The online racing simulator
false start
hmm, I just got a false start just by standing in the grid and playing with the throttle, I didn't even had the hand near the shifter.

and the replay doesn't even show me the false start message...

see replay
Attached files
false start.mpr - 95 KB - 349 views
#52 - axus
Loving the handling with the preload (driving LX4)! It requires you to be much smoother but it's very rewarding.
BUG REPORT

Watch attached replay: I'm standing at the start, I get sent to spectate for a falstart. Thing is I never let go of the clutch. (In the replay it doesn't actually say anything about the penalty. I guess it wasn't saved - it showed up at the time though).
Attached files
bug - falsestart.mpr - 85 KB - 349 views
There seems to be smth wrong somewhere. LiveForSpeed.ee server isn't listed on LFS World, but it is in game. The people who race there - Online Racer Stats get updated, but not the Online Race Results page, on LFS World.
LFS just crashed when scrolling through the Setup-list. This happened online, Offline worked fine.
Also, adding 200 KG to the rear of the MRT is not recommended. The MRT spun off the screen, and kept on flying around :P
Quote from szyszek :BUG REPORT

Watch attached replay: I'm standing at the start, I get sent to spectate for a falstart. Thing is I never let go of the clutch. (In the replay it doesn't actually say anything about the penalty. I guess it wasn't saved - it showed up at the time though).

i dont see anything besides 'jeep' taking off early
Awesome work Scawen!

One minor thing I noticed, while you drag the handicap sliders, the shown car properties behave very "inconsistently". It's jumping back and forth between value-as-if-there-was-no-handicap and the ones with the current handicap applied. Just a minor thing, really.
Quote from AndroidXP :Awesome work Scawen!

One minor thing I noticed, while you drag the handicap sliders, the shown car properties behave very "inconsistently". It's jumping back and forth between value-as-if-there-was-no-handicap and the ones with the current handicap applied. Just a minor thing, really.

thats what i said
glad i'm not alone, i do hope if scawen reacts to this i'll get qouted would be such an honour
Quote from kiss me :that would be one hell of a strange driver , allso wouldnt he be disconnected from the server cuz in windows it takes a couple of seconds time before internet reconnects after the cable is plugged in

If the cable is unplugged for a short time, it works even in windows
Quote from ORION :If the cable is unplugged for a short time, it works even in windows

ah well.. cant u understand??
ur talking to me, whilst there's no school??
i dont think on vacation... acctually i never think
bug

Choose MRT - added mass = 200 added mass position = 0

The car will fly about.
Quote from kiss me :i dont see anything besides 'jeep' taking off early

Read my post carefully pls. I did say that the message of me getting sent to spectate because of a falstart somehow wasn't saved in the replay, hence it cannot be seen.
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :Also, adding 200 KG to the rear of the MRT is not recommended. The MRT spun off the screen, and kept on flying around :P

That could be fixed by reducing the amount of handicap available for MRT, 200kg almost doubles it's weight, that's a bit extreme
PS. It does not matter which end you add the weight, result is the same: car goes flying.
oh sorry..
it seems to be a bug cuz i aint seeing u leave early...
this is a test u know.. not meant to be bug free 'yet'
On false-start, is it possible to replace force-spec with just a dq? Dissapearing cars in championships would be not a good sight.
kiss_me: no problem

Detail : I think that even a DQ is too strong. IMO a 30 sec time penalty would be enough. But on the other hand I think it's a matter of setting up the server. Apparently on some servers the penalty is 30sec, on some it's spectate.

Oh, I didn't say this before: I absolutely love this patch!
not to rain on everyone's parade.. but the global ballast system needs to be modified.. u need to be able to remove all the weight from fzr and xrr, otherwise.. all the current setups we have, can be pretty much thrown away. it needs to be made a server-side feature, so a league that runs all 3 gtrs can enable it, and maybe even put different weights (80 fzr, 30 xrr) etc, depending on which cars are running.. i dont know if this is possible already, but i havent seen it in server options..
#68 - Don
Quote from detail :On false-start, is it possible to replace force-spec with just a dq? Dissapearing cars in championships would be not a good sight.

the force-spec is there for a reason, as a "wrecker protection" - it sends you to spectate if you move more than 4 metres from your starting position. So, if you do accidently a jump start like 1 sec before the green lights, you shouldnt move more than 4meters
i try again:
Noob question:
what is: Added preload setting to clutch pack differentials?
Quote from detail :On false-start, is it possible to replace force-spec with just a dq? Dissapearing cars in championships would be not a good sight.

I think people in championships will understand not to drive more then 4 meter after a jumpstart. Otherwise they are just stupid.
Quote from Shotglass :basically its just that the diff i locked to a certain degree when theres no torque going through it radially (ie from the wheels to the engine or other way round)

i know but which nerfs are applied globally ?

good enuff smurfen?
@ scawen - this is the funnest bug i have ever seen

This is what i did (well jonesy_ to be picky) i set the voluntary added mass to 200kg and added weight to 0% (front & see picture to see what i did). Then pick the mrt and you see what happens (check spr).

Hope this helps in anyway
Attached images
setting.JPG
Attached files
weeeeeeeee.spr - 1.9 KB - 335 views
Edit
@ Don & Frankmd: ok. IMO, anyway this should be a an option with force-spec as default.
I think for normal servers the auto kick to spectate on too early race start must stay to protect against wreckers. Hopefully they will be kicked faster than they can hit anybody.
This thread is closed

Incompatible **TEST** Patch W9
(393 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG