The online racing simulator
hum maybe the wheels/suspensions only, but the body have less movements on LFS, Idk maybe it's because am used to firm suspension setup in lfs or somthing..
Yea, it's like the car body stop too early from moving when it touch the ground, or because of the flat physics mesh of lfs.

I think stefano said he used a special dedicated software only for car animation, that's why he managed this great result.
Quote from lfsrm :I think stefano said he used a special dedicated software only for car animation

There you go,another shortcut by italians... It's shouldn't be specific software for some animations,car's visual movement should do just that what physics engine tells to.

Anyway - I recall console "sims" GT/Forza also being very nicely and quite realistic animated,still anyone hardly calls them proper sims... Shrug
Quote from Eclipsed :There you go,another shortcut by italians... It's shouldn't be specific software for some animations,car's visual movement should do just that what physics engine tells to.

Anyway - I recall console "sims" GT/Forza also being very nicely and quite realistic animated,still anyone hardly calls them proper sims... Shrug

Do you took a look into AC code to make such assumptions ?

And what wrong with a external lib for animations ? maybe they are using it to translate complex physics values into 3d engine, no one know about that better than dev himself.

Even lfs is using external programs to simulate things who know...
AC does have good body movement, yes, but netcode to match and represent that? Not yet... The Fiesta ahead looks realistic for about 5% of the time it is cornering.
Quote from sinbad :AC does have good body movement, yes, but netcode to match and represent that? Not yet... The Fiesta ahead looks realistic for about 5% of the time it is cornering.

1 - because AC does not simulate dirt surfaces plus the supposed dirt sections on bl2 mod have too much grip.

2 - It's still a mod and not the official content, the team behind it is not the most talented in physics area.
I think AC and LFS should get together and have a baby.
a baby named LFS with AC graphics and RaceRoom sounds and the cars/tracks of both! https://youtu.be/iZijGpYz0XY?t=40

production values are VERY high now days. listen to that video o.O
ac have big input lag between steering wheel and virtual wheel. Lfs no lag. LFS BEST!
Quote from truntteri :ac have big input lag between steering wheel and virtual wheel. Lfs no lag. LFS BEST!

Lmao!
No lag here, configure your software/hardware properly
Quote from truntteri :ac have big input lag between steering wheel and virtual wheel. Lfs no lag. LFS BEST!

Hm, what input lag? There's none whatsoever with my setup (well, probably measurable, but nothing that can be felt or differs from LFS).
It must be frustrating not to be able to use the markets best sim at the moment (just my opinion). LFS is great too (especially netcode), but it falls behind in many areas now. Hopefully, Scawen has the time and motivation to push LFS back to the throne Thumbs up (considering family/house/hobbies...).
Still use LFS, but if I'm going to Blackwood, it's with the BMW E30 in AC. Smile
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
You could leave Vsync on, but cap the framerate at 59 or 60hz. This will impede vsync from buffering another frame before displaying the image on screen (it cuts 16.6ms of latency). It becomes very acceptable
AC still have that maximum frame latency thing?
Quote from sinbad :AC still have that maximum frame latency thing?

yes

\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\graphics.ini
make sure you have: MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=1
Vy default it is 0 I tihnk.
There are some test on AC forum regarding that, and the guy proved it's better when it's default (0), at least on his system.
I'm also not noticing any improvement when it's 1.
I'm running Safe Mode (my card is broken so using old one just in safe mode), and this forum can't be scrolled horizontally. I can't edit my previous post now..
What i wanted to add is that he recorded the wheel movement with slowmo camera, and there's less lag when it's set to "0".
Quote from Boris Lozac :I'm running Safe Mode (my card is broken so using old one just in safe mode), and this forum can't be scrolled horizontally. I can't edit my previous post now..

You can zoom the webpage, or do:

document.body.style.overflowX = "scroll"

in your browser's JavaScript console.

Who thought "hidden" was a good idea?
Quote from Keling :You can zoom the webpage, or do:

document.body.style.overflowX = "scroll"

in your browser's JavaScript console.

Who thought "hidden" was a good idea?

Problem was that there is no horizontal slider, the page was already pretty zoomed in (safe mode has like 320x240 resolution). So i couldn't see the right section of the forum.
Very baffled as why someone considers this as usable, when one third of our widescreen monitors is unusable..

EDIT: now i got your post, so that slider is "hidden" by default on this forum?
Tried multiplayer for the first time in ages. Much improved.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG