The online racing simulator
Quote from valiugera :Scawen if you make xrt to look lke this it will be very sick..

what shaders&textures you using?
After testing this patch for around 3 hours we found several questions:

Totaly understand that following points are very hard to change but still need to mention.

1. H-shifting for all GTRs (not only FZR)

2. XR/FZ/R has different suspension arms setup DoubleWishbone (XRT is a MacPherson and feels much better for drifting)

3. Due to XR/FZ/R wheelbase width car feels too agressive during transitions.

4. Wheel turning without hands moving after 540.

5. Pit limmiter is a NO Smile

6. Tyres are dead after 1 lap

Summarizing, this update is like fresh air in a stuffy room. Have to say thank you for beeing such a great support. My opinion is that XRD is the best solution in the future with the ability to configure vehicle settings more widely without interfering GTR class cars and grip racing. Drifting has become worldwide culture that needs its own class Smile Thnks to LFS/devs for beeing one of the best at it!
Its amazing !
I loved it, I can't wait for the official version to come, LFS will have great potential to have great events in the future. 😎😍
Some Drift testing. For me it works nice.

But some time inconvenient to change gears, it would be more convenient to make H-pattern gearbox for RX\Drift configuration.

XRR on Road super tires
FZR on Normal tires on rear
XRR on Normal tires on rear
Quickly tried some drift and rallycross with thoses new configs, it's nice and fun, actually kind of refreshing for the game Thumbs up

The only thing it kind of teases me is the XFR, I feel like with a 4WD config it would be a mad RX car Omg omg omg
Scawen this update is a fantastic idea and great for the community. But to solve all the problem listed above I think the best way forward is to leave the GTR cars as they are and simply have 2 extra cars XR drift and XF rallyrcross (maybe with 4wd)

At them moment it just feels a bit more like using LFS tweak than an offical release.

And road tyres on open wheelers - including the F1 car? I know the answer is well don't use it if you don't like it - but even having it as an option just feels wrong!
Quote from miata :And road tyres on open wheelers - including the F1 car? I know the answer is well don't use it if you don't like it - but even having it as an option just feels wrong!

It's alright. I think for BF1 it can simulate some roadshow situation and pretend it is wet tyre.Smile
Ran tandem for few hours now with many drifters. WE love it!!
things to work on:
1. H pattern shifter is a must! (XRR drift configuration turns to H-pattern)
2. Anything past 50 degrees steer feels very twitchy
3. Tire wear is way too fast on all tires even with 17 psi rear tires
4. Brake bias for Hand brake (specially on FZ)
5. Lacking front end feel (feels light)
Quote from martin18 :Ran tandem for few hours now with many drifters. WE love it!!
things to work on:
1. H pattern shifter is a must! (XRR drift configuration turns to H-pattern)
2. Anything past 50 degrees steer feels very twitchy
3. Tire wear is way too fast on all tires even with 17 psi rear tires
4. Brake bias for Hand brake (specially on FZ)
5. Lacking front end feel (feels light)

I agree with 1. (H Pattern), but everything else is getting a bit too deep. This was easy adjustments made with current tire and physics to open up this realm of GTR drift for us. I ran laps on WE with fzr drift setup and had no issues with hand brake or tires. I did not however, use XRR as I cant keep up with where my paddles are while drifting.
Quote from miata :Scawen this update is a fantastic idea and great for the community. But to solve all the problem listed above I think the best way forward is to leave the GTR cars as they are and simply have 2 extra cars XR drift and XF rallyrcross (maybe with 4wd)

At them moment it just feels a bit more like using LFS tweak than an offical release.

And road tyres on open wheelers - including the F1 car? I know the answer is well don't use it if you don't like it - but even having it as an option just feels wrong!

Did you just tell him to reverse his quick and simple adjustments and create 2 new car models instead?
Just a few shots from tonight
Attached images
lfs_00000001.jpg
lfs_00000002.jpg
lfs_00000003.jpg
lfs_00000005.jpg
Quote from klbbadd2002 :I agree with 1. (H Pattern), but everything else is getting a bit too deep. This was easy adjustments made with current tire and physics to open up this realm of GTR drift for us. I ran laps on WE with fzr drift setup and had no issues with hand brake or tires. I did not however, use XRR as I cant keep up with where my paddles are while drifting.

IF you had a chance to chase some one drifting, brake bias locks up too easily by adjusting brake pressure to add more hand brake, makes it difficult to stay door to door, clean chase runs
Quote from klbbadd2002 :Did you just tell him to reverse his quick and simple adjustments and create 2 new car models instead?

I think it’s a great solution for now but perhaps in the future after graphics and physics updates then specific xr drift and xf rallycross cars would be really nice
Quote from Scawen :
LAN:

Easier to set up LAN race: local IP address is shown on host screen
You can enter the local network computer name instead of IP address

Hm... I tried yesterday evening the U18 version. I noticed that the hostname input for the target host no longer works. I needed to enter an ip address again. Is the new code accidentally not in this version? That worked great before (incl. U15; i didn't have time to test u16).
Quote from valiugera :Scawen if you make xrt to look lke this it will be very sick..

it would now be more correct to return the XRT 36 degrees
and make a configuration change with such wheels for drift, it will be more logical + you also need to make a configuration restriction in the server settings

I'm wondering this shorten sidewall can make XRT a bit more “swifty”. It‘s feeling a bit heavy on cornering in the last 15 years lol
Can people just stop quoting the whole image each time ? It's getting annoying to scroll down the thread
Quote from A1rwolf :it would now be more correct to return the XRT 36 degrees
and make a configuration change with such wheels for drift, it will be more logical + you also need to make a configuration restriction in the server settings

Are You crazy? We all beg devs for make 45 lock on road cars and now You wanna go back? this don t have any sense at all and most people propably will be use xrt becouse tires at gtr cars with 60 lock last like half lap on fe3r
Hi scarwen so some updates for you,

The XRR really feels twitchy in comparison to the FZR. The FZR is very smooth and very enjoyable to drift for me, as for the XRR I'm not so sure something feels off about the car that I cannot quite put my finger on but the transitions are not as smooth.

I have found 10% restriction more enjoyable on the XRR for drifting comfortably.

Edit- with some editing of the setup it seems to be a little less twitchy but still feels very different in comparison to the FZR in terms of smoothness.

Also, the tires still seem to burn a little quickly, I would prefer the grip level to fall and explode the tire rather than reaching extreme temperatures and then popping.
There is still an issue in regards to the revs of the cars, if a person you are spectating is spamming the accelerator with the mouse the input can appear buggy and at moments even seem like a rev limiter.
#47 - Gunn
AVG reckons the new patch is infected with IDP.ARES.Generic.
Every 'virus in LFS patch' report I can remember has been a false diagnosis by overactive anti-virus software.
Quote from tankslacno :1) Did you ask Victor that can we test this incompatible update on hosts rented on LFS.net or do we have to use Dedi Host/create own server on LFS Client?

U17 is now available on the hosting services at this site.

Note that these test versions will become unavailable as soon as new versions / the final version is added and as such are temporary. And of course, run at your own risk! (ie. use only for testing)

The two new setup.cfg features canrefuel and showfuel are not yet configurable through the website, but you should be able to use them just fine in the game server itself.
Quote from Gunn :AVG reckons the new patch is infected with IDP.ARES.Generic.

so just report it to AVG, so they can fix their antivirus?
This thread is closed

Test Patch U25: Multiplayer Updates
(352 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG