The online racing simulator
I don't get why people put their PC's on the table - some PC's (like the ones above!) look awesome (i'd just put mine in the "not ugly" category) - but I'd still rather have my desk for useful stuff, not stuff that could be hidden underneath with impunity...
Mainly due to dust, my 600T was full of this microscopic fine dust after it was on the floor for half a year. It had just gone straight through the filters.
^this.

I had my PC on a table for a while but had to move it down on the floor again due to some changes in the layout of my room.

My PC is the biggest dust collector I've seen. Especially with 100 fans and no dust filter. Especially on my room, which is prone to dust, with a carpet and all... Yeah.. I wanna put mine somewhere high again...
what i dont get is why people put windows in their pcs its so unbelievably garish
Because some of us like how they look. It's nice to be able to see those thousands of euros poured in to the rig, and the hours spent cable managing everything to be tidy. It's not without reason that most components are also made to look nice these days, Titan is a good example. Window is also useful to see if the water cooling loop starts to leak, can possibly prevent a larger disaster from happening as you can act on it quicker rather than letting it slowly leak all over the GPU and PSU.

The simple fact that 350D windowed model outsold the solid panel one 9-1 according to Corsair says a lot, that's why they didn't even bother making a solid panel version of this 750D. Of course, if anyone is neckbearded elitist enough, they can always buy a second solid panel separate just to hide everything away.
Need better pics... but anyway..

Added two more Western Digital Black series 1TB SATA6 drives, and another mobo controlled cpu cooler fan for a push/pull setup and snapped a few pics.

When it is powered on, there are two 140mm fans in front, 2 140mm fans on top, and one 140mm fan in the back that are all mobo controlled or knob controlled, and they light up a deep blue and shine through the top and front mesh. I like it. Need to get some higher quality pics. And yes I have a window on the side (a sideways "V" shape) and yes I think it looks cool, and no I don't think it looks "garish" and no I don't care what anyone else thinks.. LOL
  • CPU - AMD FX 8150 Zambezi @ 4.2ghz (3.9ghz x 8 cores)

• RAM - 16GB (4 x 4GB) G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1866

• GFX cards - GIGABYTE Windforce "GV-N670OC-2GD" GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR (x2 SLI)

• Mobo - ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX UEFI BIOS

• PSU - Thermaltake Black Widow W0319RU 850W ATX 12V v2.3, EPS 12V v2.91 CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE

• CPU cooler - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler

• Storage - Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive (x3)

• CASE - Rosewill BLACKHAWK Gaming ATX Mid Tower

• Display - 52" SHARP Aquos
Quote from Matrixi :Because some of us like how they look.

some also like weaing large wall clocks round their necks or golden phones
soemthign being common doesnt make any of it any less of a faux pas
Quote from Shotglass :some also like weaing large wall clocks round their necks or golden phones

So basically: "STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE!"

@BWX232 Cool rig, not a fan of the FX architecture myself but it looks good. You could try routing that 8-pin CPU power cable between the motherboard and the graphics cards to hide it a littlebit better.
Quote from Shotglass :some also like weaing large wall clocks round their necks or golden phones

why do you have avatar in this forum? if you have a desktop wallpaper, why? for that matter, why do you like anything? continue living your miserable life disliking everything
Quote from Matrixi :So basically: "STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE!"

logic?
there is such a thing as objectively good and bad taste
and windowed cases are most definitely on the bad end of the spectrum

Quote from Torolol :why do you have avatar in this forum? if you have a desktop wallpaper, why? for that matter, why do you like anything? continue living your miserable life disliking everything

why dont you use your real account? oh right you got banned for being a twat
My point was, what is your taste isn't necessarily everyone elses. Live and let live.

In the end, I might even go with a solid side panel as that allows fitting sound dampening material - doesn't change my opinion that window looks nicer.
Quote from Shotglass :logic?
there is such a thing as objectively good and bad taste
and windowed cases are most definitely on the bad end of the spectrum

You're so unbelievably stereotypically German.
Quote from Matrixi :My point was, what is your taste isn't necessarily everyone elses. Live and let live.

again my taste doesnt factor into this
being tacky and chintzi is a universal property irrespective of my tastes
Quote from Shotglass :again my taste doesnt factor into this

It does, actually. All you're doing regarding this matter, is exersizing your elitist attitude.

You've been given reasons why a window is useful, including seeing watercooling leaks, yet you ignore them and stick with the "NEIN NEIN NEIN WINDOW IS BAD TASTE AND THEY SHOULD NOT EXIST!"-stance.

As it's meaningless to continue this charade, I've better things to do than waste time arguing with uptight and overserious people.
I put dynamat type stuff for car audio installation in strips along the inside of the metal part of my case, even on the window panel, just not directly on the window obviously, and it works great. You don't need sheets of the stuff, just a few strips here and there actually helps a lot.

Quote from Matrixi :"NEIN NEIN NEIN WINDOW IS BAD TASTE AND THEY SHOULD NOT EXIST!"

very mature of you

Quote from BWX232 :Wait, if you didn't, that would make you a hypocrite. An annoying, pompous, arrogant hypocrite.

feeling the need to go ad hominem after i "insulted" your bad taste? youve lost the argument
Quote from Shotglass :very mature of you

If that's a remark regarding what I think it is, you're reading in to my post with a completely different meaning than what it is.
Quote from Shotglass :feeling the need to go ad hominem after i "insulted" your bad taste? youve lost the argument

Actually he pretty much won it, atleast he had a point which you have yet to come up with
I wish my HAF932 had a glass window that large. I really feel tempted to buy a new case now.
Quote from Matrixi :If that's a remark regarding what I think it is, you're reading in to my post with a completely different meaning than what it is.

thats so vague and noncommittal i have no idea what youre trying to say

however there really is only one way to interpret your mixture of german, all caps and "they should not exist"; doubly so when youre using it against a german to discredit him

on the plus side its in such unspeakably bad taste that it makes your noveau riche tastes in computer cases pale in comparison
*Shakes head*

You're incredible. Joking about genocide is where I draw the line. The fact that you even jumped in to that propostrous conclusion says a lot.
the fact that you think theres any other interpretation shows that you know **** all about the german psyche

and youve already shit the bed as hard as humanly possible with that post of yours its too late to try to turn this around and try to paint me as the bad guy
Quote from Shotglass :very mature of you

feeling the need to go ad hominem after i "insulted" your bad taste? youve lost the argument

You must not be able to comprehend the word "if".
Quote from Shotglass :the fact that you think theres any other interpretation shows that you know **** all about the german psyche

and youve already shit the bed as hard as humanly possible with that post of yours its too late to try to turn this around and try to paint me as the bad guy

You did make me wonder did all germans take my post in such a way, so I showed this thread to four of my german friends and asked for their opinion. None of them read it with any secret racist meaning in it until your post. Due to the seriousness of the matter at hand, I will however apologize if that's how you (or any other offended germans) honestly took my post, because that is not what I intended to mean with it at all.

Looking back, this whole taste "argument" is pretty comical come to think of it.

If it makes someone smile that they have a windowed PC case, if it makes someone smile to wear large clocks or use golden phones, what is it to you? Why do you care? Why does it personally bother you? Do you not want other people to be happy, regardless of their arguable "taste"? Should everyone on the planet only follow the righteous taste of Shotglass and nothing else, even if it makes them miserable? Do you not have better things to do with your life, than sit around lamenting what other people wear and do?

Or could it just be that you're picking a pointless forum fight? I believe they call people like that trolls.

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG