The online racing simulator
kar, iv noticed that that big pack does Not include the latest aston you made.

i downloaded the full pack just to make sure there was none i had missed from downloading seperately and i noticed that the curbs had changed, and there your old ones
That shouldn't be the case. I just checked the file, and they're the latest curbs.

You're probably referring to the fact that the earliest Aston I did, the curbs were simply a bit of added detail over the default curbs. Then when the new pack came out, they'd changed pretty significantly. I wasn't happy with those new curbs and I got the impression that others weren't either, so I tried to redo the curbs in the original Aston style, but from scratch using new photos. I released those curbs pretty soon after the 'new' Aston, as a fix along with a slightly more weathered road. Maybe you're confusing the newest curbs with the oldest curbs then?

Please send a screenshot anyway Jimmy, as I'm interested now. Maybe something's gone weird with the .zip or something. Thanks for your 'bug report'.

Heh, just stumbled across a screenshot of the old curbs, from the first Aston.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=476196#post476196
i have re-downloaded the sperate aston pack from a few pages back to compare the difference

and now im going to have to find the highest res/newest out of both packs so i know which to use lol

btw, you know your new bridge for aston, the walk bridge which is rusty, i dont think thats in the 117mb pack ether
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg
Hm, well I just pulled up the old Aston curbs, and put them alongside the newest curbs. They do look fairly similar, but you can see that the detail is better and more natural looking on the newer curbs (on the left), while on the right you can see the higher-res overlay blending in with the lower-res default texture, the texture is muddier/less well defined.

The improvements to Aston in the latest 'all in one' pack are better grasses- there were two grass textures which didn't make it into the seperate Aston pack, which are now in the full pack. And I've improved a grass and rock texture, which you can see down the left hand straight/start line at Ast Nat, beyond the wall. That one was really dodgy before. The other grass/rock texture, Ast_rock, has been cleaned up a bit as well. There are other improvements as well for all the other tracks...

Heh, you might even notice a bit of stray bird-poop on the big Michelin sign now! arrot:
Attached images
curbcontrast.jpg
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :the walk bridge which is rusty, i dont think thats in the 117mb pack ether

What? that new rusty bridge that`s showing in the top right of the screenshots you posted.... :P
Quote from unseen :What? that new rusty bridge that`s showing in the top right of the screenshots you posted.... :P

o well it must be in there then

btw the birdcrap on the bridge iv not noticed that befor haha
btw, any news on when AutoX will be done, its been about 6 months now lol

and btw kar There are other tiny improvements that no-one will really notice at all.
iv noticed on aston the road surface is different and the curbs. etc btw the compair of shot you made of them side by side, i pfer the ones on the left, there alot higher res? i thaught they was the newest
Jimmy, sorry I didn't see your post after mine.

All looks pretty correct. You've got the latest curbs and the rusty bridge I can see in the background. I was fearful that I'd miss something out of the pack, there are 102 files, and who knows how many textures altered, so I was waiting for a post like this to show up. You should see my .dds folder, it's a gigantic horrible mess.
Quote :btw, any news on when AutoX will be done, its been about 6 months now lol

Over to you Unseen... /hands over the mic
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :btw, any news on when AutoX will be done, its been about 6 months now lol

Well, you see, it`s like this. I was lounging about on the sofa one night, and i think it musta fallen down the back behind a cushion, and I forgot to look for it until you just mentioned it.

On the other hand I may just have left it alone for a while as a lot of the textures in the autox/drag tracks are shared with some of the other tracks, which Kar has been updating a lot lately. Now this pack is out, I should be able to get back into it soon enough. Hopefully along with all the other stuff that`s been started and almost but not quite finished.
Quote from unseen :Well, you see, it`s like this. I was lounging about on the sofa one night, and i think it musta fallen down the back behind a cushion, and I forgot to look for it until you just mentioned it.

On the other hand I may just have left it alone for a while as a lot of the textures in the autox/drag tracks are shared with some of the other tracks, which Kar has been updating a lot lately. Now this pack is out, I should be able to get back into it soon enough. Hopefully along with all the other stuff that`s been started and almost but not quite finished.

Well, i can give you a hand if you want mate, i remade fern bay somewhere with a sandy effect
downloading too

curious if i see difference clearly
Quote : curious if i see difference clearly

Thought I'd better write up a list of changes for this new pack (was too lazy to do it earlier I suppose ). Front post is updated again if anyone would like to see what's been changed and improved upon from earlier packs. This is all from memory so there could be a few things which I've missed.
Happy Birthday Kar :cake:
Hey, thanks Hrtburnout
Happy Birthday and all the best EK.

:laola:
Happy birthday and thanks for your great work.
my
god
your
old
:jawdrop:

Happy birthday thanks for all these wonderful textures!
Quote :my
god
your
old

So are you! Relatively speaking
[QUOTE]
[quote=sil3ntwar;495418]my
god
your
old
[/QUOTE]

Shhhh

Anyway, congratulation with your birthday, tho I answered very late. We have been waiting long, but finally someone released great twxtures for LFS, that looks great, and that doest use any extra time to load eighter
Thanks a lot mate!
Wow, these high resolution textures are going to get my GFX to The Very End of her life
Lol. Actually I didn`t notice any FPS drop when installing this exelent pack of hi-res textures, the only think I notices was a much more great looking Live For Speed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG