The online racing simulator
GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
Quote from thisnameistaken :Apparently you've been going 2 seasons longer than me, but my chassis is already better than any of the "brand" chassis. My stats all went up to 60% tonight.

But then I've only had an engine factory for 2 seasons, so I suppose that's where your efforts went.

I'm supposed to be saving up for the max test track too (called Kevlington Airfield), but I've been putting all my money into the bottomless research pits to try to get more cash coming in.

I'm not doing badly in league 11 so far. Leading the constructors and 3rd and 4th in the drivers after 4 races, but the points at the top of both are very close. I'm scoring all my points on strategy though - we're not one of the fastest teams. Most of the teams in my league are 9 or 10 seasons old so I don't mind being a tenth or two slower than them.

We've got one team that is nearly a second a lap faster than everybody thanks to using the #2 team's engine, so they get a 1-2 every race they finish. They're having problems getting that engine over the finish line though.

I've got level 5 everything except Test Track (which is level 1 at the moment). All my research departments are at least Level 2 (£3m each, and the sponsor one is on level 6 (£30m). My lowest component stat is currently 58%, the highest 65%, but it's not quite good enough to replace Ferrenzi overall - I do use my own Monocoque, which saves me a kg and gives me 100% stability.

I love how people can play it so differently. I don't think I'll be in League 6 next year though.

My oldest driver is 17, and has at least 4* in everything
Oh I didn't get the driver sweatshop yet, I've got old blokes driving for me.

Well, I say old blokes. They're both younger than me. *ahem*

I can't decide wether to put a few levels into second company to get the best one before getting my test track. I figure the money will come in faster with the second company set up, but it will probably cost £50M or something just to get it going.
My second company has so far cost me about £50m, yet it (a Merchandising Company) gives me 'just' £1.5m per race - therefore I reckon you'd be better off in the long run going for the big test track (and millions of testing laps to make your components quicker ).

You can either learn from my mistake (getting a second company so soon) or make it yourself and agree with me later
im bringin in -48 000 per race...uuh
just got sponsored with the construction place 240 000 im no longer 200 000 in dept

EDIT: oh snap i can't get onto the site anymore XD server busy i guess LOL
One more race, and a 5* test track is mine. Also, I will start using all my own components for the first time (currently Ferrenzi with my own Monozoque).

All my engines are sold for next year (one to me). Need to then spend money on research company areas, a better second company, and work my engine department for all it's worth.

I won't be in league 6 next year - more likely around 12, where I stand a chance of scoring points. I got NONE this year!!!!!!!
I've got about 10 races before I can buy my mega test track.

I've done quite well in league 19 against better-equipped opposition - I think I've secured 2nd in the constructors (a 14 point gap) with one race to go, but we had a hairy moment last race - "Mike Person retired (Broken Tyres)". I've never heard of broken tyres before - sounds serious though!

Is there any way to make engines develop faster if I've already got a 5-star facility, 250 engine elves and the top boffin contracted?
There is a school of thought that testing helps - my engines always finish with about 6 races to go.
Have you put zillions of squids into engine research though?
Engine research only changes the MAXIMUM value each stat can have, not the speed of development

Level 2 engine research means each stat can be up to 120%
Level 10 engine research means 200%

I belive that maximum any component or engine can have is 600%, so you can't have 200% on everything... Not sure if that applies to engines though.
Oh Tristan, don't be angry at me because I cancelled the contract with your engine last minute, there was such a nice right in front of my eyes - I couldn't say no
Not much longer and I'll probably buy premium time
Quote from tristancliffe :Engine research only changes the MAXIMUM value each stat can have, not the speed of development

Yeah I understood that it improves the potential quality of components you can make, but wondered if it also increased the speed of development.

BTW: Have you noticed if the weight of a component increases as the other stats go up? I've seen engines for sale that are 100kg at 60% weight, and others at 100kg at 70% weight. My engines are still in the 50s so I haven't had to deal with it yet, but I'll be bummed if the thing keeps getting heavier!

Edit: Ignore the weight bit - seems I've been smoking crack again.
one more race till my first year is over I have one all of my races with a 1-2 finish, when the drunk guy isn't doing 360s im no longer in dept . Any tips on making my own chassis?
Quote from Ricerguy :one more race till my first year is over I have one all of my races with a 1-2 finish, when the drunk guy isn't doing 360s im no longer in dept . Any tips on making my own chassis?

Congrats - it gets harder

As for making your own chassis, just develop everything as fast as you can. I use 11% on everything, which leaves me 1% free at all times. This way each component is balanced. For a decent car you not only need high stats and low weight, but all the stats to be pretty much the same across every part - that way you have 100% stability.

I think you'll be in season 5 or 6 before your own chassis makes competitive sense, depending on what else you try and develop at the same time.
uuh k...must start over XD..should i build for 10 races?
Up to you.

I've found that sometimes 10 races can give you 20% improvement, but 5 races might give you 11%. Therefore doing two 5 race stints could give you 22%, but it's a bit more hassle.

Personally, I use 10 races and test as many parts as possible between races to get them to finish early. This will be even more true for me in a bit, as I'll have something like 1600 testing laps each race
Quote from tristancliffe :Up to you.

I've found that sometimes 10 races can give you 20% improvement, but 5 races might give you 11%. Therefore doing two 5 race stints could give you 22%, but it's a bit more hassle.

Personally, I use 10 races and test as many parts as possible between races to get them to finish early. This will be even more true for me in a bit, as I'll have something like 1600 testing laps each race

Do you have a pro account? If not, how do you get the test track?
Quote from tristancliffe :I've found that sometimes 10 races can give you 20% improvement, but 5 races might give you 11%. Therefore doing two 5 race stints could give you 22%, but it's a bit more hassle.

It sort-of evens out I think. It might seem like you're getting better value for doing shorter development periods but the amount of development you get decreases as the parts get better anyway. So while you might set up a two-race development run and see you'll get 10% in race 1, but only 9% in race 2, if you did two separate one-race developments you'll get 10% for the first and 9% for the second. I think it probably works out about the same.
Oh crap, they've put me in league #9! I think I accidentally over-achieved in league 11. I'm the youngest team in my league again. And oh look, one of our competitors is using Midori engines. Well I wonder who's going to win this championship :rolleyes:

ROFL at Tristan in league #5. Good luck!
I just did 6 races in my first season. Went pretty well managed to score points in all races and had a 1-2 finish in the last race of the season. Went from 250th division to 55th. I would be suprised if i make it through this season though as at the moment with all my contracts im going to lose 750,000 a race

For the first race of this new season my two cars are 1-2 on the grid over a second faster than the other 3 cars that have qualified so far. If i manage to get some decent finishes and get some more sponsorship i may be able to cover the costs. Only have enough money for 2 races otherwise

This has to be the most fun online game i have played just wish it would be a race every 12 hours though as its very addictive
Quote from sil3ntwar :... I would be suprised if i make it through this season though as at the moment with all my contracts im going to lose 750,000 a race

Ouch. You should be saving money in the early seasons!

Quote from sil3ntwar :For the first race of this new season my two cars are 1-2 on the grid over a second faster than the other 3 cars that have qualified so far.

That tells you that you've overspent. Ideally you want to be winning the championship by the narrowest of margins - then you know you're spending exactly enough on racing, and saving as much as possible for improving facilities, development, etc.
now in the 47th from 231st rehired same drivers....oh no.
Quote from diablo21 :Do you have a pro account? If not, how do you get the test track?

Yes, I have contributed.

Quote from thisnameistaken :ROFL at Tristan in league #5. Good luck!

I was hoping to go down a league or two, not up one, so as you say I'm going to need a lot of luck!!!

I'm using my own chassis and my own engine now, so I've just got to push with development, and get any increases I can. I'll probably put components on shorter development lengths so I can get minor improvements more often and try to catch up.

Two other teams have qualified so far, and I'm a second slower than the guy in 4th! Ouchie!!!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Ouch. You should be saving money in the early seasons!

That tells you that you've overspent. Ideally you want to be winning the championship by the narrowest of margins - then you know you're spending exactly enough on racing, and saving as much as possible for improving facilities, development, etc.

but wheres the fun in saving

I have around 1.3million in the bank and with a few more sponsors coming it should all settle down especially with some good results. I'll change my strategy next season
No fun in saving, but even less fun not being competative in a couple of seasons because everyone else has saved enough money for better facilites. Then you try and catch up, and everyone is using their own chassis @ 80% and their own 1000hp engines whilst you are still bumming around with bought in stuff trying to get a level 5 HQ...

But the real fun, imo, is how differently other people play the game. I play it my way, and I've made a few mistakes. I think your way is stupid, and you might think my way is stupid, but I doubt you think your way is stupid, and I don't think my way is... But at the end of the day we might end up racing together, and then we see which was 'better' in a given season...
I made my mistakes as soon as i started the game. I had no idea what i was doing and didnt hire anyone other than one driver so i had no sponsors until the last 2 races. Im tempted to start over but i want to see how far i cant take it now

GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG