The online racing simulator
GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
Don't know HOW I managed it, but up to 14th division this term...why cant they DROP me a few divisions so I can win some races???
Well, I'm up by one division, but most opponents have two or more years in the sport, so I guess I won't win much either .

Nice engine, tristan. too bad I already contracted one for this season which is a tad worse but more expensive .
Quote from Bladerunner :Don't know HOW I managed it, but up to 14th division this term...why cant they DROP me a few divisions so I can win some races???

WHAT?! i finished higher then you and im in a lower division!!
It's not just based on championship positions, but takes into account earnings, spendings, development, facilities, research and second companies. To progress, develop your team as well as your results.
I got a question for you experienced GPMPlers:

When you put a driver through the young driver programme (ydp) and then promote him to your team, for how many seasons will this guy have the low salary?

Thing is, the driver I put through ydp cost me 31k for the first season. But in his second season (which is now) he costs me 556k. Somebody on the GPMP-board said, that this is not the case with his driver. He's spending 12k per race and has spent that much for the last three seasons...

Anybody know what could be the issue here?
Quote from Linsen :I got a question for you experienced GPMPlers:

When you put a driver through the young driver programme (ydp) and then promote him to your team, for how many seasons will this guy have the low salary?

Thing is, the driver I put through ydp cost me 31k for the first season. But in his second season (which is now) he costs me 556k. Somebody on the GPMP-board said, that this is not the case with his driver. He's spending 12k per race and has spent that much for the last three seasons...

Anybody know what could be the issue here?

Make sure you select auto-renew contract while he is still on a low wage.
I created an account, lets see how I do
Quote from Bladerunner :Make sure you select auto-renew contract while he is still on a low wage.

Well, I did that.

Any other suggestions?

Update: According to El Christoph, it's supposed to be that way -- meaning, the driver you put through ydp is supposed to be expensive the second time you contract him. If that is not the case with your ydp-driver, it's probably a glitch and you can consider yourself lucky .
How do I paint my cars?
i have no money and cant race, how do i race? or i need to start again? im in 33th division and im going up in divisions without racing
I think you need to reset your account and start over, chanoman.

@tristancliffe: Would you happen to have an engine on sale for next season? Something around the 180% mark on bhp and rpm (rather 185% than 175% actually)?
I got one contract ending in the end of this season, and I might offer a 190/184/79/100 engine for sale. I can password it for you. What would you pay?
I might be able to help, but my engine department is full (5 contracts). If I'm lucky I'll get a cancellation, in which case I'll let you know.
I've reached the limit of my engine building. I can only increase it by 1% per stage now, which isn't all that speedy. But the subscription price seems a little excessive for what the game is. A system like BATracer has would probably work better and get more people to pay up too.

My current engine is sitting at 792hp/ 16.9k RPM / 108kg / 83%. At 1% per race it's going to take a long time to get that built up
@Blackout: Thx for the offer. The only thing that worries me is the reliability. And weight seems a little high, but since that supposedly does not make much of a difference, it might be okay.

@tristan: Thx, maybe I'm lucky.

As for my budget: Since I'm still saving up for 5-star facilities and my chassis is still not good enough to use it, I was hoping to get a deal for not more than 2.5 million (less would be better, of course ).
If I get to cancel a contract I'd have a 180/130/100/130 on sale, under 2m. Still working on my beast
For guys on a lower budget in the bottom end of the leagues (30 and over ) I have a 120/120/100/100 engine that I can knock out for a Mill.
Will soon be getting some 130/130/100/100, but they look like costing around 1.1 Mill.

(Got to make SOME profit )
The Pit calculator doesn't seem to work anymore
Noooooo!

Kev, can you

a) put it back online
b) send the files required so I can put it on my site
c) link to an exe or something I can use locally.

I use this calculator a lot. I'd win everything if it wasn't for damn reliability.
Yep, I can upload it too if needed.
Works fine over here, too ...

@herki: Thx for the offer, but I'm afraid it's a little too low on rpm for me (if I finally want to win instead of coming second all the time, that is, which I do).
I don't know how much you guys visit the GPMP-forums, so I thought I'd point out, that there will be balancing changes on saturday, or so. Most importantly, weight, which apparantly didn't mean much previously, will play a much larger role than before.
We've had a nice update

Includes holiday mode!
I don't know what happened but my team is new

GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG