The online racing simulator
The LFS Jaffa Cake Challenge
(348 posts, started )
I found Jaffa Cakes in the biscuit department of Tescos, not the cake department. Which annoyed me.

I'll do mine a bit later - poached salmon for tea, and I don't think eating a dozen or so Jaffa Cakes beforehand (practice sessions - I'm not expecting to get 12 in!) would help my meal...

I've been mentally planning my routine - I think I can do 5, maybe a 6th, but I've not seen those videos posted above, so I don't yet realise how delusional my estimates are. Time, as they say, will tell!
I tried 6. With a stack of 4, i'm 13 and are smaller than you, but it was hard.
Okay, I have done my attempts. I had two goes, but I won't spoil the results for you...

But I warn you, this is the most stupid thing I'll probably ever EVER post on the net, and I look like a senile cow whilst chewing. I know I'll never live it down, but it's all in the name of humour right?

Link (right click, save as...) 32.5MB
Quote from tristancliffe : it's all in the name of humour right?

Tristan is disqualified for bringing the sport into disrepute!

And I'm also fining you 50p. You can take it off the price you give me for that TrackIR unit when you eventually get around to selling it to me.
:sadbanana
Quote from tristancliffe ::sadbanana

I'm laughing my arse off imagining a chastised F1 team sending that smiley to Max Mosley.
Tristan has been reinstated because he was adjudged to be taking the task appropriately seriously in his video. Tristan scores: SIX!
Here is my attempt.

I got the same number twice, but I didn't show the Jaffas clearly the first time round.

I tried to go for one extra at the end, but it came out So I settled for........

drum roll please......................... 7

http://www.themurrays.vispa.com/jaffa.avi
Bogey's score: DISQUALIFIED!

I'm sorry but, between 1:00 and 1:38 there are numerous infractions. I'm not entirely convinced that Rule #4 was observed following the insertion of cake 7. Rule #6 is violated by cake numbers 8 and 7 during the frontal "wall" collapse. And rule #2 is also violated when cake 7 is badly damaged upon reinsertion. With all of this activity, it seems Rule #5 may also have been infringed during the run.

Such a shame because you chew with great panache after that, and I thought the musical accompaniment gave it a certain artistic merit.

Tristan still leads!
Right, ill upload my first attempt which has the same number, might be better footage.

I will upload it tomorrow! I gotta goto bed now!
Given that you have consumed two packets of Jaffa Cakes (more than the recommended annual allowance) I may allow a second attempt. Take a bucket to bed with you!
:)
This is very funny to watch

Tristan's attempt(s) really takes the veiwer through the details of what is required to compete in the - what I guess can only be described as - "demanding" LFS Jaffa Cake Challengd. He managed to send across a sense of involvement to the viewer so that , just by watching I felt I was doing something to help him gain that extra jaffa cake totalling at 6 , after his first trial attempt.

MBM didnt do too bad I thought , but I realise it is quite a fair point that the period of time between entry and consumption could throw rule 5 into the spotlight indeed.

Thinking about it ...

Why the hell is this topic being taken more seriously than most LFS-related topics I find in this forum lolol , clearly people have their priorities IN ORDER

Calum
Bugger, I've wet myself laughing at these last few posts.

(I haven't really, but it conveys how funny I think it is)... I might attempt a legal 7 tomorrow

Edit: Just watched Bogey's attempt, and it's hilarious. I must admit that the addition cakes are illegal and render the attempt void.
hahahaha, man watching those vids makes me wanna enter! Might pick some up tomorrow and have a go.....
lolol
well I think all who have seen your vid are behind you m8 for sure.

Quote :As a supporter of Tristan , I know how much preperation he has put into this event - about 10 or so minutes since he first read the topic on the forum - so that shows how badly he wants this title. I can see this being a real challenge for all competitors , the intricacies of this sport are particularly important , as seen in the rules and this means he will have to be " top of his game " ( roughly translates as " out of his mind " ) to go for a new PB tommorow. Good luck to him though.

Quote from Calum :He managed to send across a sense of involvement to the viewer so that , just by watching I felt I was doing something to help him gain that extra jaffa cake totalling at 6 , after his first trial attempt.

the thought of him doing all that while not wearing pants was strangely arousing too
I might not post mine. It violated alot of rules. And I only did 4.
Quote :the thought of him doing all that while not wearing pants was strangely arousing too

well , hell yeah but I just didnt wanna be the first to say it

Calum
Quote from nutty boy :I might not post mine. It violated alot of rules. And I only did 4.

You must have quite an inferior mouth!
Quote :You must have quite an inferior mouth!

LMAO at the general randomness and yet complete seriousness of this qoute and this whole topic !.

Calum
edit: the quote wasnt random, he was refering to nutty boy only being able to do 4, hence the inferior mouth!

ok ive done my attempt..... but the video is 380mb! will need to compress and resize it to make it a more suitable size....

i managed to get through all 24 cakes from the twin pack.... ooooo feeel unwell

mad
Quote :the quote wasnt random

I understand / can see that but I mean the tone of the post , he simply put those words in and nothing else , and that for me made it funny.

Calum
Quote from Madman_CZ :i managed to get through all 24 cakes from the twin pack.... ooooo feeel unwell

Bogey also consumed 24 jaffa cakes in his quest for glory and as far as I know he's still alive, so you should be OK. Although I would not recommend that anybody eat more than that.

Do we know if Bob Smith is going to compete yet?
ermm last time i heard he mentioned he was entering, i know Bob quite well and i know he loves his cookies, biscuits, muffins so for Bob not to enter would mean something is wrong!!! and yes he does usually like to take part in silly challenges...

i ll try and get him to post a vid... in the mean time i need to resize and compress mine....

btw a full 24 pack of mcvities jaffa cakes = 1104 calories!

mad
Quote from Madman_CZ :btw a full 24 pack of mcvities jaffa cakes = 1104 calories!

:eek:

I'm laughing like a girl... glad I'm home alone today.

I was going to send the winner a king's ransom in quality biscuits, but perhaps a shirt with vertical stripes would be more appropriate.

The LFS Jaffa Cake Challenge
(348 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG