The online racing simulator
The LFS Jaffa Cake Challenge
(348 posts, started )
After careful review of Tristan Cliffe's video, I can confirm that no rules were broken at all.

Note: This browsing session done in lynx
Mine is being uploaded to Youtube now. I will do another later probarbly.
Quote from thisnameistaken :That doesn't make you any less freakish and scary!

I've got you on the competitors list, but haven't heard you talk up your own attempt yet - are you still in?

Uhm, I'm still practising
Quote from nutty boy :Mine is being uploaded to Youtube now. I will do another later probarbly.

waiting to watch it
What I love about this thread is Kev's ability to get a whole load of folks to jump on a bandwagon pretty much guaranteed to make them look like total idiots without even hinting that he intends to make himself look similarly stupid.

Kev mate for God's sake don't stand for Prime Minister
Link taken down to avoid my friends downloading it

Broke alot of rules so i'll do it again.
Quote from nutty boy :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwqSw4kNRTw

Broke alot of rules so i'll do it again.

Your head is too small to even do four? Get out of the game mate, you're done! Plus I was a bit scared by all the coughing.

DISQUALIFIED for using damaged jaffas, cakehole boundary infractions and fingeroid masticatulative assistancism.
lol nutty boy... plz stop trying, dont want a jaffa cake fatality on our hands!!

for quite an entertaining vid though...
I'm trying again. I can do four definately.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Your head is too small to even do four? Get out of the game mate, you're done! Plus I was a bit scared by all the coughing.

DISQUALIFIED for using damaged jaffas, cakehole boundary infractions and fingeroid masticatulative assistancism.

I don't believe he ever actually touched the cakes while he was chewing them. It was quite skillful to keep that large piece from falling out. I might be misunderstanding the rules, but I thought the cakes only had to be wholly in the mouth pre mastication stage.

Can't argue with the damaged Jaffas part though
Quote from 96 GTS :I don't believe he ever actually touched the cakes while he was chewing them. It was quite skillful to keep that large piece from falling out. I might be misunderstanding the rules, but I thought the cakes only had to be wholly in the mouth pre mastication stage.

Can't argue with the damaged Jaffas part though

I know but I couldn't use anymore at the time. I have booked 4 though so i'll try again.

"It was quite skillful to keep that large piece from falling out."

Thanks
Quote from 96 GTS :It was quite skillful to keep that large piece from falling out. I might be misunderstanding the rules, ...

Or not reading the rules at all! Rule 6:

All confection must remain fully within the bounds of the mouth during the attempt. If any cake or cakes is pushed out beyond the perimeter outlined in rule #4 during the mastication stage, the attempt will be declared void.

That means "No jaffa turtle-heads".
Dammit, having massive video/audio synch issues. I've got the video of myself and my house mate, but the video is 14 minutes long and the audio only 12... need to synch it up before posting. Probably cut a little out too.

I have managed to keep the audio in synch by using WDM interface, but the FPS drops to 3 (instead of ~14) which isn't good either. Dammit.
I have a second video. Sorry, it's a bit dark but I have the light on so...

I don't think I broke any rules.

Is being posted on Youtube now.

Again, taken down to stop friends finding my embarassing past

There. Hopefully no violations of rules.
nutty boy - your link is knacked. I fixed it for you.

I think i'm going to have to re-attempt tomorrow, the video is kinda dark due to insufficient lighting, and the audio and video is all over the place. Having spent a couple of hours playing with things, I'm hoping tomorrow's attempt will record better...

Edit: added a teaser video to tide those people who can't wait until tomorrow.
Thanks for correcting the link Bob.

I'll check out your video later.
i give up - 3 almost killed me!
3. I fitted 4 in and i'm younger than you.
arghhhhhh :vomit: dont wanna see/smell/eat any more Jaffa Cakes! I am not a sweet food person, I am more known for my crisp eating exploits..... I have just gone through another 24 pack of Jaffa Cakes....I have made 3 attempts which i have recorded and now i am trying to encode to make it more suitable size... whole vid is around 11 minutes long..... 2 attempts are void and even the last one is questionable... atleast i can say i tried!

edit: ok.. video is uploaded its 8.86mb thanks to Bob giving me a few pointers on compression with vdub....cheers Bob
Here is more Jaffa Cake Death

mad
Weee (11.36MB)
Only 5 though. Damn my small mouth / choke reflexes.

The video still keeps going out of synch though, up to about 2 seconds either way throughout the footage.

Still have 10 left though... might try for 6 again tonight/tomorrow
i just wanted to note that bob and tristan somehow managed to switch their voices
Where has Kev disappeared to today. I don't know if i've been D/Qued for my second attempt yet.
I'm biased, but I think your 4 will just about stand, although the lighting in the video may be considered sub-standard for proper ajudication...

The LFS Jaffa Cake Challenge
(348 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG