The online racing simulator
Quote :who is this person who was banned?

That was very likely KiD himself

@Scawen: Nice to hear that you don't mind too much about this. Now I still prefer to hear the cars like you intended them to sound, but if people want to edit them it's their call, I guess.
Trying to look up the page, but RSC is slow again. ARGH! Nice feature though, but it's a shame that it's not a great surprise anymore.
The RSC post is just a link to Kid's blog, which I am not sure is a good idea to post here..............
I was, until this, thinking of introducing a sound editor. I can't believe you guys would have hated me this much if i'd done it!

Now I just need to find out how to access this menu...
Introducing a third party sound editor is kinda different than revealing one of LFS "debug" commands that you just knew because you are/were betatester at some time
Quote from Becky Rose :I was, until this, thinking of introducing a sound editor. I can't believe you guys would have hated me this much if i'd done it!

Now I just need to find out how to access this menu...

We hate you now Becky =P Nothing can change that you UBER OVERACHIEVER!

(for all those that cannot see I was joking... I AM!)
It's ok, I can see you where not really calling me an over achiever.

The hate thing though, we're going to have pistols at dawn for.

OBLIGATORY EDIT:
Haha I grew up slinging guns you don't stand a chance you pacifist Uker =P
Bleh - I once played paintball, I can take you on!

Just before we do I need to ask, to get the last bullet out of the gun, the one that is in the chamber - this is after killing you of course - I do just cock the gun again right? And that expels the last bullet? Or should I just fire it into your bleeding corpse to get rid of it and make the gun safe again?
#35 - JTbo
That editor thingy looks like really nice, hopefully it will be added to audio options some time, under advanced button it would fit very well there
It should autoeject if we are using pistols =P But you won't be able to empty the gun, I would have to do that for you =)

I have not messed with the sound settings yet but it looks cool =)
Quote from Becky Rose :Or should I just fire it into your bleeding corpse to get rid of it and make the gun safe again?

A safe gun? There's no such thing.
ok Chris, you use a pistol. That's fine Because i've played paintball obviously i'll have an unfair advantage, so to make it fair I will use a stand in, i've asked Chuck Norris.
#39 - Jakg
Ok, i thought it *just* loaded .eng files, not create whole new ones! This could be fun to play around with!
Quote from Becky Rose :ok Chris, you use a pistol. That's fine Because i've played paintball obviously i'll have an unfair advantage, so to make it fair I will use a stand in, i've asked Chuck Norris.

LOL =)
Looks like he really went out of his way to "publish" it.

He even registered an account at our brazilian league forum's and posted a thread about his "discovery", heh.
Does changing the sounds lead to any kind of OOS, mismatch etc type thing online?
I dont know but I am guessing it just modifies the local files and therefore wouldnt cause an OOS. It only changes what YOU hear.
Doesn't seem very useful to me - after fiddling with the editor, it seems Scawen has already found the best settings for each car. It's the sound engine that sucks.
Can anyone point me to the post or thread that got Kid banned from these forums? Or has it been deleted forever?

Cheers.
Quote from jtr99 :Can anyone point me to the post or thread that got Kid banned from these forums? Or has it been deleted forever?

Cheers.

It was just a short self promotional link to his blog. The description how to get the built-in editor is still in the first post of this thread
#47 - avih
Just for the record, eventhough it wasn't exposed by the devs intentionally, I think it's welcome that some features are announced in "unsupported" way, such that people can play with them, and maybe some good things would come out of those. Of course, a mechanism should be in place to prevent online racing with physics modifications or other race-related stuff. Maybe even limit all kind of mods to offline racing only, but it's a welcome addition with the proper disclamer IMHO.

Should be interesting
awsome
#49 - SamH
My understanding is that it wasn't officially released because it's not ready to be released. Okay so it's a heck of an easter egg, but that doesn't change my feeling that it's a shameful betrayal that it was ever exposed by anyone other than the devs. It's a colossal abuse of privilege, and I'm really saddened by it.
#50 - Vain
Now that's pretty nice.
I had a go at it and it is a very powerful tool. I managed to achieve good results without using a software equalizer in a very short time.
I'll show a comparison when I've spend a couple of hours on it.

But honestly, Scawen, where did you get the idea for *those* settings?

Vain

Real-time Engine Sound Editor
(221 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG