The online racing simulator
GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
My mistake tristian, im using your engines next season. so after 8pm tonight when the new season starts maybe i can get first refusal
Okey dokey, I'll see what I can do...
#428 - Dru
Guys, need some help.

I'm on the Zanardi Server finishing Season 2 this evening.

I've managed to get 20 M in the bank, should i carry on saving for 5Star everything or work on 4star everything?

I won my division last time out, but this year have been trying to save money and get sponsers etc etc, but some buger nabbed me drivers for next year..... so need to go out with a few in experienced ones..

any tips guys for where to plough my dough?
It's all about money, and not results to start with - get 5* sponsors (though you will still have 4 or 5 4* ones anyway), and begin the saving up. Don't bother with 2*, 3* or 4* if you can avoid it, as you save a TONNE of money jumping straight to 5*.

Drivers can wait - although training them via testing is probably a good strategy, as long as you are improving your components in a balanced fashion.
#430 - Dru
Quote from tristancliffe :It's all about money, and not results to start with - get 5* sponsors (though you will still have 4 or 5 4* ones anyway), and begin the saving up. Don't bother with 2*, 3* or 4* if you can avoid it, as you save a TONNE of money jumping straight to 5*.

Drivers can wait - although training them via testing is probably a good strategy, as long as you are improving your components in a balanced fashion.

so far i've done what i've needed - i'm grading 2.5-3.2M in sponsership but not developing anything as my equipment is all 1 star, i think i'll wait until i've got 25M then i can start spending it on HQ and motorhome then the construction hall etc etc.

BTW to get a deconet engine i presume i'll need a 5 star engine factory right?
ive just extended my contract to next year for your engines tristian, just so at least i can "reserve" my engine. (R4R Racing is the team) now up to division 12 nice to see blade in the top 10 divisions now.
Quote from robt :ive just extended my contract to next year for your engines tristian, just so at least i can "reserve" my engine. (R4R Racing is the team) now up to division 12 nice to see blade in the top 10 divisions now.

Thanks Rob...hope that you catch up soon..I should start to slow down for a while now...not got a competitive engine yet..latest is only 160/160/100/150..and chassis is at 140/140/85/110..need to pour more money into chassis and engine factories..they are both only level 6 at the moment...in fact, ALL my facilities are level 6
Hey Tristan, will you set up the engine we were talking about for me?

Is that even possible if all your slots are taken for this season? I'm not quite sure if it is possible to put an engine up for sale for the next season, if there's no free slot for this season. Hm.

Let me know how to go about this now.

Thx a lot,

Linsen
Sorry, am totally full, apart from one slot for next season! Not sure how that happened actually, as I was sure I left a slot free... oh well. Apologies.
Quote from tristancliffe :Sorry, am totally full, apart from one slot for next season! Not sure how that happened actually, as I was sure I left a slot free... oh well. Apologies.

Sounds good, then, as that was the original idea. I wanted to hire your engine for next season .
im in league 17,I was not doin so good, then i saw a guy pwning me with Tristan's TOMeh 05 and I was like...OH YEAH??!. I just baught the 06a. going to wait and see..
After one bankcrupsy I'm a bit wiser with this

Anyways, I just noticed that I accidentally hired my commercial manager for next season when I meant to hire him for this season :doh:. Hopefully it doesn't cost me too much time with sponsors... Anyways, I've doublewon the first 2 races. Although I'm just in 37th division... Hopefully I get some money and better chassis after few races

EDIT: just found out that I did my quali with soft tires and it is wet... rain tires are on now, hopefully it isn't too late
Hey Tristan,

would you please let me know whether we have an engine deal for next season or not? I need to know, because I have to look into contracting something else if we don't.

I already pm'ed you about it, but apparantly you didn't see my message.

Thx,

Linsen
Woohoo!! 2nd 1-2 on the trot!! My team is flying at the moment, and I am only running a 160/160/100/160 engine! (the most I can build for a little while!)

Just for info..I happen to have one of these magic engines laying around spare if anybody wants one
I've managed to solve my financial issues (me not noticing that all my sponsor slots were filled when trying to get a new sponsor to sign!) and I have engines for sale! Best one will be ready next season priced at about 500K! (I might give you a discount if you play LFS!!!!)
Quote from Linsen :Hey Tristan,

would you please let me know whether we have an engine deal for next season or not? I need to know, because I have to look into contracting something else if we don't.

I already pm'ed you about it, but apparantly you didn't see my message.

Thx,

Linsen

Ah crap! Sorry mate. PMs been playing up. I didn't see one from unseen for a couple of days after he sent it (it was there, but no pop-up I expect).

I'm full. Completely. I'm really sorry, and I hope you find another supplier... I'm trying to get into the 2nd division, so it's all about making profit at the moment, as I don't have the pace to win against Lotus91 (despite 100% drivers, 200% engines, and 200/200/100/100 qually chassis & 197/197/100/106 race chassis).

Anyone fancy asking Lotus91 how come he's SO fast for me (I doubt he'll tell me!)?
Quote from tristancliffe :........... (despite 100% drivers, 200% engines, and 200/200/100/100 qually chassis & 197/197/100/106 race chassis).

WTF??? Why different chassis for race and qualy?? I use same setup for both, and can't see how it would make a difference
(I do use different drivers for testing and set-up tho..usually let 3 drivers do 10 laps each on 'set-up' laps, and fastest 2 then go for qualy and race..ALL my drivers are straight 100's across the board )

just a tip, but looking at your chassis stats... eeek! try getting your reliability up a LOT!!!
Quote from tristancliffe :Ah crap! Sorry mate. PMs been playing up. I didn't see one from unseen for a couple of days after he sent it (it was there, but no pop-up I expect).

I'm full. Completely. I'm really sorry, and I hope you find another supplier... I'm trying to get into the 2nd division, so it's all about making profit at the moment, as I don't have the pace to win against Lotus91 (despite 100% drivers, 200% engines, and 200/200/100/100 qually chassis & 197/197/100/106 race chassis).

No big deal. I found an engine for 2 Million today which is not quite as good as what you could have supplied, but I'm sure I'll manage.

Also, I've won every single race this season (and will probably keep winning), so my stats are looking rather good and I'm pretty pleased. I'm actually about to overtake the Kei Office team and move up one place in the LFS-club-rankings , too. So at least you've chosen a good time to let me down .
Im leading division 12 at the moment, i think i may get beaten by the end of the season but so far so good!
Quote from Dru :BTW to get a deconet engine i presume i'll need a 5 star engine factory right?

No, I don't think so - the grade of your engine factory only limits the number of engines you can put out to other teams. (I could be wrong though!) You have to be a contributor to get above 2* though

Amazingly, my team have just achieved their second win on the bounce - Just like London buses! We haven't won a race for 4 seasons, and were really struggling to even get near the podium in the first 3 races of the season. And also, please could someone help. The development on my new engine was going swimmingly, until the last two race ticks, where only 2% has been added to the engine stats. I have the guy called Tim something for my manager, and 100 assistants, but progression is slowing down! Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Quote from Bladerunner :WTF??? Why different chassis for race and qualy?? I use same setup for both, and can't see how it would make a difference
(I do use different drivers for testing and set-up tho..usually let 3 drivers do 10 laps each on 'set-up' laps, and fastest 2 then go for qualy and race..ALL my drivers are straight 100's across the board )

just a tip, but looking at your chassis stats... eeek! try getting your reliability up a LOT!!!

You can only have 600 in total on a chassis component. So 200/200/100/100 is maxed out.

Weight isn't really an issue - 100 is just about right.

So I have 500 to play with over 3 catagories of grip, aero and reliability. Reliability doesn't slow you down, so you HAVE to go to 200/200 for qualifying. But 200/200/100 (ignoring weight) isn't reliable enough to finish races. 190/190/120 is too slow. 195/195/110 is too slow. 197/197/106 is about right.

Bearing in mind in Divs 1, 2 and 3 (and maybe 4 etc), everyone has 100% drivers, 200% engines, and maxed everything. It's playing with the odd percentage that makes the difference. Lotus91 are still too quick for me though

Edit: Arse - left it with the qually chassis, so I get a double retirement... happens every time I do that. And I still wasn't that fast on the fastest lap chart (which doesn't count over a race difference I grant you).
Quote from tristancliffe :You can only have 600 in total on a chassis component. So 200/200/100/100 is maxed out.

Weight isn't really an issue - 100 is just about right.

So I have 500 to play with over 3 catagories of grip, aero and reliability. Reliability doesn't slow you down, so you HAVE to go to 200/200 for qualifying. But 200/200/100 (ignoring weight) isn't reliable enough to finish races. 190/190/120 is too slow. 195/195/110 is too slow. 197/197/106 is about right.

Bearing in mind in Divs 1, 2 and 3 (and maybe 4 etc), everyone has 100% drivers, 200% engines, and maxed everything. It's playing with the odd percentage that makes the difference. Lotus91 are still too quick for me though

Edit: Arse - left it with the qually chassis, so I get a double retirement... happens every time I do that. And I still wasn't that fast on the fastest lap chart (which doesn't count over a race difference I grant you).

OKKKKKKKKAAAAAAYYYYY

Got it
So what is wrong with going for less percentage of weight, and having a lighter engine to compensate? I suppose its the same problem of the 600 pts cap...so maybe a balance between the two?
It's worth looking at. But can be a real pain, because you can't subtract points from something, so I have to start at the last component that had, say, 95% weight (or whatever). My engines are pretty light now, so I might just do that.

Thanks!!!

Edit: Much as I hate to help out other player (in case you start winning against me!), but 74% weight seems to be the cut off. With the lightest engine you should JUST be underweight). So I'm now going to start making 200/200/74/126 components of everything, which might take a while. Even with 177% over ten races (and 1100 testing laps per race), it's going to be a couple of seasons at best before I'm done... So start now guys. Don't waste time developing more than 74% on the weight of your components!
Yay noone is active in my league!

I R Winnar
I'm on a roll. 50 pts ahead in 19th division and I passed Kei Office in LFS-Club-rankings .

Too bad I started too late on research. My engine development has been idle for 3 races now. After next race I'll finally be able to develop up to 110%, but I doubt I'll get to the next level before that engine is finished. Wasted time and resources, I'd say .

GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG