The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :That is the priority, yes.

These are the last few days of this test patch.

The full version is coming soon and I'm pleased it is more interesting (at least for some people) than simply a more robust way to connect to the master server and a fix for skin downloading.

Fair enough, thanks!

Don't think that I'm not appreciative of the layout editor updates. For Degats, Chuck and I, these sorts of changes are especially welcome, just don't want to have a repeat of the connection issues we had last month.
Looks like IS_CIM packet isn't sent while online only in single player. Talking about LFS client to local InSim application.
I'm actually quite happy with the new version, Thumbs up so I'm carefully raising my view to the horizon. Skins and PNG have been a recent thing, how about combining those two ? Wink
I still do not understand why after selecting an object that has already been placed I do not see where I move it with my hand. Confused
We are getting very near to the end of this series of test patches now as I must get back to the real stuff I have been working until interrupted by the attacks.

Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Looks like IS_CIM packet isn't sent while online only in single player. Talking about LFS client to local InSim application.

I'll have a look at this, which is almost a bug, and see if I can implement those sub-mode states mentioned in your other post.

Quote from chucknorris :I'm actually quite happy with the new version, Thumbs up so I'm carefully raising my view to the horizon. Skins and PNG have been a recent thing, how about combining those two ? Wink

In the new graphics system that Eric is using to update the tracks, we have textures that use the alpha channel to control the shine level. So that would seem like a nice thing to consider on skins of the future but definitely not in this version.

Quote from valiugera :I still do not understand why after selecting an object that has already been placed I do not see where I move it with my hand. Confused

You can press CTRL+C if you want to copy the objects.

Why this is, I have tried to explain in a special thread: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/92152
Quote from Scawen :We are getting very near to the end of this series of test patches now as I must get back to the real stuff I have been working until interrupted by the attacks.

I'll have a look at this, which is almost a bug, and see if I can implement those sub-mode states mentioned in your other post.

In the new graphics system that Eric is using to update the tracks, we have textures that use the alpha channel to control the shine level. So that would seem like a nice thing to consider on skins of the future but definitely not in this version.

You can press CTRL+C if you want to copy the objects.

Why this is, I have tried to explain in a special thread: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/92152

I just wanna to see where i move the object when i select it before to press M.
Attached images
GIF.gif
Quote from valiugera :I just wanna to see where i move the object when i select it before to press M.

OK, you don't want to know the reasons, so I'll just tell you the solution:

press CTRL+C after you have selected the objects.
Quote from Scawen :...we have textures that use the alpha channel to control the shine level

This has peaked my interest. Having that available for skinning eventually would be brilliant.
Which has been discussed before. It's all nice and stuff but it still wouldn't be something which moves the world. Only one thing can do this which is called tire physics.

The DDossing started a full month ago, so another month is lost due to these clowns. Also, any major change without introducing a more advanced/secured online environment will only boost illegal activity more then it would help the legal community.
Quote from Scawen :In the new graphics system that Eric is using to update the tracks, we have textures that use the alpha channel to control the shine level. So that would seem like a nice thing to consider on skins of the future but definitely not in this version.

That's something that I tried to do some time ago, but couldn't do because of DXT3 compression on dds skins (when using alpha, it create dithered black dots on the texture). It would be nice to see it implemented in a future patch Smile
-
(valiugera) DELETED by valiugera
-
(R0ut66) DELETED by Scawen : spam / bickering
R17: a quick update with a fix and an improvement for the new InSim packet.

New submode values added for IS_CIM modes CIM_NORMAL and CIM_GARAGE
FIX : IS_CIM was not output on local LFS while connected to a host

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/92067
Quote from Scawen :R17: a quick update with a fix and an improvement for the new InSim packet.

New submode values added for IS_CIM modes CIM_NORMAL and CIM_GARAGE
FIX : IS_CIM was not output on local LFS while connected to a host

Thanks! This looks great, can't wait to implement it to Lazy. Big grin
OFF-TOPIC:

Is there a way to know when an admin deletes an object selection or modifies an object selection (X, Y, Z, Heading arrows click)?

When a selection is modified is the PMO_DEL_OBJECTS always sent prior to the PMO_ADD_OBJECTS?

I wonder if any InSim developer encountered this problem. I'm finding it difficult to come up with an elegant way to distinguish between the deletion of an object selection and the modification of an object selection. In both cases the PMO_DEL_OBJECTS is sent but you don't know if an PMO_ADD_OBJECTS follows it (=object selection modification).
I just realized the IS_AXM PMO_ADD_OBJECTS has the following PMOFlag when an object is moved/modified: PMO_SUPPRESS_WARNINGS.

Scawen, is PMO_SUPPRESS_WARNINGS a reliable way to distinguish between object modifications and add/delete?

EDIT:

Is there a reason PMO_SUPPRESS_WARNINGS is only reported when PMOAction is PMO_ADD_OBJECTS and not PMO_DEL_OBJECTS? At first glance it would be very useful if it was reported in both cases.

EDIT2:

I think it is wise to discard my previous post as well as this one. PMO_SUPPRESS_WARNINGS seems like a hidden gem that can be used in several ways Smile
It looks simple to add a new flag in these cases, one that is ignored by LFS but should be output to InSim. It's easy for me to locate those cases where a modification or move is taking place (where it sends a delete immediately followed by add).

What exactly is it you would like? Something like PMO_MOVE_MODIFY (value 8) and that same flag would be placed in the delete packet and the add packet when they are being sent as a pair?

Is there any need to distinguish between (1) moving objects and (2) generally changing attributes like colour, size, etc? Or can they be treated all the same? There aren't all that many flags available in that byte so I only want to use up the minimum, but of course it should be as useful as possible.
Quote :What exactly is it you would like? Something like PMO_MOVE_MODIFY (value 8)
and that same flag would be placed in the delete packet and the add packet when they are being sent as a pair?

That's exactly what I wished for. Then I discovered PMO_SUPPRESS_WARNINGS. I don't know if it serves a particular purpose but I noticed it can be relied on in certain cases. PMO_SUPPRESS_WARNINGS is not reported with any of the marshall objects but anyway, your suggestion is ideal

Would PMO_MOVE_MODIFY work both ways (I also send pairs to move/modify objects with IS_AXM)? It might also be useful for PMO_SELECTION_REAL to be reported.

Quote :Is there any need to distinguish between (1) moving objects and (2) generally changing attributes like colour, size, etc? Or can they be treated all the same?
There aren't all that many flags available in that byte so I only want to use up the minimum, but of course it should be as useful as possible.

Unless I'm missing something this is unnecessary as you achieve this easily by comparing the ObjectInfo Flags byte of the delete and add packet pair.
OK, I've found out the internal use of suppress_warnings isn't needed if there is a move_modify flag (because warnings about timing errors should be suppressed whenever objects are simply being moved/modified).

So what I've done is replaced the slightly unpredictable PMO_SUPPRESS_WARNINGS and instead there is a new flag PMO_MOVE_MODIFY with the same value.

It is now sent in both of the packets (add/delete) of a move/modify pair and in all cases when an object is conceptually moved or modified, including marshall object changes and when typing a start position index our a route checked index.
Quote :So what I've done is replaced the slightly unpredictable PMO_SUPPRESS_WARNINGS and instead there is a new flag PMO_MOVE_MODIFY with the same value.

It is now sent in both of the packets (add/delete) of a move/modify pair and in all cases when an object is conceptually moved or modified, including marshall object changes and when typing a start position index our a route checked index.

Great Thumbs up
R18:

Interface :

Text message dialog now has variable width
A progress message is now displayed while converting textures
More updated translations - Thank you translators!

Layout editor :

FIX : Heading slider was not available in marshall mode
FIX : Top right and bottom right buttons sometimes overlapped

InSim :

New value PMO_MOVE_MODIFY sent in IS_AXM when adjusting objects

Am I the only one who's getting random freezes every 3-5 seconds ONLY on multiplayer? This started happening after I updated to R18, kinda odd.

EDIT: NVM, It was my cpu downclocking for some reason even tho it wasn't overheating. Overclocking issues...
I'm sorry for going off topic but does lfs actually support ultra widescreen when in spectator mode as the black bars on the edge of the screen seems like it makes lfs feel old tech.
Quote from rc10racer :I'm sorry for going off topic but does lfs actually support ultra widescreen when in spectator mode as the black bars on the edge of the screen seems like it makes lfs feel old tech.

You can disable it afaik
Quote from rc10racer :I'm sorry for going off topic but does lfs actually support ultra widescreen when in spectator mode as the black bars on the edge of the screen seems like it makes lfs feel old tech.

I don't know why, but some people find that option really hard to find.

Options... View... Full width external views
Quote from Scawen :I don't know why, but some people find that option really hard to find.

Options... View... Full width external views

make the default setting to be on if people are complaining about it?
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6R8 (now R22)
(396 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG