The online racing simulator
CPU: E8200, 7*500@1,2V + Thermalright HR01 Plus
MB: Asus P5K Pro
VGA: Gainward Bliss 7900GT Golden Sample 512MB
RAM: Geil Ultra 2*1GB 1066Mhz
Sound: Creative X-Fi Fatality + Sennheiser HD485/HD515, Klipsch Promedia 5.1 + Onkyo TX-SR501E
PSU: Enermax EG-465AX-VE (oldest part in pc, around 3 years old)
HDD: 4x200GB Seagate SATA, 2*120GB Samsung SATA, 160GB Seagate PATA, 60GB Seagate PATA
CASE: Antec P182 Gun Metal Black
DVDRW: NEC AD-7203A
Monitor: LG 26LZ5RV 26'' LCDTV
Mouse/Kb: Logitech MX1000, Logitech Internet Navigator
Wheel: Logitech G25

Finally, LFS runs fine with full grid, getting around 80 fps at start with maxed out graphics with AA and AF. Only strange thing is the FPS limitation. Its limited to 254/258, but simetimes it goes over that, to 300-330, but then jumps back to 254/258. Anyone else noticed it?
http://photos-466.ll.facebook. ... 9315466_45900602_9730.jpg (sorry bout the bad quality on this one. Thats CPU left. HD right. Idle temps.)
http://photos-466.ll.facebook. ... 9315466_45900603_9958.jpg
http://photos-466.ll.facebook. ... n9315466_45900604_198.jpg
http://photos-466.ll.facebook. ... 9315466_45900714_8077.jpg

Gigabyte Mobo GA-M57SLI-S4
AMD 64 X2 6000+
XFX 8600GT
3 gigs generic RAM (A-data and Kingston combo)
Westinghouse 37" 1080p
Yamaha stereo reciever
Paradigm surround sound
And a round plastic thing with Momo printed on it.
This is my new rig. I would call it humble and perhaps a little understated, but it runs games damn fast.
  • CPU - Intel E8200DualCore
  • Mobo - GigabyteEP35-DS3P
  • RAM - GeilPC-6400 2GbRAM
  • Disk - 320GbSamsung7200rpmSATA-II
  • Monitor - Viewsonic22"Wide-ScreenLCD
  • Video - eVGAnVidia8800GT512mbPCI-Ex16
  • Case - AntecAtlas
Attached images
rig.JPG
Nice Rig, and i LOVE that background! (did you make that render?)
Thats from LineR32
Quote from Jakg :Thats from LineR32

Corrrect. You'll find it in the 3D renders thread.
Curious about my next build...is it true an aftermarket cooler will let an 8800GT hit 740~ core and 2000+ on the memory? I read a few reviews for the Accelero S1 from Arctic Cooling. It seemed quite promising, think It'd be worth the $35 ontop of the build? or would the overclocking not be worth the money?
~Bryan~
2000 on the memory is dangerous - the 8800GTs ringbus is NOT rated for 2,000 MHz, and while nVidia tried to overclock the memory that high (for ultra overclocked versions) they found the chips kept burning out.
Quote from PAracer :
http://photos-466.ll.facebook. ... 9315466_45900603_9958.jpg

Wow..you have bad eye's or something to need that big of a screen that close to your face? lol

My new updated system specs

CPU: Intel Pentium 4
Mobo: Asus
Memory: Kingston DDR2 2GB (2 x 1GB)
Graphics: GeForce 8600GT 256 MB
PSU: Coolmax 500watt
Storage: 150gb
Case: Stock HP case
Quote from scoobyrbac :Wow..you have bad eye's or something to need that big of a screen that close to your face? lol

Well, you are correct. My eyes suck.

The real reason is so that I have a nice, wide field of view for LFS. Also, the keyboard and mouse are wireless so I can surf from the couch.
Almost getting my new system... I should be happy now (afterall, my dad promised me to buy it) So it's almost here.

Intel C2D E6750 2,66
Asus P5k Premium/ Wifi-ap
Maxtor 500gb Diamond max/ Sata
4gb of Geil will be only using 3gb.
Thermaltake Thoughpower 750watt
Soprano case
Asus 8800GT 512mb/ for the second time (will be running SLI)
and Aopen dvd-rewriter/ Sata

costed my dad around 960 euro's, but I already had a 8800GT before.

Any Ideas witch Screen I should buy?
Quote from dropin_biking :Curious about my next build...is it true an aftermarket cooler will let an 8800GT hit 740~ core and 2000+ on the memory? I read a few reviews for the Accelero S1 from Arctic Cooling. It seemed quite promising, think It'd be worth the $35 ontop of the build? or would the overclocking not be worth the money?
~Bryan~

If you want extra cooling on an 8800GT, you'd be better off with an 8800GTS 512. The extra $40 or so for a cooler for an 8800GT would equal the price out with the GTS in most cases.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :

You plan to run SLI on P5K? Good luck with that
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Almost getting my new system... I should be happy now (afterall, my dad promised me to buy it) So it's almost here.

Intel C2D E6750 2,66
Maxtor 500gb Diamond max/ Sata
4gb of Geil will be only using 3gb.
Thermaltake Thoughpower 750watt
Soprano case
and Aopen dvd-rewriter/ Sata

costed my dad around 960 euro's, but I already had a 8800GT before.

Any Ideas witch Screen I should buy?

Yeah, you can't run SLI on an Asus P5K. For SLI you need an SLI compatible motherboard, with an Nvidia Chipset.

If you really want SLI the new 780i chipset boards support it and are good boards.

Also, I had that case for a while and Its a decent case, but I really recommend the Coolermaster CM690 - Its a big step up for me and it actually costs less. Its got a bottom-mounted PSU slot (great for messy wires) and is generally a very tidy and cool case. I've not once yet felt warm air being blown out the back, its always cool.
Quote from mcintyrej :Yeah, you can't run SLI on an Asus P5K. For SLI you need an SLI compatible motherboard, with an Nvidia Chipset.

If you really want SLI the new 780i chipset boards support it and are good boards.

Also, I had that case for a while and Its a decent case, but I really recommend the Coolermaster CM690 - Its a big step up for me and it actually costs less. Its got a bottom-mounted PSU slot (great for messy wires) and is generally a very tidy and cool case. I've not once yet felt warm air being blown out the back, its always cool.

Crap... got 2 8800gt's in 2 weeks... Think I'm too late

So whitch board can run it on SLI?
I'm going to replace the board with a different one.
asus p5n-e SLi
w8, i dont get it, asus p5k-e wifi-ap has 2 pci-e 16x slots, so why cant it run sli video cards ? o_0 about the cooler master CM690 have to agree, probably best price/performance case altough i was looking at the p182 of antec, the cm690 is gorgeous too.. maybe a bit on the loud side... but hey, its really cool
nVidia license SLi technology out (to make cash on each mobo sold with SLi) - the Intel P35 chipset wasn't designed with SLi in mind (although Intel engineers claim SLi would work fine if they could license SLi technology), so only some mobo's have it.

IIRC no non-nVidia chipset for AMD has SLi (except Intel's Skulltrail).
Quote from evilgenius :w8, i dont get it, asus p5k-e wifi-ap has 2 pci-e 16x slots, so why cant it run sli video cards ? o_0 about the cooler master CM690 have to agree, probably best price/performance case altough i was looking at the p182 of antec, the cm690 is gorgeous too.. maybe a bit on the loud side... but hey, its really cool

2 slots doesn't mean it can do SLI. 2 slots usually means Crossfire, which the technology is open to most motherboard brands (from ATI).

SLI Is an Nvidia-only technology, Nvidia are greedy so they won't let Intel have the SLI technology, meaning your motherboard is either an Intel Chipset, or Nvidia (which allows SLI).
i bought a evga 780i board so i could sli and now it seems like a waste of time as the new nvidia cards are coming out soon which have dual gpu's anyway, so im going to wait for those

Edited to add : what about the intel 975x chipset can that run sli and cross fire?
Quote from andybarsblade :i bought a evga 780i board so i could sli and now it seems like a waste of time as the new nvidia cards are coming out soon which have dual gpu's anyway, so im going to wait for those

The problem with SLi and Crossfire, is that it's useless for people who buy it with the intention to add another card "down the road." By the time that happens, you can get a different card for the same price that would be just as fast as two of the same cards. It's only really useful for people who buy the two latest and greatest cards right from the start.
Don't get me wrong though, I will always get a mobo that supports either one or the other just in case - but I doubt I'll ever use it.
Quote from andybarsblade :Edited to add : what about the intel 975x chipset can that run sli and cross fire?

only via Hacked Drivers
Quote from Jakg :only via Hacked Drivers

on abits site they advertise that their AW9D-max board can support both

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG