The online racing simulator
I would like to point out an issue with the brakes, they are very strong could do with some tweaking to be able to use them well for drifting.
I like idea that wheel in game make 900 or 1080 degress
I dont like fact that tires in XRR in drift spec are wider on rear than in front becouse sometimes rear had more grip than front (in rear life in my drift e36 i put always better tires in front otherwise i propably get instant crash while drift when front loss traction)
XRR drift edition need h shifter and get rid of this autoclutch

If it will be 'fast job' to make tires pop in temp like 500degrss will be better for everyone, it propably will be possible drift on R4 slick tires for more than 5 corners

thanks for making this for us

EDIT: when You select RX / DRIFT config and put like normal tires on it and You change it do normal GTR (like old confing) then back to RX / DRIFT tires change to slick idk if it is a bug or no
Looks like 60 degrees turning angle is too much for GTR vehicles
Driver arms do not turn too much turning angle in GTR vehicles, I saw this
Quote from ademcenko :Looks like 60 degrees turning angle is too much for GTR vehicles
Driver arms do not turn too much turning angle in GTR vehicles, I saw this

i just think how the hell You test this when You are demo user? why You stealing this game?
Tried it out. Tire sizes are good, although it shreds tires so easy that they're done in 1 lap. Nothing to be done about that though...

Only thing I hated that I had to shift with paddles while drifting, it's annoying at best. I would love h-shift pattern in RX mode.
In GTR cars with sterring angle like 45-60* hands of the driver are moving only to 450* degree of sterring wheel.

Did you have plans for new textures of cars interior? RB4 looks horrible...
*snip*

Edit: Apologies, it wasn't an identical insim, I had typo'd an older, bugged version into a config file. I will stand quietly in the corner Frown
Thanks all for the testing and feedback.

Quote from Racon :Edit: Apologies, it wasn't an identical insim...

Thanks! Lucky I didn't get round to testing that! Big grin
HeartHeartHeartHeart
It is just great Thumbs up ! I have finally manage to get under 57 in Blackwood rallycross (do not laugh, I am old now Tongue ) ! This was clearly a must for LFS : a performant car for rallycross tracks, hope more people will enjoy this part of LFS LFS

Thank you Scawen !

NB : Eric, do not forget to add a joker lap layout included on those tracks Heart !!!
Quote from Degats :For some reason, I'm only ever seeing Config == 0 in NPL

Thanks. I had only entered it in the 'request join' version of IS_NPL.
It's now fixed and I've uploaded U18 DCon with the fix.

Quote from Pasci :Hm... I tried yesterday evening the U18 version. I noticed that the hostname input for the target host no longer works. I needed to enter an ip address again. Is the new code accidentally not in this version? That worked great before (incl. U15; i didn't have time to test u16).

I don't know why that would be. In a quick test here it did work. I only tested on my local computer, joining a local server on the same computer. I was able to enter "localhost" or my network computer name and it did join.

EDIT: Was there any kind of message, in the chat or a dialog, when you click GO?
It is possible to open wheel cars (F1 cars) get also more steering lock? i just try FO8 at road super tires and drift so nice

i put SPR becouse i dont have any game recording program
Attached files
Jujek_AU1_FO8_^EUKOŃCZYŁ.spr - 82.6 KB - 142 views
Hi, dont know if this was mentioned before but, it would be nice that XRR and FZR have H shifter enable when enabling XR drift setup... just as idea for future ?
#63 - Gunn
Quote from Ped7g :so just report it to AVG, so they can fix their antivirus?

In my experience, reporting anything to AVG is a huge waste of your time. Instead I choose to trust Scawen.
It says Generic, so there is no problem.
That is a update that i wasnt expecting at all. Not muchly a drifter, but find it fun to drift XRR on this config, great work.

Just a bit sadened that FXR doesnt have that much more steering angle, because when you send it too hard on rx, it's too late Tongue

Quote from Flotch :NB : Eric, do not forget to add a joker lap layout included on those tracks Heart !!!

That is easily doable with the open track config on Blackwood. I've been hosting a xmas open for LFS France since 2 years with 2 RX typed layouts, and also used it for RC Events.

Edit : quick exemple here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_5HsQ76ktU
more videos on the same channel.
Scarwen while we are on the topic of drifting, can you take a look into the concrete surface, it is used a lot in some of the custom layouts that are built, but it has a very different feeling in comparison to the regular road surface if you could make it the same as, or close to the current surface of au1 or other tracks that would also be a very nice thing. thanks.
Big thanks for this patch and overall for work Scawen and others who help! I personally really like new GTR car possibilities. I think,that maybe can update almost all existing cars too for :
1.All type tires(for example street cars with slicks and where slicks are default add mud tires)
2.Ability to set more steering angle
3.Ability for using H pattern gearbox where default is paddle shifters(I would say that this feature is must have to older/cheaper steering wheels who don't have static paddle shifters),right now XRR must have...
4.Maybe update existing cars models for more detailing how cars looks.
5.In GTR case right now, there would need to add external hanbrake adjusting force separate from general brakes for drifters,where need smooth foot brake that can adjust right now,but then doesn't have working handbrake anymore...
6.For drifters and GTR's would be great that can add like tire frozer in server side maybe,to give longer driving possible,but that's maybe not worth of doing...

LFS is known for really open setting setup to play game,so in this case I personally think,that can add more stuff to existing cars and then players can set cars for their needs like game in general. And also I agree,that would be great to change layout object surface grip that would help for best use of it. Maybe there is way to add for servers some kind like specific limiters ,for example like tire types allowed,steering angle and other things,just wondering...
Right now I am happy for that what it is.

Respect for work ! Keep it up ! Smile
Quote from ELDemon :Scarwen while we are on the topic of drifting, can you take a look into the concrete surface, it is used a lot in some of the custom layouts that are built, but it has a very different feeling in comparison to the regular road surface if you could make it the same as, or close to the current surface of au1 or other tracks that would also be a very nice thing. thanks.

Concrete is not the same as tarmac.
I am very much liking the live replays. Getting about a 3-6 second delay when watching live and 3x replays. That time can extend a bit with some micro freezes on the replays but defiantly a help when race directing etc

Although I would love the delay to be a little shorted, this is very good.

A rewind key would be a mahoosive improvement also for replays Smile

(FYI on photo top left is Live other 3 are replays)

Thanks Smile
Attached images
livereplay.jpg
livereplay2.jpg
Thanks for the updates. The "new" cars are really fun to slide now. To be honest i had more fun in the LX4 and 6 than the GTRs. Is there any specific reason with RB4 and FXR staying stock lock? Making the diff 5% F/R, converts them to nice driftable vehicles so only the lock is missing to become fun as well. We have find the perfect balance to have both working(powerful) e-brake and normal brakes but except that everything is awesome! If you can add 45 lock to RB4 and 60 to FXR as well it'll be perfect.

Also despite the fact that FXR/XRR is sequential and we're force to use it instead of H pattern, i'm more annoyed that once you select upshift as gear 4th(same applies to downshift and 3rd), it removes the H-pattern's 3rd button, so i have to constantly change the controls whenever i swap cars.
Quote from DarkKostas :Also despite the fact that FXR/XRR is sequential and we're force to use it instead of H pattern, i'm more annoyed that once you select upshift as gear 4th(same applies to downshift and 3rd), it removes the H-pattern's 3rd button, so i have to constantly change the controls whenever i swap cars.

Pro tip: you can use per-car scripts in lfs/data/script/ to automatically change your control scheme to match the car.

I used to do that so my old G25 would auto-switch between H, sequential and paddle depending on the car's gearbox.
@Scawen and other Developers thanks again for the drift upgrades more variety is welcomed!
Can we get more layout objects added please, things like: apex, more signs, more concrete shapes and colors, more chalk options, more real life track objects etc.
We noticed we like the high speed stuff now, so more high speeds layouts will be made
Attached images
EC83F847-75DD-4381-993B-27902085BCCA.jpeg
501BED2D-59D9-46A0-BB20-D4668EB6E9A9.jpeg
6E9F15D0-5530-47BD-9AA7-C54FC7C5AB02.jpeg
65788CDB-FF53-4E3E-993C-2AC1662E0CF4.jpeg
Quote from Bose321 :Concrete is not the same as tarmac.

Trust me, we get that. But have you seen some of the crazy bigger drift layouts being made? It would be nice if it had the same friction as tarmac roads. Right now it feels like going from tarmac to ice where there's a transition between them.

I prefer the idea of a toggle for concrete friction or tarmac friction on the objects. That way both sides would be happy. Smile
Thanks for the feedback. I've now released another incompatible version. I've tried to sort out the most important issues and also tried to improve the balance of the GTR cars with the new configurations as a hard track racing category.

I can't change tyre physics or the properties of layout objects in this update. Those are more serious physics changes and I can't put time into that now as the development version is too different.

This update is intended to give more variety in drifting, hard track racing and rallycross. I'd be interested to hear from some better sim racers than me (that's most of you) how lap times compare with the GTR cars and how well the tyres work in the new configurations.

Changes in 0.6U19 (NEW INCOMPATIBLE VERSION)

Maximum number of layout objects increased to 2400
XR GTR in DRIFT / RX config has H-pattern shifter
Handbrake strength is now separately adjustable
10mm narrower rear tyres in XR GTR new config
10mm narrower F/R tyres in FXO GTR new config
10mm narrower track width FZ50 GTR new config
Tyre size displayed in Tyres tab in Garage
FIX: InSim IS_NPL did not report Config

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/95016
I have tested u18 so far. Doing some RX and drifting not yet very controlled. It is very cool to test it the same weekend I test my diy handbrake.
My diy gearbox should be done within a month. Can wait to test it with the H pattern as I felt the need for it.
The huge steering lock really make it for impossible recoveries and huge angles.
It would be cool to add a standard setup for the first time, like hard track and rally cross...
Great job.
This thread is closed

Test Patch U25: Multiplayer Updates
(352 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG