The online racing simulator
loving rockingham it has certainly rekindled my passion for racing in lfs. merry Christmas and all the best for the new year

@ mr looney

If a car is still to be released as part of s3 then the tyre model/physics would probably be essential other wise it would not give a close to effect of driving/handling of the real thing
Quote from Mr_Lonely :Like where ? I read through scawen's all posts in here and theres not really an explination about why thers not any other content, exept "nothing is certain in life", wich just imo points more towards my read on it. Tongue

Im sure (atleast I hope after 5 years) they have more s3 content lying on the shelf ready to get released in the next update, but I would like to know why it didnt get released on the grand s3 release.

As i said, there has to be more fiction cars/tracks that arent affected by the new tire physics as the Scirocco.

Well i didn't mean any previous Scawen's post, but GAVD999 already explained, what i originally meant. It's just some people read among the lines in glass-half-full style and some in glass-half-empty style. Just thought i'd explain myself a bit more.
Well I'm glad you guys are still there and have enjoyed LFS so much over the years that I've just upgraded even if it is only Rockingham (an awesome track btw). Looking forward to new progress.
Have you guys thought about using Steam?
Quote from Mr_Lonely :Since there has to be more finished s3 content lying around that arent affected by the new tire physics. Smile

No, there isn't finished content lying around. There are tracks which are driveable but without the scenery completed, that kind of thing. If you imagine from Eric's point of view, the great thing now is that he can decide to work on a track, big or small, and when it is complete, we can release it. There's no more need to try and complete X tracks and Y cars, then when you are ready to release, realise that the tracks already need updating...

I think one at a time is a better way to do it, in such a small team, with the required level of detail being so high these days.
Quote from Scawen :No, there isn't finished content lying around. There are tracks which are driveable but without the scenery completed, that kind of thing. If you imagine from Eric's point of view, the great thing now is that he can decide to work on a track, big or small, and when it is complete, we can release it. There's no more need to try and complete X tracks and Y cars, then when you are ready to release, realise that the tracks already need updating...

I think one at a time is a better way to do it, in such a small team, with the required level of detail being so high these days.

The way I look at it, is that this way gives us racers time to learn each new track as it comes out. Everyone who has upgraded to S3 is learning Rockingham together, rather than being overwhelmed by many new tracks/cars/combos all at the same time. I really like that I only have to "worry" about one thing right now.

It was a bit of a surprise for S3/Ro to just be out with no lead up or teasing though. Even when you did the revamp of Westhill you released some images and a video. Can we look forward to those again in the future?
Take your time Scawen, Rockingham is great. Smile

I'm sure there are more tracks or even one more car to follow, guys.
Quote from pik_d :Can we look forward to those again in the future?

Possibly! I think the usual thing for track updates for existing licenses (including S3) will be to go through a public testing stage. That wasn't really practical for this one (selling licenses for a test patch) so we thought we'd just get to the release point without any distractions and avoiding forum arguments. Next time we release an S3 track, the situation is more like the Westhill update.

EDIT: Obviously, I mean "if all goes to plan and we do release further content" Big grin
Quote from Scawen :Obviously, I mean "if all goes to plan and we do release further content" Big grin

According to certain australian guy - you're not! You're just ripping money for quick 1-track job and setting sights to Bahamas... Big grin
Well it might be a good idea to keep working on LFS to sell more licenses, make some more money, pay the mortgage, support the kids until they leave home, that kind of thing! Big grin
It would be awesome I think, to not let it be stuck with one laser scanned track. One or more realistic goals would be Anglesey, Spa, Brands Hatch, Nurburgring GP (not Nordschleife). In that order. This requires some money investment. No idea actually, if some need to be rescanned or that it's possible to buy the data which is already being done by other developers. Which would be a great time safer of course. If extra community investment because of this is required don't hesitate to go this way also. The negative people will always be a bit louder then the rest of the supporting crowd.

--
Too bad Rockingham doesn't have sunset weather by the way. The clear day version looks ok, the other two very English (gray, bit dull).
Quote from Scawen :No, there isn't finished content lying around. There are tracks which are driveable but without the scenery completed, that kind of thing. If you imagine from Eric's point of view, the great thing now is that he can decide to work on a track, big or small, and when it is complete, we can release it. There's no more need to try and complete X tracks and Y cars, then when you are ready to release, realise that the tracks already need updating...

Ofcourse thats a good phase to work in now, release it when its done, but that dosent really make up for thoes 5+ years he has been working on s3 content. Just feels like there should be atleast 1-2 cars that should be finished and up to date that could go along with the s3 release.
But I guess he took a long break as you did aswell.

Can't wait until 2016 and see what you bring us. Smile
Quote from Scawen :Well it might be a good idea to keep working on LFS to sell more licenses, make some more money, pay the mortgage, support the kids until they leave home, that kind of thing! Big grin

Any plan for updating existing content ?

I mean at least some high res textures/poly for the actual cars/track to bring them to the westhill level. Frown
I quite enjoy Rockingham (even though I stand by my belief that laser scanning is a waste of time and money for the most part), and I hope you can begin some sort of drip-feed of content which will persuade the fence-sitters, and perhaps also some of those who are firmly on the other side.

Whatever happens, thank you, always a pleasure to be lured back to LFS (however briefly).
Quote from lfsrm :Any plan for updating existing content ?

I mean at least some high res textures/poly for the actual cars/track to bring them to the westhill level. Frown

Good question. Nice to get some updated interior or a nice Fern bay update!
-
(FM_316) DELETED by FM_316
I noticed that on the LFS team search on LFS World you cannot yet choose S3 as a host version:

Hello
Is there any chance for Nurburgring Nordschleife to come in Live for Speed in the future?

Well done job with Rockingham! Thumbs up
I look forward to the new tire physics!Thumbs up
Quote from Scawen :No, there isn't finished content lying around. There are tracks which are driveable but without the scenery completed, that kind of thing.

Quote from Scawen :I think one at a time is a better way to do it, in such a small team, with the required level of detail being so high these days.

Thanks for letting us know these things. I'd agree with the one at a time approach as well. It seemed to work quite well for the Westhill update.

One question: Will you guys be providing any info about new content before it is released to the community?
Screenshots and other previews are a great way to keep the community engaged and generate some excitement around LFS.

And, have a great Christmas!
what a fantastic surprise for the holidays! another great racing environment to epand the lfs universe. good job, great work, well done scavier! keep on following your path... it is a good one!

sometimes people tend to forget very fast... or did they complain about getting the westhill track update for free? or countless feature updates over the years which also benefit all lfs players from demo to s3?
no other game without mod support has managed to stay installed on my computer for so long (except maybe need for speed porsche for sentimental reasons and rbr, because like lfs it is a game from another planet and still unbeaten after all those years). lfs is not like your average game where they try to sell you another "full version" every year - lfs is is the longest running public alpha test of any games i know and the little bit of money we pay for all those years of fun is riddiculous compared to other titles that are long dead and gone. so support the lfs development for some more years of fun!
to truly fullfill the original vision of lfs being the ultimate racing simulator i´m sure after some more stunning content from scavier they will open to some kind of mod support at some point in the future to keep the game alive forever, but in my opinion they will only do it if there is a very high level of quality also guranteed for the mods. to find a good peer review system for that is the hard part, but they will figure out a way.
it is funny how much paralells there are in the development of lfs and spintires - spintires also has one genius lead programmer who likes to do things his way and so there are some of the same problems and complaints and sometimes complicated communications seen like here, but in the end both are amazing games who are real special in their nice markets and offer something nobody of the competition can do that well.
so let´s keep this good games from small development crews alive and unfolding!

my situation is a bit bad at the moment and so i could not afford to buy me a s3 upgrade at the moment. so maybe one of you nice racers can help me out on that and gift me a voucher, if i publicly promise here in this forum to give a voucher to another lfs racer before easter of 2016?
that would be really great and also it would be my only christmas present this year so one of you could make a fellow racer very happy! thank you!

peace, mo
Quote from super_gt :
Is there any chance for Nurburgring Nordschleife to come in Live for Speed in the future?

Subject has been discussed earlier. But it's not really a road for regular driving is it. Neither for cruising (track cutting apart from Steilstrecke is not possible) or racing. Some 24 hour race but thats about it.

Mmmmmm... Very, very big track in Pacific ocean... Smile

I have seen people talking many times about how cool is would to get on access on everywhere! The best attempt was to get driving on stairs on pitlane building. Regardless of sense or not, it was very amusing to try with small cars. And that's what lfs is superior! Having also fun!!!
I honestly think the biggest thing you should focus on after all the S3 content that you're working on is released should be an ability to create community-made maps, which is one of the big features of other simulators. Just let's face it, there would be endless amounts of new tracks modeled by players that we could race on.
Quote from Scawen :look forward to getting back to work in the new year. Thank you for all the support and comments!

Can you add folder section for setups? It's big mess with GT1 and GT2 setups... And make oficial GT2 class, allow uploading hotlaps Smile No one drive GT1(GTR) anymore (online), only GT2.

Add separate button control rate for gas/brake, and for pres/release. That can really help to mouse drivers

Add graphics settings low/medium/high
Quote from lfsrm :There is a chance to win a voucher with the LFSCART event if you want : https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/88762-LFSCART-Series-2016%3A-Round-0a-S3-Voucher-Event---Race-Discussion

thank you for pointing me at that event! that looks like a good opportunity to win a voucher by showing some driving skills and dedication to race.
unfortunately that event is still some days away and i´ve only got some time to play right now so that is why i asked if someone can give me an upgrade voucher now, if i promise to also give a voucher to someone before easter of 2016. if there is someone out there that can help me here that would be spectacular!

peace, mo
This thread is closed

New Version 0.6K - Rockingham
(558 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG