's 2GB of physical RAM and 1.75GB of video card memory, so there's not a lot of headroom for adding another stick of RAM. The question I would have asked was is it worth buying that video card with 1.75GB of memory? How does it compare to the 892MB version (and does having the 892MB version + an extra 1GB of physical RAM give more performance than the 1792MB version on its own?)?
I bought the one with extra memory because I play mainly games like GTA IV and Far Cry 2. Those sorts of games I thought would use a whole bunch more memory than any other game, GTA IV proved it, but no other game is yet to use more than 900mb video memory.

GTA IV on maximum settings for me uses about 1592mb of that 1792, so it was sort of worthwhile, I just need 64 bit and then I can go mad with memory. Also GTA IV I think is fine, never goes over the limit of my 2GB, it's pretty close though, most of the time in game it gets to about 1930-1970MB memory usage, so I still have another 70 or so left.

Anyway I thought that's how the memory limitation worked, Someone told me it only counted system memory, but I told him that it counted all memory in the computer.
Attached images
my_setup.JPG
My word. That is a big .... cat

=)

Really good screen placement. Makes the virtual wheel redundant

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG