The online racing simulator
Quote :I don't know why that would be. In a quick test here it did work. I only tested on my local computer, joining a local server on the same computer. I was able to enter "localhost" or my network computer name and it did join.

EDIT: Was there any kind of message, in the chat or a dialog, when you click GO?

Sorry - Of course the issue was on my side. :-) Everything works as expected.

The test device (notebook) was in the wrong DNS domain and get a wrong (public) IP for the hostname. Perhaps a message can help that the entered hostname resolves to a public instead to an allowed private IP, if "LAN" is selected? Smile
#77 - R-to
Scawen in normal racing i guess everybody want to setup different kinds of racing formats. Knockuot 3 session qualify like in Formula 1 and you can setup way you want it. Flying start?, race1 starting grid oder from qualify and race2 reverse grid order start from qualify. Maybe you can add race3 and race4 if somebody wants and modify those also way he wants. What i mean that give all the options and more for racing how to setup different kind of formats to race. There are plenty variations for those what make multiplayer racing and different kind of racing series to arrange own special styles to setup races.
All I want now is to get this update finished as soon as possible so it can become the official version and then I can get back to the development version. I'm not looking for new off-topic suggestions now.
Quote from Scawen :Maximum number of layout objects increased to 2400

Is this object limit determined by some specific system limitation, or is it a user-defined treshold to avoid layouts loading forever?

Also a small suggestion (this should be matter of minutes if accepted) - would it be possible to add a simple, big flat plane of tarmac into the game? Just a flat land where we can build bigger layouts on. The carparks we have are too small for some more meaningful layouts or track replicas and floating concrete layouts look very stupid imo. Just a big flat area with no boundaries or environment would be extremely helpful.
#80 - R-to
4. Maybe FXR and XFR same style RX/DRIFT config with rwd conversion...

Is there a chance to make FXR and XFR also rwd drift 60 degree steering angle conversion that we can have lager group of GTR drift cars?
#81 - R-to

I dont know how hard will it be, but it will be so much fun if you can change in the garage in your configuratio mode: drift car engine and maybe tweak the powerband by yourself in the game just putting numbers example 500hp @ 7200rpm and 600nm @ 4500rpm and that you will get then. All GTR cars has option to change engine and you can chose i4 turbo, i5 or vr5 turbo - i6 or v6 or vr6 na/turbo, v8 na/turbo, v10 na/turbo, wankel 2,3 and 4 rotor, boxer 4 and 6 cylinder you name it... with their realistic engine sounds and their own powerband curves, Is that too hard to do Tongue ?

In real life drifting competition there is no horsepower limit. You can have 500hp or 1500hp in your motor. Only the tyres sizes are the limit how much you can put power to the ground.

Im full of ideas, but its too bad that those are in my head and i dont know how hard is to modify the game.. But that i know that if it can do, the game will grow faster and gets more popular again.
You guys are asking for too much lmao
I just want to know if U19 works well or has any problems, so we can get the official version released and I can get back to the development version.
I had a quick one lap shot test on BL1 hot lap mode in U19. Initial impression is pretty postive.

FXR is quite grippy just like before, front tyre heat up very fast(obviously all 4WD have this issue atm so its ok) casualy reach 1:09 low without original setup change. (R3 100C to 120/111, 260km/h)

XRR becomes a little bit easily to slide than before at low speed when add some thottle but most of the time pretty balanced, casualy reach 1:09 mid without original setup change.(R3 100C to 125/117, 261km/h)

FZR has the best top speed. It's easy to turn-in oversteer wither out-corner oversteer on thottle. By changing setups serveral times I manage to reach 1:09 mid. Somehow tyre temperture is lower, probably because wider?. (R3 100C to 110/117, 266km/h)

I've also tested the same car with original and slim tyres. It turns out the average time loss is 0.6 sec per 1 minute.

But It do need more test I admit. XRR and FZR with unpredictive rear feeling,are worse than previous build.
Please make for XRT drift configuration where we could use not 100 percent turbo power but 120, lower tire pressure cuz in real life drifters use 0,9-2 bar.
XRR is feeling much more predictable and smooth thanks for the updates. hoping for something with concrete in it. Thanks for the love for us drifters.
Quote from neonmateo :You guys are asking for too much lmao

There's people that can read a room and then there's people asking for XRR engine swaps immediately after Scawen says that he's not looking for any off topic ideas.
Making the drift community as a whole look bad. None of my friends that I know want these ideas to be in the game (XFR Drift config and XRR V8 swap LOL)
Scarwen it appears the clutch still comes on with auto cluth off (XRR), maybe want to take a look

edit/ seems to fix after respawn, strange

can replicate it by putting it in high gear going low speeds.

But it has happened at high speeds for me to.
Quote from PopnLochNessMonster :There's people that can read a room and then there's people asking for XRR engine swaps immediately after Scawen says that he's not looking for any off topic ideas.
Making the drift community as a whole look bad. None of my friends that I know want these ideas to be in the game (XFR Drift config and XRR V8 swap LOL)

I wont go too far offtopic here to keep the thread clean but I was saying some people are asking too much. I know its fun to give suggestions but its important to be realistic
#90 - R-to
The proplem is we dont know what is realistic to do! The things what we ask are for the game some kind of tweak programs, but not in the game! So its must be close to get that kind of features in the game.. but again, i dont know a shit.. i just want a perfect game for me and all for us.
Quote from ELDemon :Scarwen it appears the clutch still comes on with auto cluth off (XRR), maybe want to take a look

I see, this seems to happen if you exit the pits while in game.

It doesn't happen on a race restart or going in from the game setup screen.

[with H shifter and auto clutch switched off]
#92 - w126
Was there any intended change between U and U11 (and later) that may explain 'replay OOS error' for an SPR with XFG and layout objects?
Quote from Scawen :...
Changes in 0.6U19 (NEW INCOMPATIBLE VERSION)

Maximum number of layout objects increased to 2400
XR GTR in DRIFT / RX config has H-pattern shifter
Handbrake strength is now separately adjustable
10mm narrower rear tyres in XR GTR new config
10mm narrower F/R tyres in FXO GTR new config
10mm narrower track width FZ50 GTR new config
Tyre size displayed in Tyres tab in Garage
FIX: InSim IS_NPL did not report Config

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/95016

wow, I did some laps in the FXR, and it is better feeling by far. More agility, more responsive, clearly better (almost matching the laptimes of U18 by 0.2/0.3s)
I did my test on BL3 with knobbly tires Thumbs up

I tried the XRR in the same config ... omg, that is a beast Na-na ! Impossible to not spinout the thing Big grin
#94 - Avc
Is possible to get an option to remove the spoilers of GTR cars for drifting thx.

And also something I thought would be cool, is have some sort of a button in the "Tyres" section that can load custom rims. And when a player gets online, each player downloads each others rims(They are very small in size. I think you just need .cem, and .dds file. The two together for one rim might get to max file size of less than 2mb. Avg 1mb per rim) just like skins and we all have unique rims. Once it's downloaded then stored it somewhere locally or something.

Well I don't know how it works exactly but you get the idea. xd
Hopefully its possible.
Quote from R-to :https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/680709795422273557/808343103181160509/rx_drift_engine_change.jpg

I dont know how hard will it be, but it will be so much fun if you can change in the garage in your configuratio mode: drift car engine and maybe tweak the powerband by yourself in the game just putting numbers example 500hp @ 7200rpm and 600nm @ 4500rpm and that you will get then. All GTR cars has option to change engine and you can chose i4 turbo, i5 or vr5 turbo - i6 or v6 or vr6 na/turbo, v8 na/turbo, v10 na/turbo, wankel 2,3 and 4 rotor, boxer 4 and 6 cylinder you name it... with their realistic engine sounds and their own powerband curves, Is that too hard to do Tongue ?

In real life drifting competition there is no horsepower limit. You can have 500hp or 1500hp in your motor. Only the tyres sizes are the limit how much you can put power to the ground.

Im full of ideas, but its too bad that those are in my head and i dont know how hard is to modify the game.. But that i know that if it can do, the game will grow faster and gets more popular again.

Maybe next update dude, that's a lot to ask for. It would be pretty cool but bigger priorates right now like the main update bringing us day/night cycle.
Quote from Avc :Is possible to get an option to remove the spoilers of GTR cars for drifting thx.

And also something I thought would be cool, is have some sort of a button in the "Tyres" section that can load custom rims. And when a player gets online, each player downloads each others rims(They are very small in size. I think you just need .cem, and .dds file. The two together for one rim might get to max file size of less than 2mb. Avg 1mb per rim) just like skins and we all have unique rims. Once it's downloaded then stored it somewhere locally or something.

Well I don't know how it works exactly but you get the idea. xd
Hopefully its possible.

These suggestions are out of scope of this test patch phase right now.

Quote from Scawen :I just want to know if U19 works well or has any problems, so we can get the official version released and I can get back to the development version.

Quote from Scawen :All I want now is to get this update finished as soon as possible so it can become the official version and then I can get back to the development version. I'm not looking for new off-topic suggestions now.

Scawen, is it confirmed that in the official version, it'll be possible to add up to 32 AI's per player on multiplayer and that maximum number of packets sent per second by each car will be 12 instead of 6?

I'm asking this because I want to update in-game help translations related to those updated things before you will release new official patch, but I don't want to display false information in those Smile
Quote from tankslacno :Scawen, is it confirmed that in the official version, it'll be possible to add up to 32 AI's per player on multiplayer and that maximum number of packets sent per second by each car will be 12 instead of 6?

I think that is true but I can't remember many test results about the 32 (ai + real) car per connection. It's possible it could change if testing reveals it to be a bad idea. But if it's all working well then there shouldn't be a problem. I think 12 pps is here to stay and don't really want to get back into that stuff now.

I believe online prediction and smoothness is improved a lot, mainly by:

- sending more position packets when needed
- sending tyre deflection in the position packet
- more accurate and frequent temperature & wear updates
- better initialisation of steering after each position packet
Quote from tankslacno :Scawen, is it confirmed that in the official version, it'll be possible to add up to 32 AI's per player on multiplayer and that maximum number of packets sent per second by each car will be 12 instead of 6?

I'm asking this because I want to update in-game help translations related to those updated things before you will release new official patch, but I don't want to display false information in those Smile

Good point, in this case, the English texts should also be updated.
This thread is closed

Test Patch U25: Multiplayer Updates
(352 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG