Power Supply VTB 550W
Monitor Samsung 2043NWX
Wheel Logitech MOMO
OS Windows XP SP3 x86
CPU: AMD Athalon 64x2 5200+ ------ Hopefully soon to be AMD Phenom II 940
Motherboard: Asrock nForce740a
GPU: Club 3D Nvidia 9800GT 512MB
Memory: 2x2GB Crucial standard ram
Sound: Realtek hd audio (I wanna get a decent creative card sometime but this will do for now)
Moniter: Benq G2400W-Black
Wheel: Logitech G25
PSU EZcool 700W Tornado
Hard drive: 2X160GB unbranded
Keyboard: Cheapo unbranded keyboard (a new one)
Mouse: BTC wired optical mouse (basically a cheapo mouse)
Case: XION II XON-103 Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower
To all those who never had problems with ATi cards: have you tried Catalyst drivers in linux?

To Bose: a single 9800GT (mine card) can brute-force md5 hashes at speed of 220 millions of hashes per second (uses CUDA). Single Core i7 can brute-force md5 hashes at speed of 40 millions of hashes per second. ATi cards can't help brute-forcing at all. And that's very important for me.
Quote from Shadowww :To all those who never had problems with ATi cards: have you tried Catalyst drivers in linux?

To Bose: a single 9800GT (my card) can brute-force md5 hashes at speed of 220 millions of hashes per second (uses CUDA). Single Core i7 can brute-force md5 hashes at speed of 40 millions of hashes per second. ATi cards can't help brute-forcing at all. And that's very important for me.

And to be honest, that is the only reason why I should get a Nvidia. But I don't really seem to use it THAT much, so ATi ftw.
Quote from mclarenmatt :I have had both ATI and Nvidia graphic card's and had no problems with either.

At the moment I just feel ATI have better cards for the £, sure they are slightly slower than Nvidia but only by a few %!

I just hate onesidedism.

ATI may be slower than Nvidia by a few % but the Nvidia are only more expensive by a few % too.

I should like ATI because i use AMD but infact i would opt for the Nvidia every time just because i had an ATI(a few years back) and the equivalent Nvidia blew it out of the water.
but yeah, horses for courses and all that (each to their own)
Quote from dadge :ATI may be slower than Nvidia by a few % but they are only more expensive by a few % too.

I should like ATI because i use AMD but infact i would opt for the Nvidia every time just because i had an ATI(a few years back) and the equivalent Nvidia blew it out of the water.
but yeah, horses for courses and all that (each to their own)

How can it be the equivalent if it is 'way' faster? Btw, 2x 4850 beats 2x 9800
With hyperpi I got 42.968 on my CPU for 1M
Quote from Bose321 :no, in performance, smartass.

No it does not.
9800GTX+ is the one which costs same as HD4850, and it beats it.
Quote from Bose321 :How can it be the equivalent if it is 'way' faster? Btw, 2x 4850 beats 2x 9800

read my post again. i said i owned an ATI a few years back and the Nvidia of similar spec blew it out of the water.
you also said that the ATI is a few % cheaper than the Nvidia and i said that's because the Nvidia is a few % better. but i guess you did't see that part(which was the whole content of my post!!!)
Quote from dadge :read my post again. i said i owned an ATI a few years back and the Nvidia of similar spec blew it out of the water.
you also said that the ATI is a few % cheaper than the Nvidia and i said that's because the Nvidia is a few % better. but i guess you did't see that part(which was the whole content of my post!!!)

I didn't say it is cheaper.
oh dear. please re-read this page. do you even remember quoting me? were you following the same discussion?
mclarenmatt said "At the moment I just feel ATI have better cards for the £, sure they are slightly slower than Nvidia but only by a few %! "
to which i added "ATI may be slower than Nvidia by a few % but the Nvidia are only more expensive by a few % too."

you then completely ignore the rest of my post where i said "i had an ATI(a few years back) and the equivalent Nvidia blew it out of the water."
and you went on to say "How can it be the equivalent if it is 'way' faster? Btw, 2x 4850 beats 2x 9800". did i even mention the cards i used? was the 4850 & 9800 released over 5 years ago? me no think so.
so, after completetly overlooking the most important part of my post, i repost and try to reword it differently so i don't cause any confusion: " i owned an ATI a few years back and the Nvidia of similar spec blew it out of the water.
you also said that the ATI is a few % cheaper than the Nvidia and i said that's because the Nvidia is a few % better."
and now we're at the point where your asking me where you said something when i was quoting somebody else.
I can't remember/find me saying I said they're cheaper.
ok, i think you're a tad lost. you didn't say it was cheaper. SOMEONE ELSE DID!!!!
third time's the charm.
I'll just gtfo this thread for a moment. I can't seem to follow you.
this is the post i originally quoted from. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1168517#post1168517
this is the guy i quoted.
i didn't quote you.
you have not been quoted.
i have not quoted you yet.
i am not planning on quoting you.
have you ever quoted me?
i don't like being quoted.
do you know any famous quotes?
Damn!!! Quoted!!
no thanks, i'm driving.
I´m probably 5 years late, but here is my LFS PC
Attached images
Old_PC_2009.JPG
This ati nvidia war started years back,when we had voodoo cards and shit,and back than yes the ati was worst,but novadays(even tho i never had ati,but all my friends did) they seem about the same,they both got good rewiews?spell? 1 comes out with a good,the other comes out with a lil better,and than other and etc... Imho fighting is useless.
Quote from e2mustang :This ati nvidia war started years back,when we had voodoo cards and shit,and back than yes the ati was worst,but novadays(even tho i never had ati,but all my friends did) they seem about the same,they both got good rewiews?spell? 1 comes out with a good,the other comes out with a lil better,and than other and etc... Imho fighting is useless.

Fighting is good! It drives the prices down No way had I gotten my gtx 260 for $155 shipped had the 4870 not been around.

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG