The online racing simulator
No, I know what he's talking about - it like the car's model has been rotated off the centre-line so that it appears to 'crab' down the road. I've seen it in both AC and PCars.
Quote from Shirtkicker :it like the car's model has been rotated off the centre-line so that it appears to 'crab' down the road. I've seen it in both AC and PCars.

exactly, and that is something wich works 100% perfect in LFS, so was very disappointed to find such phenomen in a game wich graphics has been praised
In single-player or online?

If I understand the description correctly that's likely caused by the netcode failing to do consistent lag compensation on car body's rotation. But this would only happen online.
Quote from Keling :In single-player or online?

If I understand the description correctly that's likely caused by the netcode failing to do consistent lag compensation on car body's rotation. But this would only happen online.

Wow you are right! In single player the cars are drawn perfect, so the problem must be like you explained.
just thought, maybe we could do like some kind of racing/meeting in AC, on any server, maybe B2R, i think they have one there. With GT3 cars or DTM race, im up for anything, main goal is to have fun!
question is, at what time? today?
Attached images
b2r.png
Quote from bishtop :I think it only records the data set by those that install a timing app they made, its a really good program

yes, it only records laptimes from people who have installed it, thats why i stopped using it...
you never know how many fast guys are out there and they probably arent using it, because they doesnt bother about some kind of meaningless charts... THEY JUST RACE
Quote from bishtop :I think it only records the data set by those that install a timing app they made

True, still I feel it is a nice invention, except the widget implementation, it TALKS to you after every lap or if you go off track, gosh - that is just too much. Plus it draws an annoying ad into the widget. Still I will keep on using it..
A bonus pack (3) will be available the 20th of December ... for FREE.
It will include 7 cars from Alfa, Maserati, Lamborghini and Pagani.
It seems the Giulia QV is one of them with the 33 Stradale for Alfa.

Nothing about Laguna Seca that should be brought for FREE aswell according to my reading on a german news ...
Quote from Flotch :A bonus pack (3) will be available the 20th of December ... for FREE.
It will include 7 cars from Alfa, Maserati, Lamborghini and Pagani.
It seems the Giulia QV is one of them with the 33 Stradale for Alfa.

Nothing about Laguna Seca that should be brought for FREE aswell according to my reading on a german news ...

:o source of the news?
I found only an article from october..
excellent Thumbs up
It's on their FB, Lucaf.
Quote from MousemanLV :It's on their FB, Lucaf.

Oh, I see. Nothing in their web-pages (they have even separate News page), nothing in their Steam news feed, nothing in their official youtube channel...but Facebook...this sounds like they are still not sure if it will happen. Anyway, very nice to have something probably great to wait.
According to a beta tester who will remain unnamed Laguna is not finished yet AND looks awful, apparently. Rumour has it that its not the main Kunos track modeller doing the track and it shows.
Sorry Lucaf, thought you would have clicked on the hyperlinks in my post. Indeed very crap that they use only facebook ...

ACCAkut : that's not pretty to read ... Frown . Hope they will not provide a crap Laguna Seca after all the times teasing us ^^
Wouldn't be surprised it is looked bad, never really liked the way AC looks, the only way i have seen others make it look any good is with piles of graphics mods which need a crazy GPU. iRacing or even LFS look much more natural to me...
Quote from k_badam :Wouldn't be surprised it is looked bad, never really liked the way AC looks, the only way i have seen others make it look any good is with piles of graphics mods which need a crazy GPU. iRacing or even LFS look much more natural to me...

What you described is a matter of rendering style. Can't be sure without seeing the product, but the rumour sounds like it's a matter of quality.
I like the rendering style of AC. It is quite similar to LFS (in my eyes) and works very well in VR. Track quality is another thing and I'm sure Laguna will pass the quality tests before release.
+1 on VR, I really enjoy the looks of it and it doesn't take a huge amount of GPU power to run which is nice. No microstutters like in LFS is also much easier on the eyes.
AC looks awesome overall, nothing to add or take.
Quote from troy :+1 on VR, I really enjoy the looks of it and it doesn't take a huge amount of GPU power to run which is nice. No microstutters like in LFS is also much easier on the eyes.

never experienced micro stutters in lfs personally, but agree a.c is nice in vr. One thing i do use for LFS is the degug tool to increase the pixels per display setting to make lfs look more clear
^^I run PPD@2.0 in both AC and LFS. Looks/feels really good.
I like the way the mirrors are VR-rendered in LFS. Don't drive much in LFS nowdays due to AC being my favourite at the moment. Will come back to LFS now and then to check for news on Scawens work on the physics. Will be very interesting if he reaches his new goals some day. Meantime, I wish him the best success at work.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG