The online racing simulator
GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
Me? In charge?! Gulp...

Yes, you can have it back Monday...
I be le mr. jones
Where be RobT????...come on and sign up, we need all the points we can get (currently in 2nd place in Club table!!)
wherehowwhatwhowhen? what do i need to do?

EDIT: all done
Quote from Linsen :I'm in!

Do we get any club benefits? Trackdays at discount prices, newsletters on rule changes, engines for half the market value, t-shirts and bumper stickers?

I wish!

I certainly can't afford to sell my engines at half value!

But if anyone wants to provide the above - PM me!
Anyone know whether there is a limit on how many sponsors you can have signed up? I currently have 2 new deals waiting to be completed but for the last 3 races they have been at 99% and still nothing?

I have 8 sponsors signed up already.

I am in division 18
There are 8 sponser slots on the car, so 8 is the max. Make sure you use the best ones, and forget about 3* and below.
Quote from tristancliffe :There are 8 sponser slots on the car, so 8 is the max. Make sure you use the best ones, and forget about 3* and below.

haha.. yeah

I was just digging around the eh? help section of gpmanager

I then saw my sponsors are full lol!

my question seems very noobish now
Ok ive asked to join, my team is noobed up now seeing as somehow i went into debt >.<
What happens when you go bankrupt? Cos i'm about to unless Chris can sort out my sponsor problem!
As far as going bust is concerned..I didn't have enough cash to race for two seasons at the start..poured too much into stuff too quick, but had to just sit around and reel in the cash from the sponsors over a period of time...then WATCH YOUR SPENDING!!!!
Grabbing 5 star drivers and engines at the early stages might seem good, but they soon take all your cash, and then you have to pay them for sitting around doing bugger all!
Quote from Bladerunner :As far as going bust is concerned..I didn't have enough cash to race for two seasons at the start..poured too much into stuff too quick, but had to just sit around and reel in the cash from the sponsors over a period of time...then WATCH YOUR SPENDING!!!!
Grabbing 5 star drivers and engines at the early stages might seem good, but they soon take all your cash, and then you have to pay them for sitting around doing bugger all!

Thank God for that. I'm definatley not one for overspending! I always calculate my budget excactly at the start of each season! - its just my sponsorship with Pesci Blu seems to have hit a stumbling block - at 100%. I expected it to go through and so my budget is higher then the income! At least all my hard work into the game is not wasted.

P.S I have engines for sale @ 280,000, 120,000 and 30,000. PM me for details of Special Offers!
I joined the club
Team Kei Office joined the LFS club :P

P.S. @ Tristan, just baught on engine of yours ( TOM S Toyota 06a ) for 5 mill
My team, Alkan Racing, just joined the LFS club. =) Do give me some pointers.
Im in my 2nd year, and i've switched to Jonda, BMM and Marathon as suppliers. Sure they're good, but i only get 800k profite each race... oh well...
Quote from Alkanphel :My team, Alkan Racing, just joined the LFS club. =) Do give me some pointers.
Im in my 2nd year, and i've switched to Jonda, BMM and Marathon as suppliers. Sure they're good, but i only get 800k profite each race... oh well...

I'd love to get 800K profit per race at the minute!!!

If you want some pointers from me (an inexpereinced fellow), then I'd say (more experienced people - feel free to disagree!!):
  1. Start developing your own chassis and engine as soon as possible.
  2. Never buy an engine that has reliability more than 10% less than the other stats (esp. power) I found this to my cost!
  3. Develop good relationships with other teams, esp. your engine supplier.
  4. Always auto contract your best drivers. They will improve quickly and their wage won't go up. e.g my best driver will probably be all 100% soon but his (or her - her name is Natalie! All my things about women drivers ut the window!) wage is only 250,000
Quote from Alkanphel :My team, Alkan Racing, just joined the LFS club. =) Do give me some pointers.

800k profit per race in 2nd season is very respectable!
Keep on like that, and you will see the rewards piling up!
My advice is get your facilities up as quick as possible, concentrating on your COMMERCIAL department first...get the money coming in, then start building a chassis. Even if it takes ages, go for one that will be better than the 'Supplier' one that you are using, then you can start running your own chassis, which will save you lots of cash!
Main tip for building a chassis...keep the grip/aero stats LEVEL...you also want to get the reliability up as quick as possible.
Example for 'level'...I had some components at 130 aero/grip, and some at 135...'balance' was at 85%. I changed it so that EVERYTHING was at 130, which gave balance as 100%...result, 1.2 secs per lap faster (on test track!)
Bladerunner: Thank you very much for the PM, I have replied if you have not already seen it!

Do you have to be a contributor to get a Test Track. And is there any other way to get more than 100 laps of testing?

Lastly, may I recommend Right-Speed's hard compound dry tyres - which are perfect (literally!)
I can't remember what tyres I use. Good ones. Dragon? Such details cease to matter when you are pulling in 47,000,000 pure profit per race!!!

edit: Yes, you need to contribute. Fortunately it's REALLY cheap
Quote from tristancliffe :edit: Yes, you need to contribute. Fortunately it's REALLY cheap

And you have the good feeling you helped the team running the site (since they have no ads)
Dragon tyres are not available anymore, afaik. They moved to the Zanardi server.

J@tko, how are Right-Speed's wets and inters and is the reliabilty of the hard compounds also 100%?
Yeah - didn't mention the other compounds!!

Inters: 88/85/57
Softs: 94/94/53
Wets: 88/85/55

I've had a damp & wet race and they've not failed yet - and good value!

Yes, the reliablility of the hard compound is 100%
Quote from J@tko :
  1. Never buy an engine that has reliability more than 10% less than the other stats (esp. power) I found this to my cost!

Not sure if I agree here. I'm currently loosing (for the second time) to a team that uses an engine with 200% bhp, 171% rpm and only 110% reliability. So far, it suffered only two engine failures within six races and is ahead of me by 22 pts. Okay, I was a bit unlucky to have one engine failure myself and one of my drivers crash once, but still.

edit: thx for the info on the tyres.
Have to pitch in with Linsen here..my engines (home built) are 150/150/100/105...(at the moment!) and have only had ONE engine failure in my entire career.
Currently pushing the reliability up a bit more tho, as my engine dept has to wait for lots more pennies before it can go above 150%

And Tristan...where you get Dragon tyres from? they not on my list (ah...seen teh answer already!)
I was just wondering, is it cheaper to build your own engines? looking at it from the development stage, research stage, testing does it work out cheaper than just buying an engine from someone else?

I have just signed up to a pro account but i currently do not employ any engine mechanics and I am buying an engine for 2.5mil

mad

GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG