The online racing simulator
I'll give this a whirl in an hour.

I see the "no reset" option isn't here. God, I hope it makes it into the next version. I really like that LFS is becoming more hard core
Omg Scawen Thank You!
awesome

Quote from Scawen :Global handicaps for class balancing (set by master server)

care to elaborate ?
XCNuse: Thanks- sorry, I should have tried the thing first!

Shotglass: You can set intake restriction and ballast.

But my other point still stands, won't this disrupt a well-tuned track-specific setup and throw the driver off as the car will react differently to what they're used to with that setup?
#31 - d6nn
Quote from XCNuse :now can someone explain to me how preloads work lol i've never figured it out (wiki links or whatever would do fine also)

basically its just that the diff i locked to a certain degree when theres no torque going through it radially (ie from the wheels to the engine or other way round)

Quote from TiJay :You can set intake restriction and ballast.

i know but which nerfs are applied globally ?
Quote from TiJay :XCNuse: Thanks- sorry, I should have tried the thing first!

But my other point still stands, won't this disrupt a well-tuned track-specific setup and throw the driver off as the car will react differently to what they're used to with that setup?

In leagues it could be fun. You will know before you have to use extra weight in next race, so you must practice with that extra weigth in mind. In random servers i agree with you, it could be a problem to ajust setup fast
Quote from mr_x :I've noticed 1 thing with the handicap weight thing.

with the FXO the weight can be shifted forward/back even if the handicap weight is set to 0 and it seems to have an effect on the car too.

Cause there is already a weight balance from overall balance system. And that you can move.
Quote from FOGlegsy :Is there a reason why i cant unlock W9? ive just changed game password again to check but to no avail, stuck here in demo mode

It should work now, I forgot to enable W9 unlocking on the master server.
Quote from mr_x :I've noticed 1 thing with the handicap weight thing.

with the FXO the weight can be shifted forward/back even if the handicap weight is set to 0 and it seems to have an effect on the car too.

The FXO already has a compulsory handicap applied, even if you don't add any voluntary handicap.
And you can move that where you like between the front and rear wheels (as you can with a voluntary handicap).

Globally handicapped cars :

TBO class : FXO, XRT
GTR class : FZR, XRR
How 'false' should a false start be before you are forced to spectate? Driven a certain amount of meters or certain time before the green?
Quote from PLAYLIFE :I see the "no reset" option isn't here. God, I hope it makes it into the next version. I really like that LFS is becoming more hard core

Default setting /canreset=no

It only works in multiplayer.

Quote from Frankmd :How 'false' should a false start be before you are forced to spectate? Driven a certain amount of meters or certain time before the green?

You are forced to spectate if you drive more than about 4 metres before the green light.

For anyone who hasn't tried it yet - that is for extreme false starts, to stop wreckers. If you do a false start by mistake you get a drive through penalty.
What about removing a class-balancing handicap if the car is the only allowed on a host?
well just for those curious how much effect the restrictions have,
with some random set...

a full tank, unrestriced UF1k with full male passengers will have a 0-60 time of:
12ish seconds
same thing, but with full restrictions, a UF1k will have a 0-60 time of:
46 secons ...... LOL!
Are the global handicaps the same for every track? I ask because handicapping the XRT against the RB4 somewhere like Blackwood makes sense, but the handicap should work the other way somewhere like Aston Cadet.
Quote from Scawen :Globally handicapped cars :

TBO class : FXO, XRT
GTR class : FZR, XRR

maybe i missed something but can the server override these global handicaps ?
also it would be nice if you could move the handicap weight laterally to make up for the driver sitting on one side of the car
Falstart = Spectate :/ Its a little unreal thing.
I think its can be many better if Driver X who made a falstart got a extra time to his lap time I mean 01:01:01 + hmm some time for a penalty.

00:00:00 Start
Falstart
01:01:01 Final time + 00:30:00 seconds penalty its can be more realistic
@scawen

how to set the 20 spec slots ?
Quote from GieTe-R :Falstart = Spectate :/ Its a little unreal thing.
I think its can be many better if Driver X who made a falstart got a extra time to his lap time I mean 01:01:01 + hmm some time for a penalty.

00:00:00 Start
Falstart
01:01:01 Final time + 00:30:00 seconds penalty its can be more realistic

Yes but this is a game and if someone will make damage and won´t race clean he has to be stopped.
Such a false start shouldn´t happen.
hi scawen,

when changing the weight (with the slider) the weight doesnt get displayed correctly... it kind of flashes the current weight but keeps showing the normal weight(no additional weight) at the car specs... it changes next to the slider but not at the car info untill i release the slider...

just thought it should post this
Quote from CLRS530 :Yes but this is a game and if someone will make damage and won´t race clean he has to be stopped.
Such a false start shouldn´t happen.

Hmm.. sad but true So maybe, if its possible? Driver X maked falstart, and if hit some car, then moved to spectate? Or get a bigger penalty? Hmm.. Or.. nvmd
Quote from Scawen :For anyone who hasn't tried it yet - that is for extreme false starts, to stop wreckers. If you do a false start by mistake you get a drive through penalty.

I havent tested this yet, but does it also work when the wrecker is lagging for a short time, lets say by unplugging his network cable for a second?
So lets assume he unplugs the cable, then starts driving (not noticed by the server), plugs in the cable, and appears in another car.
Quote from sinbad :Are the global handicaps the same for every track? I ask because handicapping the XRT against the RB4 somewhere like Blackwood makes sense, but the handicap should work the other way somewhere like Aston Cadet.

No. And I know, you'll figure out why, cause I know you as a smart guy
Quote from ORION :I havent tested this yet, but does it also work when the wrecker is lagging for a short time, lets say by unplugging his network cable for a second?
So lets assume he unplugs the cable, then starts driving (not noticed by the server), plugs in the cable, and appears in another car.

that would be one hell of a strange driver , allso wouldnt he be disconnected from the server cuz in windows it takes a couple of seconds time before internet reconnects after the cable is plugged in
WARNING: Noob question
what is Added preload setting to clutch pack differentials?
This thread is closed

Incompatible **TEST** Patch W9
(393 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG