The online racing simulator
Quote from Bose321 :Lol, it has something cool, but why would you want that?

the lighting? i was bored
Can't you put in some pink neon's?
Mines still the same setup pretty much, apart from a flat moniter and different speakers now.

P4 2.53 ghz, Gigabyte GA-8simlnf mobo, 1gb ram (mobo maximum) ATI HD2600 pro 512mb(agp) gfx card, 2x pioneer dvr116d dvd drives, asus vento case, saitek r220 wheel and pedals, labtec spin 55 speakers, and a proview cy565 TFT moniter, but it is tiny, max res it can do is 1024x768

I also forgot to add, i have added extra fans in the case too, 2 on the back of the PC below the psu where the spaces for them are, plus one on the left side of the case, all of which are fans i butchered from old PSU's i had lying around, so its nice and cool.

But i also have been given a free spare PC with all the bits, which is where the moniter and speakers came from, but its.... exactly the fooking same specs as the one i already have pretty much, except it has an MSI MS-6533/G motherboard, which allows upto 2gb of ram as opposed to the max 1gb of the existing gigabyte board, plus this MSI board is overclockable!!

But don't worry, if i cook the CPU (unlikely, as i have never fried any hardware overclocking in the past) then i have an identical one on the other mobo, so it won't matter!
here is;

Motherboard: Gigabyte P35 - DS4 Ultra Durable 2;
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4870x2 2GB @ 990Mhz/4800Mhz;
Processor: INTEL Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83Ghz @ 3.80 Ghz;
Memory: 4096MB RAM G.Skill 1066Mhz @ 4-4-4-12;
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 320 GB 32MB;
Monitors: Iiyama Prolite 24 pouces 1920*1200
+ Dell 19 pouces 1280*1024;

Wheel: Logitech G25 Racing Wheel (modified by me)
Keyboard: Logitech Keyboard Gaming;
Mouse: Logitech G9 Laser Mouse Gaming;
Mouse Surface: Nova Winner 3 (Micro Fiber);
Speakers/Headphones: Logitech;
Attached images
NO_Flash.jpg
YES_Flash.jpg
I am thjinking about getting a q9550 and selling my e8400.. dunnno if it's worth it.

Quote from Gabkicks : I am thjinking about getting a q9550 and selling my e8400.. dunnno if it's worth it.

Game included or wut.

Oh, and what a mess with wires :O
it comes w/ steam unlock for dirt 2, but dirt 2 doesnt come out till december. its bigger than the 4850 i had before and so i had to just quickly move the wires around to get the 5850 to fit.

Now if only LFS had graphics on the level of NFS Shift.
Yeah it's quit damn big. I'm waiting for prices to drop, or for the 5870x2.

I also add some news fans and a fan controller to my case. I'll take some pics soon.
Well, today my cockpit was finished ....

Made out of PVC a little Ply Wood and a Racing Seat....

Ill go into more detail later but Im busy driving the S*** out of it.

Attached images
2vil4c3.jpg
2lc7c61.jpg
2s92d0z.jpg
345it08.jpg
Intel Core2Duo @ 2.93GHz
4GB Kingston RAM (DDR3)
Nvidia GeForce 9800GT

I'll get pictures of it all set up later,
Quote from 5-6-ACE :Well, today my cockpit was finished

How can you even see the screen! You are like 12ft away..
Quote from AjRose :How can you even see the screen! You are like 12ft away..

lol I know...Its not perm yet...I was just really eager to get it set up...Im moving it closer later..
Quote from AjRose :How can you even see the screen! You are like 12ft away..

Depends how big your feet are.
Hello. I will not post my "LFS" rig, cause its very weak.
I wanted to ask, what makes the performance and FPS for LFS bigger?

My motherboard is kind of old, and i cant get a new processor in it, so
i the only thing i can upgrade is to get more rams.

My current PC has 512 DDR400 MB of RAM, if i would upgrade it to 2GB
of RAM how would it affect LFS?

Thank you for your answers.
Can anyone answer my question?
Quote from D.Navickas :Hello. I will not post my "LFS" rig, cause its very weak.

My current PC has 512 DDR400 MB of RAM

Don't expect an answer that fast. And yes, you will notice it. Your PC has more RAM left, so should run faster. Also speed matters. But if you stick 20GB ram in it, and you only use 2GB, that would be useless, so if you don't use near what you now have, it won't make sense, but 512 is easily used, so I'd say you would notice some difference yes.
Without knowing the rest of your specs it's hard to say - in Windows you'd notice a difference but for gaming I doubt the improvement would be worth the cost.
Quote from Jakg :Without knowing the rest of your specs it's hard to say - in Windows you'd notice a difference but for gaming I doubt the improvement would be worth the cost.

Well, when I upgraded from 2GB to 3GB on my old rig, I already noticed quite a FPS inprovement, so from 512MB to 2GB would be quite good IMO.
For SupCom or something maybe, for LFS, which uses less than 200 mb of RAM (blatant geuss!) I doubt it.
Yeah 200mb is a good guess, but also other applications, and windows use some, so getting to 512 is quite easy then. And anyways, with more ram, you can do more, so play games, and run background application even fast(er).
My CPU is : Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHZ
Video card : GeForce FX5200 128MB 64bit
Motherboard : ASRock P4i65G Socket 478
RAM : 2X256 DDR400 MB of RAM

When i try to put amm lets say a full grid of cars that would be 12
i cant drive while i have those cars in front, it lags like hell and i suspect
RAM's doesnt have much difference on th game, the processor does and maybe the video card.
So what possible upgrades can i do on my computer to run a full grid of cars without laging?

P.S. i checked that there isnt any possible better CPU's for this motherboard
Buy a new one, frankly - you have no other choice.
Yeah that is what i've been thinking for awhile but too bad i aint got no money for a new pc, all i've got is to buy S2 license and poorly get some RAM's. ahh well ...
My rig is now:
Intel i7 920 + Dark Knight| ASRock X58 Extreme | OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 1600ram | Sapphire HD 5850 |
640gig+250gig WD 7200rpm sata | COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 | 550watt Cooler Master psu |Samsung T220 monitor
CreAtive X-Fi XtremeMusic | Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel
OCZ Eclipse Mouse, OCZ Elixier keyboard, Logitech x-240 speakers.

Now I'm just waiting for Scavier to announce that LFS has been upgraded to take advantage of directx 11

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG