The online racing simulator
Good point(s).
Hehe. I have 2*74GB Raptors + 1*1TB Hitachi Deskstar in this box. I also have 4.5TB of space on an external RAID5 array
Attached images
networkdrives.png
Quote from amp88 :Hehe. I have 2*74GB Raptors + 1*1TB Hitachi Deskstar in this box. I also have 4.5TB of space on an external RAID5 array

Thats some proper nice spec'd PC, but just one question, what made you choose the ATI cards over 9800 new nVidia cards in SLI? Just wondering
Quote from amp88 :Just finished building my new rig.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro
Motherboard: Asus P5K-E
Memory: 2x2GB G-Skill PC2-8500 (running at PC2-6400 just now)
Video Card: ATi Radeon HD3870X2
OS Drives: 2X74GB Western Digital Raptor (RAID0)
Storage Drive: Hitachi 7K1000
PSU: Corsair HX620W
DVD-RW Drive: LiteOn DH-20A1S 20X Black
Case: Antec P182
Keyboard: Labtec Ultraflat
Mouse: Razer Copperhead
Monitor: BenQ FP241W

Do you dare to tell me how much FPS do you have? You must not have problems with full grid AI I think
Quote from amp88 :Hehe. I have 2*74GB Raptors + 1*1TB Hitachi Deskstar in this box. I also have 4.5TB of space on an external RAID5 array

Ahhh - I realize now I missed the 1 TB drive in your specs. That's what I meant - I would have expected that - but I didn't see it.
Quote from harjun :Thats some proper nice spec'd PC, but just one question, what made you choose the ATI cards over 9800 new nVidia cards in SLI? Just wondering

I ordered the parts and installed most of them before the release of the 9800 cards. The only reason it took this long to get it up and running was lack of stock of the new quads. If I were to build it again now I think I'd go nVidia.

In LFS it's definitely CPU limited rather than graphics limited. The attached screenshot is me behind 19 AI BF1s at SO4. 1920x1200x32, 16XAA, 16xAF and adaptive anti-aliasing on Quality in the Catalyst Control Centre. Full settings in LFS.
Attached images
lfs.jpg
Oh man, you have a small power station there Must have cost a lot
Quote from amp88 :I ordered the parts and installed most of them before the release of the 9800 cards. The only reason it took this long to get it up and running was lack of stock of the new quads. If I were to build it again now I think I'd go nVidia.

In LFS it's definitely CPU limited rather than graphics limited. The attached screenshot is me behind 19 AI BF1s at SO4. 1920x1200x32, 16XAA, 16xAF and adaptive anti-aliasing on Quality in the Catalyst Control Centre. Full settings in LFS.

Yeh thats wierd, maybe becaus LFS is only Single core support, because even my pc gets around that with same settings as that, and i have an E2180 at 3Ghz
Quote from harjun :Yeh thats wierd, maybe becaus LFS is only Single core support, because even my pc gets around that with same settings as that, and i have an E2180 at 3Ghz

Proof - I get about 20 FPS with a full full grid on SO and 16X both, and i've got a better graphics card than you. (if you still have that 8800GTS 640/320)
Yeah, I always knew LFS would only utilise a single core but I was saying it was CPU limited because you asked about the graphics card. Easy way to check if LFS uses more than one core is to run it windowed and look at your task manager.
40fps Exactly.
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
Quote from harjun :40fps Exactly.

16XAA, 16xAF!

Look at the state of that lamp post and your telling me thats 16xAA?? compare your lamp post with amps

You've got no AA and by the looks of it no AF either.

Oh go you - fancy turning all the "simple wheels" etc shit off?

BTW - SoftTH is killing my FPS - on a cruise server (:X) layout atm, and i'm getting about 40 FPS at 4xAA, 16xAF

And you wonder why you get the reaction you get, LMAO!

All you are doing if confirming what people expect from you. If you stop, let’s say, exaggerating so much then maybe you'd be able to move away from your current reputation.

...or just keep doing what you're doing and you'll get the same reaction every time, funny/annoying for me but very bad for you.
Lolz - Harjun = pwned for the 1983748919237th time!
Quote from harjun :Yeh thats wierd, maybe becaus LFS is only Single core support, because even my pc gets around that with same settings as that, and i have an E2180 at 3Ghz

Sorry, had to
8800GTS 512, E6750 @ 3.2
1680x1050, 8xAA, 16x AF
Attached images
test.jpg
Here's mine:
8XQAA and 16XAF
E2140 @ 2.8Ghz
Attached images
fpsscreen.jpg
hm......

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ 2.5 Ghz Toledo
2GB DDR2 667
ASUS 8500GT with a huge fan
400GB HD
old Dell CRT 17'
Vista SP1
Quote from mcintyrej :Here's mine:
8XQAA and 16XAF
E2140 @ 2.8Ghz

That's a very nice OC! How did you do that?
Quote from hrtburnout :That's a very nice OC! How did you do that?

Time and luck mostly.

I'm running 350x8 @ stock voltage (1.28v)
Quote from mcintyrej :Time and luck mostly.

I'm running 350x8 @ stock voltage (1.28v)

Mine won't boot with a 350 FSB. If I'd try to use such a high FSB and then try to boot, the GFX-card fan would spin at 100% for some reason, and it wouldn't boot. That's why I'm stuck at 330fsb
Wow! You sure do have a good overclock from stock 1.66GHz.

I'm running my E6300 @ 2.89GHz (413x7) and 1.375v (in BIOS). Pretty high voltage for my clock, I would love to be running 1.3v with my current clock. vDroop does make the actual quite lower, though.
Just a little Update. Replaced the evga 8800gt with an XFX 8800GT. (got fed up with evga card constantly dying on me for some reason 3 cards over a month 0_0). THE XFX is Working fine. Getting 44-47 fps on full and 121-145 in single and about 120-ish on multiplayer. Running my 6420 at a steady 3.01ghz with 1.35v (375x8) running on 1:1.3 I think.

P.S-added a proof just to show I am not lying like harjun did. doing 8x AA and 16xQAF.
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG