The online racing simulator
I've had fun with the engine editor, loads of fun I just ran a AI Oval race all with modded sounds, and its almost orgasmic

But I have a question: Is it possible to say, make the FXO have the BF1 engine file, for kicks and giggles, or XRR on the UF1 I would experiment myself but I am having too much fun in game to close the window, and I am in college right now
Quote from tristancliffe :I think a lot of people, myself included, are going to get a lot of pleasure out of this.

Bit of a shame Kid still acts like his namesake, but then it's been easy to see he's been on the edge of losing it mentally for a while now.

I wonder if there are other undocumented features. /edit_tyres? /edit_physics? edit_weather?

Well.. i've been testing out for some secret buttons today and this is what i found:

SHIFT+O = Player Options Menu
SHIFT+CTRL = Switch between show fps / time (while holding)(also hides names above cars when holding)
HOME = Reset camera when using camera from behind (for example if you drive backwards and press HOME then the camera resets)
CTRL+C = Switch between "free mouse when in full screen" and "mouse clipped to full screen"
CTRL+TAB = Switch between "hide results" and "show results"
/ = Enter a message with / (a command)
SHIFT+F8 = Switch between "network debug - On" and "network debug - Off"

Thats all i could find

Edit: found one more;

/Help = Displays all normal commands where you can change server options with (track, maxguests, ect.. see screenshot)

Edit2: found something interesting;

/key = then it says "This command needs 2 parameters" i tryed out what it was and this is how it should be used; example ; /key m brake (then m is the key that brake will be assigned to)

Edit3:

//(name here) = opens a script file

Edit4:

/run = opens a script file

Edit5:

/ai = adds a AI (works only in setup screen)
Attached images
Rikatnl-lfs-help_command.JPG
Yes, you can give cars other engines by for renaming for example FZR_default.eng to XFG_default.eng, wich means the GTi will sound like the FZ GTR or anything you want, worth experimenting with. Back up your engine folder.

It will only change the sound though, the engine specifications still remain the same.
Quote from (SaM) :Yes, you can give cars other engines by for renaming for example FZR_default.eng to XFG_default.eng, wich means the GTi will sound like the FZ GTR or anything you want, worth experimenting with. Back up your engine folder.

It will only change the sound though, the engine specifications still remain the same.

The other option is to load in completely new wav sounds on the right. You could do alot with that option =)
Quote from Viper93 :The other option is to load in completely new wav sounds on the right. You could do alot with that option =)

You can some things with it, but not much because the size limit of the engine wav file is only 8kb.
Quote from Viper93 :The other option is to load in completely new wav sounds on the right. You could do alot with that option =)

Trust me on this, editing that (in Goldwave), actually makes very very little difference. For example I edited it to give the file some mild distortion, and increased high frequencies. This only resulted in the engine tone being louder, and making random scraping (ish) sounds, no extra high frequencies. Again I would like to know how this sample is actually used.

Example: Save the "engine pulse" file for the UF1. Now load it with the BF1, and there is barely any difference to the engine sound.

Example: Save the "gear change" sample. Now load it as the "engine pulse". I would expect the engine to sound extremely bizarre, however all that has changed is a volume increase, and more bass. So...
R1K89 - read the commands manual, none of those commands are secret.
I tried to fiddle around with the editor too and ill post some of my sounds here.Please tell me what you think. I will only post some for now,because they are the only ones im really satisfied with yet.
Attached files
FOX_S0ul.eng - 198.5 KB - 517 views
RAC_S0ul.eng - 378.4 KB - 520 views
XFR_S0ul.eng - 272.1 KB - 553 views
I made 5 new sounds myself and apparently they're quite good!

You can download them here: http://chris-p.depenisvanjezus.nl/lfs/engine

If you are impressed, good, but as long as you give credit if someone asks them - if you share them that is.

I personally think they're just okay, better than V's originals (sorry devs ), but the RB4 has that bubbly/gargly sound which doesn't sound good imo.
Quote from Bob Smith :R1K89 - read the commands manual, none of those commands are secret.

LOL you got to be kiddin me... Then i have been looking for secret commands for nothing! :cry: Where can i find this "commands manual"?
LFS/docs/Commands.txt
I thought of something which might be improving the gear whine sound (and the turbo, for that matter)... Since it's also affected by load, why not make two volume sliders like the engine's?
Before we romp down the road of suggestions for improvement (regardless of how good the suggestion is), it's probably a good time to remind ourselves that suggested improvements to the engine sound editor are as near guaranteed to be discussions among ourselves only. Scawen's been quite clear that he's not - until further notice - about to listen to, or discuss, this feature of LFS.

I don't want to sound like a party pooper.. I just think it's important not to lose track of the basic premise that this thread exists on.. that the conversation doesn't and won't involve Scawen
Quote from SamH :Before we romp down the road of suggestions for improvement (regardless of how good the suggestion is), it's probably a good time to remind ourselves that suggested improvements to the engine sound editor are as near guaranteed to be discussions among ourselves only. Scawen's been quite clear that he's not - until further notice - about to listen to, or discuss, this feature of LFS.

I don't want to sound like a party pooper.. I just think it's important not to lose track of the basic premise that this thread exists on.. that the conversation doesn't and won't involve Scawen

I think you're a bit too harsh it's about people and ideas afterall. If a good idea comes up, I don't think it'll be ignored just because this is an unsupported feature. The discussion should go on, as long as people remember than it might advance in different directions.

btw, u did the stcc intro didn't u? quite nice
Quote from avih :I think you're a bit too harsh it's about people and ideas afterall. If a good idea comes up, I don't think it'll be ignored just because this is an unsupported feature. The discussion should go on, as long as people remember than it might advance in different directions.

btw, u did the stcc intro didn't u? quite nice

Sam never said anything about not having discussions. He just wanted to make it clear to everyone that any discussions that happen on this thread will end here Scawen does not want to take any ideas on this unsupported feature yet.

Nothing against people talking about it, just making sure they know it's falling onto deaf ears.
Quote from Viper93 :...
Nothing against people talking about it, just making sure they know it's falling onto deaf ears.

Well... I think that a good idea would get noticed, even if it's on this thread. Life just isn't black and white. Though I guess the warning is in place. To some extent
Quote from (SaM) :Yes, you can give cars other engines by for renaming for example FZR_default.eng to XFG_default.eng, wich means the GTi will sound like the FZ GTR or anything you want, worth experimenting with. Back up your engine folder.

Not true. The editor only allows you to 'colour' the tone of the engine sound. Remember that the LFS sound is generated from the frequency and magnitude of each combustion inside the simulated engine.A 4 cylinder engine won't sound like a V8 no matter what settings you change. Try swapping the XFG eng file with the LX6 and you will find that the LX6 still sounds more like an LX6 than an XFG.
Quote from jamesgp2viper :Not true. The editor only allows you to 'colour' the tone of the engine sound. Remember that the LFS sound is generated from the frequency and magnitude of each combustion inside the simulated engine.A 4 cylinder engine won't sound like a V8 no matter what settings you change. Try swapping the XFG eng file with the LX6 and you will find that the LX6 still sounds more like an LX6 than an XFG.

I said sounds like, not sounds exactly the same as.
Quote from SamH :Before we romp down the road of suggestions for improvement (regardless of how good the suggestion is), it's probably a good time to remind ourselves that suggested improvements to the engine sound editor are as near guaranteed to be discussions among ourselves only. Scawen's been quite clear that he's not - until further notice - about to listen to, or discuss, this feature of LFS.

It wasn't even a suggestion for the editor, but for the sound engine overall (which then would reflect onto the editor, yes)... I just thought it was too minor a change to actually create a whole thread in the improvement suggestions-section...
Here is a little something I think some people might like
If you don't. You don't have to say anything nasty either.

It's a quick video and profile to set the car up to sound as shown in the video.
The LX6 sounds pretty tough and the XR GT Turbo is set up to simulate the sound of a turbo car with no turbo compressor bypass valve (blow off valve or dump valve) as some of you know it. And no i'm not talking about the exhaust wastegate so please don't argue about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzaoOGmc_nA

Enjoy.

The sample for the turbo flutter was taken from a video of a VL Commodore Turbo that I found on youtube. So finding a better sound to make it sound nicer wouldn't be hard. It was just the first thing I could find.
Attached files
engine.rar - 512.6 KB - 3196 views
Hell, this feature rocks. Now my UF1 sounds like it should. Mean, growling and a small hint of raspiness. I hope this gets full fledged implimentation.
I've been playing around with this for a little, just to see what it'd be like, and here's what I came up with for the XRT. Sounds deliciously mean. Slightly reminds me of my FC3S RX-7.
Attached files
XRT_Tuned.eng - 378.4 KB - 1548 views
Quote from Crash Dummy :Here is a little something I think some people might like
If you don't. You don't have to say anything nasty either.

It's a quick video and profile to set the car up to sound as shown in the video.
The LX6 sounds pretty tough and the XR GT Turbo is set up to simulate the sound of a turbo car with no turbo compressor bypass valve (blow off valve or dump valve) as some of you know it. And no i'm not talking about the exhaust wastegate so please don't argue about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzaoOGmc_nA

Enjoy.

The sample for the turbo flutter was taken from a video of a VL Commodore Turbo that I found on youtube. So finding a better sound to make it sound nicer wouldn't be hard. It was just the first thing I could find.

how do i use it?
Stick the files in the LFS/data/engine directory
When in game press T to bring up the chat box then type in /edit_eng
Once that is done you can press Shift A and there you go up comes the fun stuff. You can load profiles and edit from there.
Hello LFS people
Hi,

This is my first ever post so please don't flame me etc.

Have made a new eng file for the BF1 - feel free to give me some feedback.

(Have set echo boost to zero to help with clipping on mine, but obviously you can mess about with settings etc)

Attached files
BF1_teeembo67.eng - 385.2 KB - 647 views
-
Who want other power sources in LFS? (scania) DELETED by Bob Smith : wrong topic

Real-time Engine Sound Editor
(221 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG