The online racing simulator
The small map have stopped the turning
The small map stopped to rotate, thats absolutely great! I love it!

Reset cars in online-games should be complete disabled.
use the reset buttons will now repair the car also in online games, this option is not needed and should be removed.
Android, thanks for the explanation, but what does it actually mean?
When you drive with very low preload compared to very high? Can it be explained in terms of how the car feels or handles?
wow,nice description,thankyou
why is there only showing w9 hosts? in the list of servers.
Quote from matze54564 :The small map stopped to rotate, thats absolutely great! I love it!

It's optional, you can set rotating on in options.
Quote from faster111 :why is there only showing w9 hosts? in the list of servers.

cause you can't connect to older servers. it's incompatible
Quote from tomylee :cause you can't connect to older servers. it's incompatible

oh right thanks.
Quote from Kid222 :It's optional, you can set rotating on in options.

but my suggestion was to stop the rotating, i found the setup option, thats right so. Without map turning is it more easy for me, because i know then that i´m in south or west and look fast at the right place in the small map. When the map is turning is this horrible for me.
Quote from al heeley :Android, thanks for the explanation, but what does it actually mean?

Ha! Well, that's a good question, and I can't give a definite answer to it, only guesses.

Generally speaking, it prevents the diff from going fully open on the transition between power and coasting (throttle on/off). From a car handling point of view, well no preload is as if you're driving with patch W, so for the old car behaviour set it to 0Nm. With preload it should for example battle the behaviour of one wheel locking up easily under braking, and a few quick test laps with the XFR seem to confirm that. Previously using a clutch pack diff meant that it was very easy to lock up one wheel under heavy braking, causing flatspots all the time (I guess it also showed as sudden RPM drops you get with a LSD under braking). With a certain amount of preload set, this seems to be greatly reduced. However, using too much preload will probably be like you're driving a locked diff, throwing away any handling advantages of the clutch pack diff provides. Again, this is only a guess, real differences will show once we get some track time down

Quote from matze54564 :but my suggestion was to stop the rotating

Err... before patch W9 the map NEVER rotated. The rotating is a new feature.
Is still allowed just 16 drivers on SO Spring1?
Quote from AndroidXP :

Quote from AndroidXP :

Really? My minimap is rotating since i play LFS (10/2005)
Quote from AndroidXP :Err... before patch W9 the map NEVER rotated. The rotating is a new feature.

No, thats not true. The still standing map (only triangles rotate and move) is a new feature. Now can everybody set how he love it. Thats really great Somebody like the rotating, and somebody don´t like it.
Quote from Kid222 :Really? My minimap is rotating since i play LFS (10/2005)

sorry, but i really doubt that.
btw, very nice addition on rotating map. everything seems to work fine for now. going to do other testing..
Haha, I just tested in an older version and... what the Christ, I never noticed that :doh:
Quote from AndroidXP :Haha, I just tested in an older version and... what the Christ, I never noticed that :doh:

Hehe
handbrake keep toggle
thats great.
Quote from faster111 :that be a bug then.

no, i think the devs used a little sense and realised it would be MAYHEM, plus the grid at SO3 would be MILES long with 28 cars, i doubt they'd even fit on the grid!
Quote from Jakg :no, i think the devs used a little sense and realised it would be MAYHEM, plus the grid at SO3 would be MILES long with 28 cars, i doubt they'd even fit on the grid!

yeah it would be mayhem can't wait for a full grid of 47 racers.
Quote from faster111 :that be a bug then.

no. On SO Sprint 1 & 2, as well as on AS Cadet, the number of cars in race is restricted to 16 automatically because these tracks are simply too short for a higher amount of cars.
Quote from faster111 :yeah it would be mayhem can't wait for a full grid of 47 racers.

48 connections, but maximum is 28 racers
Quote from keithano :48 connections, but maximum is 28 racers

oh so 28 racers oh man thats so going be ace.
Quote from faster111 :yeah it would be mayhem can't wait for a full grid of 47 racers.

There is a max of 28 racers, the 47 number is with spectators added.
Quote from Kid222 :Really? My minimap is rotating since i play LFS (10/2005)

So is mine! And I checked down to LFS 0.04Q and it rotated since then
This thread is closed

Incompatible **TEST** Patch W9
(393 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG