The online racing simulator
his wife??????? you carnt blame her can ya
Quote from axus :"Ooo, what does this button do?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqHZ_xaB4Es

Rumor has it that Hamilton caused his own drive problems by hitting the wrong button on the wheel. :doh:

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news ... -t-want-to-win-on-appeal/
Good man!

Another gif, the LCD lights are crazy: http://78.129.139.89/lcd-display.gif

Most likely he pressed neutral (pic of Hamilton's wheel) - not sure was that really the cause for the problem.

I guess you could say that small things matters when it comes to the championship...
Yeah read that earlier. I think his speech writer must have mixed up the names
Quote from SamH :
After all the stuff that Alonso has said publicly this season about the people who pay his wages, doesn't anyone else read this and think "bananas!"?

I don't get it too. I don't consider Alonso a good example of sportsmanship, and considering how Alonso knew about Ferrari data being used in McLaren I think Montezemolo should have spared this frivolous declaration.

The quantity of nonsense I read these days is overwhelming.

Consider, for instance, Ron Dennis saying this:

Quote :"I've said it before and I'll say it again, the internet ruined our lives. It's a source of unconfirmed rumors without any control. I'm not criticizing all media but it's difficult to deal with this situation, you spend all your time denying news and correcting errors in reporting. All of this creates pressures on the team."

The Italian web (and I mean all major newspapers) is full of such drivel, but I can't find any reliable English language source. Any non-Italian source about this would be appreciated.
Quote from deggis :

Another gif, the LCD lights are crazy: http://78.129.139.89/lcd-display.gif

Most likely he pressed neutral (pic of Hamilton's wheel) - not sure was that really the cause for the problem.

I guess you could say that small things matters when it comes to the championship...

Interesting, looks to me like he tried to press the green "+10" button (whatever that is) but missed slightly and also mashed the neutral button. He probably didn't realise he'd done it and thought the gearbox packed up.

Quote from SamH :This is what I don't get...

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news ... -hamilton-praises-alonso/

After all the stuff that Alonso has said publicly this season about the people who pay his wages, doesn't anyone else read this and think "bananas!"?

It's no secret that Monty is a big Alonso fan, he's wanted to get him driving for Ferrari for years now... unfortunately for him, Todt isn't so keen on him.
I really hope that Alonso will never drive for Ferrari. This season he has really shown his true colours when he couldn't face being outperformed in the first part of the season by fellow team mate rookie Hamilton. The statements he made and the way he behaved on track (pit stop incident)

I don't like his attitude.

Massa on the other hand is a guy who has some heart and should be an example to all.
Quote from Madman_CZ :I really hope that Alonso will never drive for Ferrari. This season he has really shown his true colours when he couldn't face being outperformed in the first part of the season by fellow team mate rookie Hamilton. The statements he made and the way he behaved on track (pit stop incident)

I don't like his attitude.

Massa on the other hand is a guy who has some heart and should be an example to all.

Alonso had shown his colour's to me at the end of his first championship, and the start of his 2nd championship.

And I agree. Massa may look and sound like a child but both him AND Kimi haven't put a foot wrong all season and have been nicer to other drivers (not calling those slower than them 'monkeys at the back')and their teammates similar insults.
Massa put a few feet wrong (Canada, for example).
What did he say then?
Massa? I don't think he said anything, but he did drive out of the pitlane when he wasn't supposed to.
The foot-wrong expression was referring specifically to behaviour, not driving errors from what I gathered. But yes, Massa has made driver errors this season.
Tristan, I was referring to his behaviour, but even so, going out of the pitlane on a red light, who cares, it wasn't as crazy as some of the McLaren boys stunts were.
Quote from Albieg :Any non-Italian source about this would be appreciated.

I can't find any reputable sources in English. I can find sources in English, but they're not reputable and they're evidently translated into English by non-English speakers, or English people who didn't make basic language proficiency grades. Certainly no English-speaking journalism sources. Sorry
Quote from SamH :Certainly no English-speaking journalism sources. Sorry

The Italian source should be adnkronos, a press agency. There's a total lack of basic details. I don't want to say it's bogus, but it looks like bogus.
I had seen it mentioned on f1-live here. Not sure how dependable they really are, but their source apparently is GMM or something, like several other motorsport sites.
Looking over all the micro-reporting that's happening on the various motorsport news websites (eg. Autosport etc), this statement from Dennis would definitely have made its own feature piece on at least a couple of them. It doesn't appear to feature anywhere, though.
Quote from xaotik :I had seen it mentioned on f1-live here. Not sure how dependable they really are, but their source apparently is GMM or something, like several other motorsport sites.

Quote :'Blame it on the web,' Gazzetta mocked Dennis as having said.

This report is pointing out that Gazzetta misquoted Dennis.

As well as lousy paparazi, we do get press accountability in the UK. They can't lie and get away with it. On the internet, they can say pretty well what they want. That's a problem, as far as Dennis is concerned, because a large part of his attention this year has been focused on damage control over lies and rumours.
#697 - Dru
been a hell of a year thou eh Sam
Quote from Blackout :Saw that too, a bit ridiculous. Ferrari getting in A1GP doesn't surprise me at all now.

Oh well, No Diesels after all
The original press agency release, which I assume to be the base for the Gazzetta moralistic piece of news, quotes the same exact sentences by Ron Dennis without adding the unneeded comments. It's funny that the translation of F1 news is completely different from what adnkronos (and subsequently Gazzetta) write: "Internet ruined our life. It is an unregulated source of information." becomes "Internet is an unregulated source of information that is a nuisance".

I'm at odds with this press release because the exact circumstances of Dennis' presumed declaration aren't explicit: when did he say it, to whom, where? What did he exactly say? F1 live just talks about the piece on Gazzetta, but fails to mention the original adnkronos press release, and quotes completely different words...

Press accountability is badly needed, but not only here, it seems.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG