The online racing simulator
I am kind of late but I just gotta say that was a brilliant race. So much happened in such little time. Raikkonen's finally got what he's deserved for a long time.
Quote from mrbogeyman :Seems weird seeing Dunfermline and Dundee in that division too.....changed days I guess!

Tell me about it, Even County got relegated last year

Ahh well Division two is were it's at guys, trust me.
Quote from SamH :Looking over all the micro-reporting that's happening on the various motorsport news websites (eg. Autosport etc), this statement from Dennis would definitely have made its own feature piece on at least a couple of them. It doesn't appear to feature anywhere, though.

Wouldn't it be totally ironic if it was made-up? A made-up report about Ron Dennis bitching about made-up reports. I love it already.
Quote from xaotik :Wouldn't it be totally ironic if it was made-up? A made-up report about Ron Dennis bitching about made-up reports. I love it already.

The irony wasn't lost on me too... If it was real (especially the part about ruined lives) I'd just laugh about it, but if it's fake Ron Dennis is right. It's an amusing twist of logic, that's why I'm so interested about it. I've emailed an information request to La Gazzetta dello Sport but I sincerely doubt I will have an answer, and not because it's an Italian newspaper, just because most problematic questions have a tendency to remain unanswered everywhere.
Quote from BlueFlame :...

And I agree. Massa may look and sound like a child but both him AND Kimi haven't put a foot wrong all season and have been nicer to other drivers (not calling those slower than them 'monkeys at the back')and their teammates similar insults.

Every driver made errors on 2007 season.

Massa
- in Malaysia tried to pass Hamilton. Lost it: 3->5th
- the red light error in Kanada
- spun out behind safety car in Japan(?)

Räikkönen
- Monaco
- awful starts in early races

Alonso
- pitting while safety car on track (although it's the team's fault)
- the hungary episode
- Japan

Hamilton
- the pitstop error in Silverstone (lost few secs)
- Nürburgring
- losing the championship
- possibly caused an accident in Japan(?)

All in all, every driver made errors, some bigger than others.
BlueFlame's comment is still related to the behaviour, not the driving
Quote from Hyperactive :Every driver made errors on 2007 season.

Alonso
- pitting while safety car on track (although it's the team's fault)

It was pit or run out of fuel...it wasn't anyone's 'fault'.
Blackout, I was (as notanillusion put it 'still') talking about the behaviour, but regarding Massa spinning under the saftey car, he was out of the championship by this point, so that mistake can only by diluted, it cannot be as serious as if Alonso did it, or Räikkönen at that point. Massa and Räikkönen have been the golden boys of the 2007 season, and by luck/circumstance or whatever, they are the Team Champions, and one of them has become World Champion.
Quote from BlueFlame :Blackout, I was (as notanillusion put it 'still') talking about the behaviour, but regarding Massa spinning under the saftey car, he was out of the championship by this point, so that mistake can only by diluted, it cannot be as serious as if Alonso did it, or Räikkönen at that point. Massa and Räikkönen have been the golden boys of the 2007 season, and by luck/circumstance or whatever, they are the Team Champions, and one of them has become World Champion.

I haven't said anything on topic in three pages.
Quote from Blackout :I haven't said anything on topic in three pages.

Finns! They all look the same...

/me flees..
Quote from SamH :Finns! They all look the same...

/me flees..

How many finns have you actually seen?

If TV and radio doesn't count
well done KIMI!!!!

BTW, me set wheels in motion to migrateto Finland
Quote from Hyperactive :How many finns have you actually seen?

hehe.. umm.. damn! All the ones I've seen were on the radio
Quote from SamH :hehe.. umm.. damn! All the ones I've seen were on the radio

You missed the... uhm... point! You could have said that it doesn't matter if you have seen only one (even in radio) because as they all look the same it could have been anyone...

Quote from BlueFlame :...

Massa and Räikkönen have been the golden boys of the 2007 season, and by luck/circumstance or whatever, they are the Team Champions, and one of them has become World Champion.

No. Check it yourself. Massa had few technical probs during this season as did Räikkönen which led to dnf. Alonso had few but didn't need to dnf. Hamilton had none. The golden boy...
Quote from Hyperactive :You missed the... uhm... point! You could have said that it doesn't matter if you have seen only one (even in radio) because as they all look the same it could have been anyone...

Argh! A golden opportunity MISSED!! :curses:
Quote from Blackout :I haven't said anything on topic in three pages.

Not you sorry !
Quote from Hyperactive :How many finns have you actually seen?

IT WAS YOU! it was him Blackout <<<
Quote from Hyperactive :You missed the... uhm... point! You could have said that it doesn't matter if you have seen only one (even in radio) because as they all look the same it could have been anyone...

No. Check it yourself. Massa had few technical probs during this season as did Räikkönen which led to dnf. Alonso had few but didn't need to dnf. Hamilton had none. The golden boy...

Massa yea, his season was destroyed by DNF's to be honest.
And what you tokkin abow, Hamilton has head DNF's, or are you saying, DNF which were the cause of Technical Faults?
Quote from BlueFlame :DNF which were the cause of Technical Faults?

I thought it worked the other way around?
Quote from xaotik :I thought it worked the other way around?

It does, but you know what i meant
In McLaren We Trust. :trophy_si

i hope, next season will be more lucky for us [mclaren's fans]
Quote from GoodKraft :In McLaren We Trust. :trophy_si

i hope, next season will be more lucky for us [mclaren's fans]

amen to that cough/ bye alonso bye cough/
I'm definitely coming out of this season more disparaging about F1 than ever before, while being more polarized about the drivers I like. I've always liked Kimi, most especially since he missed Michael Schumacher's leaving presentation because, as I recall he said, "I was having a shit".

I also like Hamilton. I don't sense that he's arrogant at all.. he always thanks the people who help him achieve - something I rarely hear other drivers do - and I can see he has a really good relationship with the engineers in the garage. I think he's a team player, and that's endearing.

I've also very much come to dislike Alonso intensely. I am surprised Briatore's ready to have him back at Renault. I remember Alonso complaining, towards the end of the last season, that the Renault team and engineers didn't want him to win the season. Alonso said he thought it was because it would give a McLaren car a champion race number. In short, I think Alonso has issues of paranoia, that have done nothing but get worse over the last 15 months. He needs a year out, to check himself into an institution.. I hope McLaren bench him.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG