The online racing simulator
is that inside the case or outside? its on the back right? if it helps i have a studio 546, those are all similar
Quote from logitekg25 :is that inside the case or outside? its on the back right? if it helps i have a studio 546, those are all similar

The power supply is the box in the top left of the inside of the case with all the wires coming out of it. The sticker with details should be the one to the left of the big yellow sticker on the PSU.

edit: Look at this pic you posted before to see what label I'm talking about.
its inside the case, so if i get to it i will lose you....i think i will just try my luck and try to find where it will go...what am i looking for or what may it look like, there are pictures above
Quote from logitekg25 :its inside the case, so if i get to it i will lose you....i think i will just try my luck and try to find where it will go...what am i looking for or what may it look like, there are pictures above

I edited my post above to help you find the sticker.
ahh, ok i see....where exactly would the plug be? cause if i take it apart again, it will hopefully be the time that i finish it off
Quote from logitekg25 :ahh, ok i see....where exactly would the plug be? cause if i take it apart again, it will hopefully be the time that i finish it off

The actual PCI-e connector would be on one of the cables coming out of the power supply (where all the red, yellow, black etc cables are coming from). If you open your case and can't find a 6 or 8 pin connector (like those posted above) note down the make and model of the power supply and post it here.
ya, i think i saw that...i thought it was for something else

im just wondering if i plug it in to a cable that it fits in, but it is also a cable that needs electricity and does not give electricity....now to htink about it, that makes no sense at all
sorry for double post

alright. i found a plug in my system very deep into it, looks like they diddnt want it found. it is the exact same plug that my card came with for the power, that i plug into the back, but in the bottom center, it has a conductor point, that my other plug doesnt have...it can also just barely reach, it was in a knot and i had to untie it, so it could reach. does this sound like the plug i need

see the picture, the one on the bottom that i am holding is the one that the card came with

EDIT: i think i am just going to plug it in and hope for the best

whats the worst that can happen (famous last words )
Attached images
1230091423.jpg
Processor: Phenom II X4 940 6 MB
Videocard: nVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512mb Inno3D
Memory: Kingston HyperX 2x2GB 800 MHz
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 250gb
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster T220 22" or/and Samsung LE40A866S1 TV
Wheel: Logitech G25

I mainly uses the seat for GT5, but it is hooked up to my pc for LFS.

Homebuilt btw.
Quote from logitekg25 :see the picture, the one on the bottom that i am holding is the one that the card came with

Looks to be the right one. The plugs are designed so that they only fit in to the right place anyway.
few....so glad i checked here one last time....lets go turn it on, the reason i was wondering is mainly because it was so far hidden, and it barely reaches
After 5 years, I finally bought a new rig:
CPU: Intel core i5 2.67GHz @ 3.8GHz (Noctua NH-U12P)
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR3 2x2GB 1600MHz
MB: GIGABYTE P55-UD3
GPU: ATi Sapphire 4890 1GB
PSU: Corsair 620W
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB
CASE: Coolermaster Elite 330 + fan
got it working

alright, when i first did everything, i pressed the power button, and it sounded on, but it would not show anything, a few on and off later, i called the Dell guy, he said try to turn it on again, and it worked

so then i installed new drivers, and it had to be rebooted, same problem, about my 12 try it turned on again, what could the problem be
sorry for double post again

i want this to be seen in subscribed threads even if they already seen my last post.

i tried out lfs, got all my graphics maxxed out. its beautiful. but every few seconds my screen at the bottom flickres, and horizotal stripes and stuff, and sometimes the whole screen. my aspect ratio is also messed up, lfs thinks i have a widescreen tv, so it is showing me a widescreen picture. i have a resolution of 1360x768 which is kinda widescreen if that makes sense

this happened before and after about a week it fixed itself (i dontt wanna wait a week or longer :shrug
Have you downloaded the latest drivers from http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx ?

Also in the Catalyst Control Center if you configure your monitor there are some options which can be changed for aspect ratio - related issues.(Configure found in Desktop and Displays -> right click monitor in use -> Configure.)

Goodluck
Quote from samforey12345 :Have you downloaded the latest drivers from http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx ?

Also in the Catalyst Control Center if you configure your monitor there are some options which can be changed for aspect ratio - related issues.(Configure found in Desktop and Displays -> right click monitor in use -> Configure.)

Goodluck

its not there all that i have is properties that would have to do with it, and its not in there
Quote from logitekg25 :its not there all that i have is properties that would have to do with it, and its not in there

Download latest drivers from said website then? I have the 5800 series card with none of those problems so i'm pretty sure it's driver related issue
k trying it now

EDIT: not there still
Quote from logitekg25 :k trying it now

EDIT: not there still

Hmm so the games still don't work properly.........?

Not a clue mate, sorry. Unless you go into the monitors actual inbuilt options (like you click a menu button or something?). And find something to do with aspect ratios? I dunno really mate sorry.
the drivers fixed the line problem, and all that, but the aspect ratio is still there....and i will prob just wait for it to fix itself
Quote from logitekg25 :the drivers fixed the line problem, and all that, but the aspect ratio is still there....and i will prob just wait for it to fix itself

Ahh alright.
Glad i could help you a bit though mate.
yep

just trying to remember how i fixed it last time.....not sure if it did just go away
Quote from FlonZ :Processor: Phenom II X4 940 6 MB
Videocard: nVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512mb Inno3D
Memory: Kingston HyperX 2x2GB 800 MHz
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 250gb
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster T220 22" or/and Samsung LE40A866S1 TV
Wheel: Logitech G25

I mainly uses the seat for GT5, but it is hooked up to my pc for LFS.

Homebuilt btw.

Oh man I'm jealous! hopefully when I've completed my engineering class I'll be able to make a good stand for my wheel
Great work!
Processor: Athlon II X2 245, ~2.9Ghz
Videocard: nVIDIA GeForce 7025(integrated) I`m going to change that pretty soon
Memory: Kingston 2GB 800 MHz
HDD: WD Caviar 160GB
Monitor: Philips Brilliance 190CW 19''
Wheel: Logitech Dual Action(gamepad)

I just bought the rig 4 days ago...that`s why I still have the onboard VGA
XP SP2? meh

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG