The online racing simulator
Quote from SamH :In short, I think Alonso has issues of paranoia, that have done nothing but get worse over the last 15 months. He needs a year out, to check himself into an institution...

Funny you should mention that. Maybe he needs to move to America
Quote from SamH :I'm definitely coming out of this season more disparaging about F1 than ever before, while being more polarized about the drivers I like. I've always liked Kimi, most especially since he missed Michael Schumacher's leaving presentation because, as I recall he said, "I was having a shit".

I also like Hamilton. I don't sense that he's arrogant at all.. he always thanks the people who help him achieve - something I rarely hear other drivers do - and I can see he has a really good relationship with the engineers in the garage. I think he's a team player, and that's endearing.

I've also very much come to dislike Alonso intensely. I am surprised Briatore's ready to have him back at Renault. I remember Alonso complaining, towards the end of the last season, that the Renault team and engineers didn't want him to win the season. Alonso said he thought it was because it would give a McLaren car a champion race number. In short, I think Alonso has issues of paranoia, that have done nothing but get worse over the last 15 months. He needs a year out, to check himself into an institution.. I hope McLaren bench him.

agreed!... i also remember sometime last year how he was harping on that NO ONE had helped in his racing carrier, he had done it all himself and how hard it was and all that BULL!.. racing/karting isnt somthing you can do on your own, you need finantial backing of some kind more so as a kid in karting, plus all the rest of the stuff.. travel and all that, when he said that in a interview i must admit my opinion on alonso dropped and hasent stopped dropping ever since...

everyone else in F! has someone to thank, you dont end up in F1 while doing it ALONE, i thought that was very selfish...

i like hamilton, and let me tell ya its not hamiltons fault hes disliked by so many fans, its the media...., i love hamiltons story grate thats it, he and his dad pushed and pushed through hard times and bad, we all like to here those stories but bloomin heck the media have made him look like some sort of god!, ive heard things said in F1 coverage like "hamilton USES the media very well!" ?????????/ hamilton is usless with the media, i like him but he doesnt know when to keep it shut somtimes, im not flameing him he's still blo0dy young in the most fiece of sports, but sometimes he says a bit to mutch...

Now KIMI!! knows how to play the media, just watch him, he's an artist, you have never heard kimi complain about his team/tmate he does it all behind doors, i think hamilton will learn a lot from this season...

alonso made me laugh so hard when he said on the final weekend "i dont think a scruitineer was necessary" ???????????????/

put it this way if i was a f1 driver in a team that i REALLY did think was playing games and tampering with my car, i would be over the moon that the FIA had heard my cries and sent in a guy to make sure nothing was being done underhanded to jepadise my WC....

alonso dont have the pace one week, mclarean are tampering with his car, tire pressures low, made him peddle round... the week we have a scruitineer in the mclarean gararge we have a different view from alonso...

"it was my fault"
"the changes WE made didnt work in the way WE hoped" funny that cus its been " me me me" all season,

if you watched the whole season in one go now (or just think back) he started doing <funny> things after the second race, he (nor did we) expect this kid (hamilton) to be handing the 2x WC his rear on a plate,..

alonso is no strager to WC's going to the wire, did u see him drive like this season against MS? or KR the season before??? nope he was madjestic, this season he lost his head big time,
and as we all know here push to mutch and you go slower and imo thats what he did this season, but he let hamilton rock him.

On the podium in brazil he had just missed out on his 3 title and he was pretty happy why?? because he didnt mind loosing it to kimi but he was dreading the day he had to stand infront of a tv camara and "congratulate" this kid team mate in his rookie season for beating the him the WC who is driving the same car!!,

i can understand that in a way its the way sportsmen are but no need for all that this season, alonso could have had 2000 point and himilton only 1 but hamilton shown him up this season , and not on the track either, IN THE MEDIA and alonso has noone to blame but himself this season, shame cus he's one hell of a driver when he does what he is best at and thats NOT spinning yarns LOL
Quote :Originally Posted by itv.com/f1 - TED'S BRAZIL NOTEBOOK

Cool Fuel: BMW Sauber & Williams

A very wound-up Williams technical director Sam Michael explained to me at the airport on Sunday night how certain he was that his cars were not illegal.

Firstly, the temperature of the fuel was taken by the FIA when the fuel was “going into the car during the race refuelling”.

This is significant.

Article 6.5.5 of the technical regulations says that the fuel in the car cannot be less than 10 degrees cooler than ambient. It makes no mention of the fuel in the refuelling rig.

The readings came from the fuel rig while it was pumping the fuel in, so it was not taking the temperature of the fuel in the car as the rules state.

The fuel would have warmed up as soon as it went into the tank, and BMW and Williams have data that supports this.

Secondly, the ambient temperature was never 37 degrees.

The temperatures were taken from Formula One Management data that is shown on page three of the circuit’s timing screens.

But in Brazil, these temperature readings were, to put it mildly, unscientific.

Either the air temperature probe was in the sun (air temp should always be taken from the shade) or it was not calibrated correctly.

This is supported by the readings of the track temperature.

When the race started, the FOM screens showed the track temperature as 62 degrees.

That would’ve melted even my trusty Dr Martens boots.

Bridgestone measured the track temp at a more usual 48 degrees.

The weather experts from Meteo France, who sit in a small container within the circuit measuring the weather to internationally accepted standards and accuracy, said the ambient temperature (in the shade) never exceeded 34 degrees.

So in that light, it does seem that BMW and Williams were legal, and McLaren will have a hard time proving otherwise.

at McLaren's appeal
Quote from SamH :I am surprised Briatore's ready to have him back at Renault.
[...]
I hope McLaren bench him.

Briatore said that McLaren should have benched him in the last GPs in order not to damage Hamilton. Briatore is, to all extents, an excellent manager, but I still have to understand why.

For sure one reason is that he's practical just about everything in life: he's the perfect example of a person that will go to every possible extent to achieve a result, always well within the law I think, but nonetheless some of his ways are extremely questionable.

He has my personal award for most dislikable person in F1 in the latest years, easily surpassing Alonso. It's a luck most people don't have to deal with such a VIP or don't see him in the news.
Sam you can't say you don't think Hamilton is not arrogant.
I mean, the way he called the people slower than him 'the monkeys at the back' it's just a bit too far.

I mean not everyone is as lucky as he was getting his 'big break' he even out-lucked himself, by coming into F1 the very Year McLaren are becoming to be GOOD again. People in the Spykers and Toro Rosso's are those who wanted to get into F1 at any cost... To be honest, I get the impression Hamilton would of said no if he was offered a drive before he joined McLaren(f1 team) to, lets say Spyker.. I get the impression he was too stuck up to even consider entering F1 into a team with a slower pace. He was always going to wait until a McLaren drive was there, ok sure, he bought into it I guess, so he had no way out but I still get the impression that he would of said no, given the opportunity in Spyker or something before he joined F1.

Abit OT :
People say it like he has wanted to be in F1 more than anyone else before, or after him but this is BS, just because he has the balls to ask Ron Dennis which in hindsight, just looks like a childs naiivity to me, doesn't mean he has wanted to be in F1 more than anyone else. To be honest, I see Sebastian Vettel to have more talent, he is HAULING ASS with a crap team, Whilst Hamilton is crashing out in a good one.
blueflame!...

i partly agree with you on hamilton, its all paned out very well for him, and lets face it MOST drivers that come into F1 have to prove there worth first in the other slower teams e.g spiker as you said, that i agree with... i also agree that there are a lot of other good NEW drivers come onto the scene vitel included... would they have done as well as hamilton or better maybe???? iiiim not so sure, and nothing sarcastic there just my opinion, am i saying in comming years one of these said drivers wont be in the title race with hamilton, no way there are a few new drivers that for me are showing awsome promise, best year in many seasons for new tallent (forget the whole hamilton sarga in that remark)..

and yes vitel is doing grate and i also think kubica has done a awsome job this season, but your remark "whilst hamiliton is crashing out in a good one" is imo a bit far fetched.. i admit i think he was not as composed in the final race as he should have been and the pressure got to him, but geeeez loosing the WC by 1 point in his rookie year and beating the WC alonso is IMO not crashing out...

although i did think that was not nice when he said that about the slower cars, but as i said hamilton is crap with the media
Well the sentence you quoted me on, is just to put things into perspective, I suppose you could counter that anyway and say Vettel crashed a shit car but that's not the point is it, like you said you agree with what I said about Hamilton turning down a mid-field race team to drive with, the point is, just because he has been de-picted as this 1 of a kind, he really isn't. Kimi is faster than anyone ever. Schumacher is an... alien. Hamilton is just a british person, who is better than most of the drivers in the pack, David Coulthard gets my respect cos he deserves it, Davidson, in a shit team, he's going nowhere, Button, again shit team, he's going nowhere.

Just cheeses me off the way he gets FALSE publicity about this kind of thing, In my opinion, I don't think anything can beat the buzz when Mansell won at silverstone (don't remember what year) and the crowd drowned out the engine noise from the cars. The day Damon Hill won the title in 1996 when Jacques Villeneuve lost a wheel. The day in 1998 at Spa when Damon Hill won his last GP and Jordan's first. None of these sporting achievements by british drivers can be bettered by Lewis Hamilton, they also make out that he was working class. Well it cost an awful lot of money to buy a kart and spares. Whether his dad was working 2 jobs or not and that is another thing. His dad. His dad wants Lewis to be champion, as much as LEWIS does. So where Lewis is today, is 50/50 between HIM and his DAD. There is alot of people who haven't stepped into an F1 car because of money and it just angers me. Why does Lewis (although his father is mentioned somewhat) get credited for his fathers hard work?

Sorry for the melographic rant
hehehehe again i agree with part of that....

lewis is fast yes but the media have made him out to be some kind of god and its wrong, the only thing hamilton has done here is be bloomin stupid when it comes to the MEDIA, has he done extreamly well in his rookie year?? i dont think anyone can disagree there, im not botherd what team or car he has done awsome!, BUT!!!! putting him against the like's of MS and most of all SENNA! i mean ok the kids done well but hamilton wont show if he has better pedigre in racing than the like of senna and MS for a LONG time yet so i wish the frigin media would stop this BS, they do this with every sportman that does well, they make em into a god and destroy em, i know if i was lewis i would want as little to do with these clowns as possible they will destroy him if he dont learn and QUICK, take a leaf outa KIMI's book...

ive always thought kimi was the fastest guy for some time with the right car he just hasent been very lucky imo, begining of this season he struggled but overcome this midway and im pleased for him because keep being held back by one thing or another he's never really had the chance to show what he can do, alonso has got to be the luckyest guy on the plannet imo LOL, i think now kimi has his WC now next season if he has a car thats racable i think we are gona see somthing special, alonso?? well this season he naffed it up big time its gona take him next season atleast before he is ready to go for the WC again imo..

i also agree with the past f1 BIG MOMENTS, again the media bigging up this hamilton thing, i think lewis is grate, but again (yes i hate the media LOL) the media make me sick, all season i may as well have been watching 3 sometimes 4 drivers race, race buildup is a farce, listening to them 2 tell me how grate lewis is is not my idea of a race build up, if ya gona do that make a friggin documentry on the man then i can choose to watch or not, but i wana know how how the midfield is doing, as i said LOADS of new tallent this year, shame we havent seen em, only time we do is when there's contact or an off...

the whle lewis story i dont agree on so mutch, yes i agree it takes a lot of support and extra money to be competative in karting, but one thing is that he KNOWS he is where is is becasue of his dad, thats a heII of a lot more than mr alonso will admit to (i did it all alone man {jerk})...

again we have to take into acount how lucky lewis has been, most folks nock him for that (thanking that guy thanking this guy, team bla bla bla) but you dont get that very often in our day, but he HAS been VERY lucky! he was sponsoured by mclarean VERY early on, thats him basicly sorted upto F1, all he had to do was keep showing he had the tallent and keep winning, not many F1 drivers can say that they have had tat kind off backing from such a early age, fast forward a tad to F1 he gets a seat in one of the fastest cars on the track, again not many (virtualy never happens) f1 drivers have had this luxury... so THATS why lewis has had sutch a start in f1 and everyone is talking about him, if he HAD landed a seat at spyker we wouldnt be talking about this now cus yea he would be doing well but would all the media be pitting him against the likes of MS and SENNA (grrrrrrr) because he is looking good for the WC in his rooki season???? nope....

all im saying is there are 3 types of fans IMO

1. hamilton is the best thing to sit in between 4 wheels
2. hamilton is quick tallented young and lucky but (as of yet) not senna material..
and 3rd. lewis is a jerk slimy arrogent pip-squeek..

those in class 1. need there heads testing and need to look at the bigger picture
those in class 3. again bigger picture (but not nutts )

people carnt be in the middle here, like marmite love him hate him lol, 2 sides to the story here but classes 1 and 3 refuse to look at the other side...

1. the kids had a string off breaks that have lifted him to where he is, weather that be a supporting farther, or mclarean taking him while he was near still in nappies, he's been VERY lucky

2.the kids got tallent in a race car, he's bloomin quick..

put em together you get a class 2 badge .... hes quick but lucky, time will tell if he is MS/SENNA material..

finaly the media have already started killing him, lewis this lewis that, im british would i have liked him to win hhhhhmmmm the patriotic side of me (not a lot there really) says yes, but for f1 AND for lewis as a driver ??? NO i think it went to the right driver imo....

its pretty simple really he did well got a few wins/podiums awsome way to go but the media blow it all out of proportion.. i like him but if i hear that guys name one more time im gona crack!!!! this season shouldnt have been called F1 instead it should have been "go lewis go", again TIME WILL TELL if he is MS/SENNA material not the blasted MEDIA
I totally agree Gizz.

Typical for English sport anyway, we hype everything, and then they lose. Sometimes we win once, because we never cared, then the second time around people are interested, then teh media capitalizes on that. (and screwing up the result.)
arrrrrrrrhaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr.... you finaly sucomed to my constant drivil and woffle hehehe...

no but really.... how come come you manage to say the same thing as me in 3000 less words?? i think i know what the wife means now
I'm actually scared Gizz, cos you joined this forum 1month before me and i have 10x more posts.
LOL i dont post mutch really, but when i do i usualy bring the server down .....

besides my wheel has broken so i have nothing else to do LOL
Quote from Gizz : but when i do i usualy bring the server down .....

hahaha
That cheered me up, thanks mate
PREPARE TO BE SHOCKED!

Quote :New aero rules explained

On Wednesday the FIA World Council confirmed new aero rules for 2009, which were proposed by the so-called overtaking group. According to our spies in Brazil, Ferrari’s Rory Byrne together with Renault’s Pat Symonds and McLaren’s Paddy Lowe, worked out a car configuration, which should make it easier to follow another car and to overtake.

The technical directors agreed to proposals which are as follows:

- Front wing width increased to 180 instead of 140 cm.
- Front wing height decreased to 7.5 instead of 15 cm.
- The middle section over a width of 40 cm has to be a standard part.
- The driver may adjust the front wing flaps from the cockpit twice a lap by an angle of a maximum 6 degrees.
- Rear wing width 75 instead of 100 cm
- Rear wing height 95 instead of 80 cm.

The diffusor then starts from the centre of the rear axle rather than from the front end of the rear wheels. It may raise to 17.5 instead of 12.5 cm. The bodywork has to be clean. That means no barge boards, no winglets, no chimneys, no flipups.

Windtunnel research has shown that with the new rules the overall downforce loss will be 50 percent compared to the 2006 aero. If you follow another car within half a car length you will only lose 25 instead of 46 percent of the downforce and the balance shift will be 1 percent to the front rather than 4 percent to the back as it is now.

SOURCE: http://f1.automoto365.com/news ... ewsForm&news_id=28599

Did you expect this from FIA? Too bad it took this long to make this up.

Quite interesting, in last few days FIA's different comissions have released new rule plans, for example WRC and FIA GT and mostly the new rules seem to be very positive. FIA's IQ has finally reached a state where it is 1% higher than a monkey?

Moving aerodynamics :thumbsdow
Quote from deggis :FIA's IQ has finally reached a state where it is 1% higher than a monkey? .

do you know anything about monkeys deggis??????, they are actualy clever animals!, i find your selection of words very worrying, the only thing they have in common withthe FIA is that there both a protected species ....

but really i agree with blueflame here, although its step in the right direction how they gona police this??? imo this whole moving aero is a bad idea but i supose its still in early talks sowe await with baited breath
-
(Tigershark) DELETED by Tigershark
The movable aero is confusing, but sounds interesting.
Quote from deggis :Did you expect this from FIA? Too bad it took this long to make this up.

Wait... it's not in effect yet. IIRC a couple of years back they were talking about re-introducing slicks in 2007 or 2008 - a plan we never heard about again. Or remember the "splir rear wing" design that was supposed to be introduced in 2008? Never seen that again have we?
Quote from xaotik :Wait... it's not in effect yet. IIRC a couple of years back they were talking about re-introducing slicks in 2007 or 2008 - a plan we never heard about again. Or remember the "splir rear wing" design that was supposed to be introduced in 2008? Never seen that again have we?

Well, the double backwing idea was a really a very stupid idea even to begin with.

The main thing is that no more traction control in 2008! Woohoo! Although it must be said that the biggest flaw with F1 is the fact that there aren't more than 2 teams that can win. Even a third team capable of winning would make the series a lot interesting along with cars that don't drive themselves... I'm sure FIA has bucketloads of surprises in their sleeves for the next season
That's something that has disappointed this season, it has always been a McLaren or a Ferrari winning the race. Slicks would help make overtaking possible, I don't understand why grooved tyres were ever implimented... They don't pose an advantage, and Formula 1 should be about progression, not switching formats each year, TC is off 2008 but it comes back in 2009 with 4wd and alot of other shit... Formula 1 seems to be heading towards the game : Jacques Villeneuve's Racing Vision all too coincidently
Quote from BlueFlame :That's something that has disappointed this season, it has always been a McLaren or a Ferrari winning the race. Slicks would help make overtaking possible, I don't understand why grooved tyres were ever implimented... They don't pose an advantage, and Formula 1 should be about progression, not switching formats each year, TC is off 2008 but it comes back in 2009 with 4wd and alot of other shit... Formula 1 seems to be heading towards the game : Jacques Villeneuve's Racing Vision all too coincidently

Has 4WD really been confirmed? I really though it was a silly rumor. Wouldn't make the slightest sense having TC every second season.
Why would slicks help overtaking? Surely they'd increase corner speeds, and therefore reliance on aero, and therefore increase the distances cars need to drop back to stay on the road. The grooves were to slow the cars for safety and allow them to follow each other closer.

They do look silly though.

As for TC and 4WD, I don't think we'll get them. It'll be REALLY REALLY crap with 4WD, but they'd have a new drivers market - grannies!
Quote from Blackout :Has 4WD really been confirmed? I really though it was a silly rumor. Wouldn't make the slightest sense having TC every second season.

There was talk about 4WD, and I think it would be really sad it it went that way. There was talks about 4WD, but loooking back I think it wasn't 2009 it was later, but still, they say TC is back in 2009...
Quote from Hyperactive : I'm sure FIA has bucketloads of surprises in their sleeves for the next season

Maybe a new rule, that says that only Ferrari can win, so atleast the sport won't be plagued with controversy, they can just go "It's in the rules!"

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG