The online racing simulator
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Just checking Autosport I saw this story about a rather heated interview. I think Hamilton puts the 'journalist' in her place.

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/63509

Haha. if it really happened (i say that because sometimes alot of rubbish is said) . Im gonna have to say, that the 'journalist' got owned.

Maybe we should make her drive at 120mph+ with mirrors that are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and THEN she can complain about blocking.
Owned? It doesn't seem so. Anyone reads what he wants, however. What I learned is that if I make a mistake I generally have to pay for it, if I damaged something. Maybe Hamilton has been taught something else in his life.
What are the quali results?

I flicked through this thread and couldn't see them
Mosley: FIA to go through 2008 McLaren with fine-tooth comb

FIA President Max Mosley has said Formula One racing’s governing body will rigorously examine next season’s McLaren to ensure it does not contain intellectual property obtained from Ferrari.

McLaren were stripped of their 2007 constructors’ points and fined $100 million earlier this season after being found guilty of benefiting from possession of confidential Ferrari data. Although no proof of its use was found in the design of the team’s current car, Mosley wants to provide reassurance that it does not feature in next season’s either.

“We want to play fair with McLaren, but want to give the other teams and the public the guarantee that the new McLaren is not built upon Ferrari information,” said Mosley. “We are now facing the situation of going through the ‘08 McLaren with a fine-tooth comb. And we are not speaking about a single component but of the incorporation of intellectual property and ideas in order to solve technical problems.”

Mosley described the case as still “wide open and very difficult”, but said he hoped it can be closed at a meeting of the FIA’s World Motor Sport Council on December 7.

Asked to hypothesize on what might happen if the new McLaren were found to contain Ferrari material, Mosley added: “As penalty I could imagine sending McLaren into the ‘08 season with a minus of championship points as is used in soccer - or exclude the team for the whole season.”

Source: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/10/7015.html
Quote from The General Lee :What are the quali results?

I flicked through this thread and couldn't see them

Without the details.

1st : Massa
2nd : Hamilton
3rd : Raikkonen
4th : Webber (i think)
5th : Alonso
6th : Trulli (i think)
7th : Rosberg (i think)
8th : Dunno
9th : Dunno
10th : Coulthard
Quote from Albieg :Owned? It doesn't seem so. Anyone reads what he wants, however. What I learned is that if I make a mistake I generally have to pay for it, if I damaged something. Maybe Hamilton has been taught something else in his life.

Have you seen the incidents that the woman was complaining about? Hamilton got out of the way as soon as possible, its not his fault Kimi got distracted and messed up a turn. It seems the world is not willing to accept Hamilton for who he is, they want to see him lash out at someone to ruin his squeaky clean image. However the press fail to realise that they are the reason he has to be squeaky clean, any comment out of place and he is demonised instantly.

The media love a hero, but they prefer a hero that becomes a villain, it sells more papers.
No, you have to admit, Hamilton did impede Räikkönen to be honest. They got close, Hamilton just seemed to want to get right behind Kimi as soon as possible, infact, i think they almost touched because of it.

Kimi had to nail it to get infront of Hamilton, it was Hamilton's actions on track that caused Kimi's mistake, as it was the corner, following Kimi passing Lewis so don't sit there and say Kimi messed up himself. Honestly... Do you ever see Kimi making mistakes? He is from Finland. Even his humour has no faults.
Brazilian Grand Prix starting grid

1. MASSA Ferrari
2. HAMILTON McLaren
3. RAIKKONEN Ferrari
4. ALONSO McLaren
5. WEBBER Red Bull
6. HEIDFELD BMW
7. KUBICA BMW
8. TRULLI Toyota
9. COULTHARD Red Bull
10. ROSBERG Williams
11. BARRICHELLO Honda
12. FISICHELLA Renault
13. VETTEL Toro Rosso
14. LIUZZI Toro Rosso
15. SCHUMACHER Toyota
16. BUTTON Honda
17. KOVALAINEN Renault
18. SATO Super Aguri
19. NAKAJIMA Williams
20. DAVIDSON Super Aguri
21. SUTIL Spyker
22. YAMAMOTO Spyker

Quote from DarkTimes :
Brazilian Grand Prix starting grid

1. MASSA Ferrari
2. HAMILTON McLaren
3. RAIKKONEN Ferrari
4. ALONSO McLaren
5. WEBBER Red Bull
6. HEIDFELD BMW
7. KUBICA BMW
8. TRULLI Toyota
9. COULTHARD Red Bull
10. ROSBERG Williams

LOL I was way off, but got a few of the names right.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Have you seen the incidents that the woman was complaining about?

Yes.
Quote :Hamilton got out of the way as soon as possible...

No he didn't. He had the whole length of the straight to slow and let Raikkonen past, yet he chose to leave it until the braking area for T4 to do it.
Quote :...its not his fault Kimi got distracted and messed up a turn.

Arguable.

The fact that Hamilton even thought of apologising to Raikkonen shows that he knows he got in the way.
Of course, the FIA have done nothing. Unlike in Monza last year where the evil baby-eating Alonso dared to get within 100m of Massa.
Well you can argue that he didn't get out of the way as soon as possible, but I would need to see it again to be sure. Watching live it looked like he got out of the way when he saw him, and thought it would be safe. I just don't see Hamilton as the type of person to deliberately obstruct someone, which is what that French woman was suggesting.

Kimi does make mistakes, remember Silverstone where he ran wide and cost himself pole position. I think at best Hamilton made him nervous going into the turn, perhaps Kimi was remembering the guy who used to sit in his Ferrari seat, and expected Hamilton to block him or crash into him.
Quote from StewartFisher : Unlike in Monza last year where the evil baby-eating Alonso dared to get within 100m of Massa.

LOL
Quote from StewartFisher :
The fact that Hamilton even thought of apologising to Raikkonen shows that he knows he got in the way.
Of course, the FIA have done nothing. Unlike in Monza last year where the evil baby-eating Alonso dared to get within 100m of Massa.

Exactly. So I don't see that woman owned in any way, I just see someone who refuses to answer to a person who is undoubtedly putting Hamilton's sportsmanship into question, and this is for sure unsettling for Hamilton, but he didn't come out as a winner in this debate. He just refused to answer.

Edit: the most laughable/questionable part was Dennis and Hamilton's father berated at the journalist at the box.
Yep, definately got owned in some parts of that 'discussion'. Not all, just some .

Unquestionabley, Hamilton distracted Kimi, but, you gotta think, the mirrors are useless on those things, so it cant all be hamiltons fault. If the team didnt tell him that Kimi would be there, untill the last minute, or at all, then who's fault is that?
Quote from spiderbait90 :Yep, definately got owned in some parts of that 'discussion'. Not all, just some .

And where, exactly?
Ok, i use the word 'owned' quite wrongly.

But the piece i was talking about is:

Hamilton: "Yes. How are you at your job? Are you the best at your job? You never made mistakes....no?"
Giuntini: "Sometimes..."
Hamilton: "Oh, really..."

Maybe a better phrase would be, well, put in her place. I dunno. Owned was all i could think off.

Meh, Sorry if you dont quite understand.
I understand perfectly well. In fact, I didn't have to retract what I said.
Anyway, the way i see it. If Hamilton wins this season, in his 1st season, then it will just put me completely off the sport. It will only make him more arrogant than he already is. Whenever he talks to the press i always get the sense that he sits at night with ron creating a list of answers to possible questions. So rather than his opinion on something you get some rubbish made up the night before. Others may not see it this way, but its how i see it.
Like I said in another thread, I feel it would be too early for him to win the title, although all of the three deserve it... Just take a look at the choices: A finn with no personality whatsoever, a spanish litte whiner or a british arrogant hypocrite... Name your choice, there is no good pick, with the governing body worst of all...
Good to see him stand up for himself, from what I saw on TV it didn't look like he did anything wrong, yes he may have slowed Kimi slightly and distracted him but what else could he do? Kimi was very ragid for that whole lap anyway.
This is when you need an exciting nutcase like JPM!
They just showed a summary of the season in german TV and even that was totally biased towards Hamilton when you think they should normally be neutral.
Meh, face it, Hamilton is a sensation to this sport. Its shaken f1 up a bit and made it more interesting then it usually is.

I'm rooting for him, because england needs to win something this year :X rugby last night was a disapointment. If he doesn't win the championship I'll be rooting for raikkonen. Anyone but alonso, hes just a whining little crybaby.
ohh ffs, another ITV Lewis Arse-Lick story.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG