The online racing simulator
Quote from 65D :I knew but I was just like joking.

Most flight simmers fly Commercial air craft, I find it boring though, then you get these idiots landing a 747 at St. Barths or something retarded.

Kai Tak, Princess Juliana are popular airports too, it's just kinda boring, everyone seems to do the same shit on FS.
Hard disk: Seagate 320 GB
Video Card: nVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Procesor: DualCore Intel Pentium D 930, 3000 MHz (15 x 200) /Gonna update it soon/
Motherboard: Epox EP-5LDA+ GLI
RAM: SuperTalent 2GB
Case: None
Monitor: LG W2453TQ / 24` FULL HD
Mouse: Razer DiamondBlack 3G
Wheel: Logitech G27
Sound: SilverCrest and Panasonic

PS: Dont laf about my computer Its temporary

At least you know the CPU is around ambient tempereature :P LOL
Quote from BlueFlame :Most flight simmers fly Commercial air craft, I find it boring though, then you get these idiots landing a 747 at St. Barths or something retarded.

Kai Tak, Princess Juliana are popular airports too, it's just kinda boring, everyone seems to do the same shit on FS.

me and franky500 used to go hurricane hunting (during hurricane season of course). there's something special about seeing a Cessna taking of vertically (60mph head winds) and taking over 10 minutes to fly the length of the runway lol. good times.
Quote from BOSCHO :Hard disk: Seagate 320 GB
Video Card: nVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Procesor: DualCore Intel Pentium D 930, 3000 MHz (15 x 200) /Gonna update it soon/
Motherboard: Epox EP-5LDA+ GLI
RAM: SuperTalent 2GB
Case: None
Monitor: LG W2453TQ / 24` FULL HD
Mouse: Razer DiamondBlack 3G
Wheel: Logitech G27
Sound: SilverCrest and Panasonic

PS: Dont laf about my computer Its temporary

how does that work put with KB under the wheel like that? i guess its a pull out- it dont get in way of legs when u pull it out? i'm looking on a good way to make my desk set up work to where i dont have to move wheel to side when i wanna use the kb on other type of games. right now i have to move my whole chair to the right and use the other monitor but that getting tired some.

any sugestions?

http://i568.photobucket.com/al ... hoto0552.jpg?t=1296008371
Quote from fabiESCO :how does that work put with KB under the wheel like that? i guess its a pull out- it dont get in way of legs when u pull it out? i'm looking on a good way to make my desk set up work to where i dont have to move wheel to side when i wanna use the kb on other type of games. right now i have to move my whole chair to the right and use the other monitor but that getting tired some.

any sugestions?

http://i568.photobucket.com/al ... hoto0552.jpg?t=1296008371

Ya the keyboard and mouse are on a sliding thingy. If you pull it tho to the maximum it gets in way of your legs. You can glue 2 wood parts (red color) to hold the part where you gonna put your keyboard and mouse (blue color) Make railings for the sliding (yellow color) attached sample image
Attached images
Un4titled.jpg
Quote from BOSCHO :Ya the keyboard and mouse are on a sliding thingy. If you pull it tho to the maximum it gets in way of your legs. You can glue 2 wood parts (red color) to hold the part where you gonna put your keyboard and mouse (blue color) Make railings for the sliding (yellow color) attached sample image

ok thanks- just wanted to know if it gets in the way of the legs- if so wont work out as good since i also playing shooting/other games so it will be uncomfortable to have them in way of legs or be all squished when playing. hence less time playing do to lack of comfort playing.

thank you. first pic i saw with Kb under so very helpfull- i guess i need to find another way to do it. right now waht i did was center the chair/wheel and shifter to desk. whenever i play anyother games all i do is unscrew wheel and move it all the way to left. but being how lazy i am and dont wanna take time doing that wanted a simpler solution.

Thanks again your pic and info was helpfull. will post pics up once my computer gets back from accross the country(being upgraded) to see if anyone could i=help me find solution.
-
(TexasLTU) DELETED by TexasLTU
Mainboard : Asus P5KPL/EPU
Chipset : Intel G31/G33/G35
Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2666 MHz
Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Hard Disk : ST31500341AS (1500 GB)
Monitor Type : LG Electronics L1780Q - 17 inches (old ass )
Network Card : RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate Professional 6.01.7600 (x64)
Wheel: Logitech G25
Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech Keyboard and Logitech G3 mouse
Just finished building this up for sim racing. First new pc in almost a decade, so I was a bit indulgent. It was built with a lot of room for upgrades in mind as I would like to go 3 way SLI with 3 monitors in stereoscopic 3D at some point in the future - or perhaps one huge monitor if they make something bigger than 24" that's 3D capable.

Case: Cool master Haf 932
PSU: Corsair 1200w
CPU: Sandy Bridge i5 2500K with CPU cooler
GPU: 2x Asus GTX 470's in SLI
Mobo: Gigabyte UD7 (supports 3 way sli)
SSD: 60gb (Just for OS - boots nice and fast)
HDD: 1TG WD Caviar Black
Monitor: Acer 24" gd235hz 120hz 3D with nvidia 3D shutter glasses
RAM: 8GB G. Skill

Wheel: Fanatec GT3 RS
Shifter: Act Labs GPL
Pedals: DIY
Just picked up a cheap video card today, and i must say the difference between playing on a Laptop with just the bare minimum for LFS and switching to my desktop with a video card instead of on-board is so much better. Even though the video card only cost about 55CAD it makes the game so much better. Can't wait to mod my desktop more.
Quote from Feffe85 :Just needed to post an update.. AGAIN.. Yes, i know, expensive hobby :P

Logitech G19, G35 and Z-2300
Steelseries QcK mousepad
Zalman MFC-1 Plus Fan controller..

Well, as my birthday was the 24th i got a new toy..

Wacom Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch A5-size..
Wonderful thing to play with
Quote from Billeh :Little update for the £60 rig

Friend of mine gave me a asus ah4670 512ddr3 graphics card for a little boost over the geforce 7600gt .

The Q6600 core 2 quad is now sitting at 3ghz (9 x 334) stable at around 25oc idle, fan speed 1000rpm. I am pritty sure i will be able to get the Q6600 to 3.4ghz on air with the cooler i have maybe a little more but this will be tested later.

Next step is to get the ram up to 1066MHz.

Q6600 quad now @ 3.2ghz and ram at 1066mhz think i might try one more clock up on the cpu maybe try 3.4 or 3.5 just see whats stable
My improvised budget cockpit AND bicycle, made to be comfortable AND sporty at the same time.
Well, it's gonna have to do it unless I happen to find a freaking seat from an 80's road car, like most people here

And YES, the table with the keyboard, shifter and underlight is being held by a keyboard support (the kind of keyboard you would use to play at gigs). Works really nice but there's no footroom for heel-toeing.
Attached images
DSCF2782.JPG
DSCF2783.JPG
DSCF2784.JPG
DSCF2786.JPG
Quote from Senninha25 :My improvised budget cockpit AND bicycle, made to be comfortable AND sporty at the same time.
Well, it's gonna have to do it unless I happen to find a freaking seat from an 80's road car, like most people here

And YES, the table with the keyboard, shifter and underlight is being held by a keyboard support (the kind of keyboard you would use to play at gigs). Works really nice but there's no footroom for heel-toeing.

uhm...
Updated my rig:

Mainboard: Gigabyte-GA-MA770T-UD3P

CPU/Fan: Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition C3 Stepping @ 3,8GHZ with
Alpenföhn Gross Clockner

GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 5770 1GB OC

Memory: Geil 2x2GB DDR3 1333mhz Dual Channel + Mushkin 2GB DDR3 1333mhz

HDD: Samsung 640GB S-ATA2

PSU: Be Quiet 530W

Screen: LG Flatron L1953T

Keyboard: Saitek GK-200

Mouse: A4-Tech XL-750BF

Software: Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Sony Vegas 8/9/10, Adobe After Effects CS5, Photoshop CS5

I only use one screen when playing though.
Specs

Case: Corsair Graphite 600T Black

Mainboard: MSI P67A-GD65

CPU: Intel Core i7 Quad Processor i7-2600K Socket 1155

CPU Cooler: Corsair H50 Hydro Series

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 1GB PhysX CUDA

Memory: Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz 12GB CL9

HDD: Corsair SSD Force Series 2,5" 60GB
HDD: Western Digital Caviar® Green 2TB
HDD: Western Digital Caviar® Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair HX 850W PSU

Screen: Samsung 24" LED Syncmaster BX2431

Keyboard: Microsoft rt2300

Mouse: Logitech MX-518

Max Settings on lfs = 500fps max won't go higher.
Quote from Fors :Memory: Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz 12GB CL9

You could buy 16GB of non-gaming RAM for same price, getting more memory and higher performance. :|
Quote from E.Reiljans :You could buy 16GB of non-gaming RAM for same price, getting more memory and higher performance. :|

Not to forget those HDD's...
i agree. i have the same drive but in 1tb flavour. imo, it's a terrible drive for gaming. 5400RPM just can't cut it these days. so, now i use it for my music and backup images. a few seagate barracudas and you'll completely change the access speeds of your data hdds.
Quote from Bose321 :Not to forget those HDD's...

+1, Samsung HD204UI is almost 2 times faster while costing totally same.
Quote from dadge :a few seagate barracudas and you'll completely change the access speeds of your data hdds.

Or Samsung Spinpoints.
Quote from dadge :i agree. i have the same drive but in 1tb flavour. imo, it's a terrible drive for gaming. 5400RPM just can't cut it these days. so, now i use it for my music and backup images. a few seagate barracudas and you'll completely change the access speeds of your data hdds.

The 2TB Drives are only for storage of files.
The SSD Is my C: For os and games.

Iagree i could buy the Black or other 2tb drives, but they are fast enough for my usage.

As for the ram i don't see why i would change them out.

Only thing i want to upgrade is the GPU to a 6990 or 580/590

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG