The online racing simulator
Quote from cargame.nl :You should put these kind of comments on Reddit, not here.

I'll comment where I damn well please.
-
(michele603) DELETED by Scawen : spam
and in 3 or 4 days this video increase from 950.000 views to 1.190.xxx Smile
where is the 2014 progress report?
I am interested in this topic, thank the experts advise ...
LFS was used in Computex to display the new Galax Vision VR headset.

Aren't they required to have LFS stickers, or at least mention LFS' name when they're using it for commercial use?
Yup, that's partly why I posted here from two sources.
-
(emersonborges) DELETED by Flame CZE : unrelated
-
(emersonborges) DELETED by Flame CZE : unrelated
-
(nacim) DELETED by Flame CZE : unrelated
-
(OX_SOoOMy 507) DELETED by dekojester : VOB mods / cracked lfs
-
(toto096) DELETED by Scawen : spam
Found that from the bike-simulator thread:
http://x6-simulator.com/en/

https://youtu.be/hE7sPG-Lp7Q?t=292 from 5min on is LFS with F1 @ Westhill, using some old VR glasses. (like rift, but seems it does not track "excact" headmotion)

/edit
ah was already posted. useless detail: galileo is a german TV show, so at some point that might have been on tv. (Usually they just test how much stuff a person can eat and other fascinating experiments.)

waiting for that Interview with Scawen Smile
Well, keep your fingers crossed really hard, 'cause I think he's gonna skip it, because he would than have to answer aaaaaall the questions like "when" and "why" about the lack of progress, which he quit answering here a long time a go. Smile

On the other hand... he would be let to speak about all the development that they have done recently (new WE, new graphics, 3D support etc.) to the general public, which could turn out to be very useful and bring some more cash.
I hate how little research ISR do before opening their mouths...
Quote from mbutcher :I hate how little research ISR do before opening their mouths...

I was thinking the same...

"I think this was a laser scanned version"

"and there was another guy Eric Roberts I think that did some stuff" - yeah right...
Yup, that was clearly cringeworthy !
>2016
>still considering ISR relevant

I'd rather have no publicity than some stuck-up 'murickens stuck in their own fantasies with some iRacer with anger management problems in the spotlight. Smile
But hey, as they say - there's no such thing as bad publicity Wink
Is that girl with the big conkers still on ISR?
Hm, that whole segment contains maybe 4? 5? facts:
There is new track, it is laserscanned, s3 costs 12 bucks, team is 3 people, some old stuff like lfs has good ffb/multiscreen..
All very basic stuff but they struggle to even get those things across without messing up. Things that can be looked up in 1 minute. The actual point of the video, the track, is visible for few seconds by filming the screen.

The next segment is about an rfactor mod and it does not contain any real info either beside the real obvious stuff like a list of cars. Then some pictures taken from the website. How about some own opinions on the physics or whatever, or info if some future league is soon going to use that car, or really anything else I can not figure out myself in one minute by reading the original source that is basically being copied.
It is kinda frustrating, because it is not limited to ISR and LFS, but other sites/channels and other games too. Sometimes there is interessting parts, like when they build cockpits or so, that is often nicely done. Hardware tests are also okay. But everything about the actual sims or mods is really lazy researched. It is cool that sites/channels try to cover simracing but sometimes it is so shallow or even plain incorrect. Feels like quickly produced filler material too often.
It is.. Apparantly they got rid of that mid... Little guy too... Or maybe he is on vacation or something I don't know. He has an annoying voice (actually they all do) but he had the most knowledge. I don't actively follow this American blabla show but thats what it really is about nowadays; blabla.. Putting a camera on yourself, call it a 'vlog' and all of a sudden you are massively important and it doesn't even matter what you say as long as you interact with the viewers. It's eehh ye... Pretty empty.

But hey, I know the youngest generation likes this (<15 year old) and maybe there are actually some good channels but this was pretty poor. I could watch it for 14 minutes and then I gave up, watching a wall has nearly the same effect other then the wall doesn't give false information or talks like; 'eeuuhh I think that', 'maybe', 'sure I am going to try', 'that thing'... etcetc..

Watching two guys in a chair, the left one basically not saying anything the other one just gibberish and below in chat some viewer saying 'I love this show!'... Madness. *shakes head and walks away*
-
(aassdd2016) DELETED by aassdd2016
LFS is mentioned in the HTC Vive test by computergames.

http://www.computerbase.de/2016-03/htc-vive-erfahrungen-test/

Quote :In Live for Speed zeigt sich eine Eigenart der Chaperone-Implementierung: Während in SteamVR-Titeln über einen Knopf am Controller das Steam-Overlay geöffnet werden kann, um die Chaperone-Gitterlinien in fünf Stufen anzupassen oder gar zu deaktivieren, ist dies bei Live for Speed, das auf OpenVR setzt, bisher nicht möglich. Die Folge: Befindet sich der Schreibtisch mit Lenkrad am Rand des Spielfelds, werden neon-grüne Chaperone-Gitterlinien dauerhaft im Blickfeld des Fahrers eingeblendet.

Quick translation, he mentions that due to LFS' openvr implementation chaperone seems to be always on, so he always sees the green gridlines when he plays lfs. The only way he got around it was by setting the chaperone walls 20-30cm back to a "false" position in the room.

They mention LFS a couple of times during the whole review, all in all they seem to enjoy it with the vive. Smile
Quote from troy :he mentions that due to LFS' openvr implementation chaperone seems to be always on, so he always sees the green gridlines when he plays lfs.

Quote from Oliver Feistkorn :A short article about the Vice and LFS.

Thanks for the links and translations. Smile

I believe the chaperone problem is solved in the latest test patches (since 0.6M3). There's something pretty strange / buggy / pointless about the OpenVR chaperone setup for seated experiences, but now the F8 screen offers two options, "reset headset" and "use relative position". I think the first one does solve the Vive chaperone problem (but does not allow the seating position to be saved).

Also the F8 problem has been fixed, because F8 no longer sets the seated position instantly, but instead runs a special setup screen and you can do a "VR Click" on the button using your controller.

LFS in the news
(739 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG