The online racing simulator
*SPOILERS* F1 Brazilian Grand Prix 2007, Final Race!!
The Brazilian Grand Prix Preview

McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton might have made things difficult for himself after sliding into the gravel trap in the pit road in China, but assuming 100 percent reliability for the two McLaren and Ferrari drivers in Brazil this weekend, the odds still favour him becoming the first rookie world champion.

Currently he has 107 points to Fernando Alonso’s 103 and outsider Kimi Raikkonen’s 100. If he wins, it’s all over, cut and dried as he will have an untoppable 117 points. If Fernando Alonso wins, Hamilton must be second; they would have 113 and 115 points respectively.

If Alonso wins and Hamilton were third, they would each have 113 points, but Alonso would get the nod on the basis of five wins to Hamilton’s four.

The situation regarding Raikkonen is more straightforward. He must win, with Alonso no higher than third and Hamilton no higher than sixth. That would give Raikkonen and Hamilton 110 points each and Alonso 109, and Raikkonen would win six victories to four apiece for the McLaren drivers.

The easiest situation for Hamilton would be for Raikkonen to win from either Alonso or Felipe Massa, and to finish fourth himself. That would give Raikkonen 110 points; if Alonso were second he would have 111, third he would have 109; Hamilton would have 112.

All four drivers will be going for the win, however, since they are racers. Three of them need to think that way for their title aspirations, while another win at home would be balm for Massa after his challenge fell apart in Japan and China.

“I will approach the race in the same way, to win,” Hamilton says. “Some part of my mind will be focused on the end result - winning the world championship not the race - but I go to win. I understand the position I’m in and what I have to do. I aim on finishing on the podium and know I can’t take risks. Maybe I took a risk at the last race.

“I’ve got a lot of confidence in myself. It has to be a hard hit knowing the world championship was there and I didn’t take it but it’s still there to win. In spite of having a DNF in China I’m still in the lead and I’ve still got a good chance of winning so I’m feeling pretty cool as I’m in the best position to do that. I’m mentally stronger after the weekend in China. Some drivers would be on the back foot, but I’ve taken the negatives and made them into positives.”

Slightly overshadowed by all championship fight, Williams and Red Bull will be going at it head-to-head for fourth place in the constructors’ championship, with Kazuki Nakajima making his Formula One race debut for Williams as the replacement for retired Alex Wurz. The 22 year-old GP2 racer is sponsored by engine supplier Toyota, and how well he goes in the race could influence his chances of graduating fulltime to Formula One racing in 2008.

Source: http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2007/10/6989.html
#2 - miata
From the thursday press conference... LOL!!!

Q: Lewis, a brand new circuit for you. Have you walked around it and principally have you tried it on the simulator?
Lewis HAMILTON: It's my first... I literally got here to the track an hour ago and I've not yet had the time to walk it, but I will do after this and no, I've not been on the simulator.
Q: Would the simulator help?
Hamilton: If it did I would have done it.
Q: So you don't really feel it's that much of a help.
I think part of the reason that their simulator isn't much of a help now is because the track has been resurfaced, so none of the teams have data for it. A sim is useful for learning very basic things (bend shape, approximate braking distances, etc) but minute characteristics like bumps and tarmac abrasiveness have to be learned in-person.
Nah, he's just waiting for patch Y.
ive heard that alsonso has 1 final trick to try to get his teams backing!
Quote from andybarsblade :ive heard that alsonso has 1 final trick to try to get his teams backing!

Would that be the trick of winning the world championship?
practice one is going slow, says wet practice on the time screen 40mins left alonso hamilton massa and raikkonen have not put a lap down yet
Barrichello is going well, go on you old dog ya!!!!!!!!
I think the Racism card will get played on that picture of yours, didn't make me giggle, but i understood the humour of it.
dont be so stupid
I personally didn't find it racist. Or that funny, to be honest. But yeah, it's clever.

no laps from alsonso?
*cough* ALT+PrintScrn grabs the active window only

I was surprised that a few drivers didn't do a full lap as well, but there is another session later on today I suppose.
i suspect Mclaren might have been trying a dry setup in the wet. maybe they are confident of a wet set up and wanted to experiment for Sunday????
I listened to it on Five Live, hardly any drivers did any laps. It was wet and apparently the weather forecasts are for the rest of the weekend to be dry. I guess they decided to save engines and tyres etc..
they can run a separate engine on the friday so they don't have to worry about saving on motors
You live and you learn.
lol..when is lewis not under investigation?

I bet they will get away with a fine!
Makes it interesting, but I wouldn't be suprised if the FIA made it looks like a punishment was on the way. Then drop it all before the race. As for Sato, they can punish him by letting him drive Button's car
i highly doubt they will penalize hamilton over the tire thing. a pretty lame attempt by the FIA to create drama and media hype over nothing.

pretty good showing by Nakajima in P2 though. looking forward to seeing him develop in F1 next year.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG