The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :
It's simply that we don't want to add unrealistic things if possible.

Ah, cool, thanks for confirming.

Quote from cargame.nl :
My wish for quite some time already is to extend the color system to triple hex so you can assign any kind of color (input field).. For example grass-green so it blends in better and doesn't look so ugly. Also the 0.25 height/Z increments with LFS objects is sometimes too much. Being able to fine-tune would be nice.

Umm, if your attached pic was to say "e.g. I wish we could make these objects green" then yikes! Those rampy things look scary so probly best if they don't blend in Wink (Haven't hit 'em yet but they look like they're designed to flip cars which slide badly off course, which is too damn easy at RO in a few places.)
If the pic was just related to the Z tuning, then I can breathe easily Big grin
Neilser, the pic was to explain the first bit
Quote from Neilser :Those rampy things look scary so probly best if they don't blend in Wink (Haven't hit 'em yet but they look like they're designed to flip cars which

They do, they need and they don't. Talking out of experience is win, theories are worthless.

Better Z increments would further smooth out the balance between scariness and flipping. *Speedbumps are too smooth, sadly
Another great work with the ScaViEr quality seal. I think the content update will be much faster now.

*Blackwood stills the best LFS track! Big grin
Nice to read about future reflections upgrade!
Hmm I have another question Big grin (sorry Scawen!).
As Rockingham has a wet grip area and some people have already asked about how to get there, so I think they all (inlcuding me) would like to have it being wet/slippy. Do you plan to make something like that?
This would be a nice bonus Smile
Finally S3! Hope more content come soon! Wink
can I get some unlocks? I tried to unlock without patching to 0.6K...
done
Quote from cargame.nl :Yeah well .. Easily preventable without causing too many safety issues.

My wish for quite some time already is to extend the color system to triple hex so you can assign any kind of color (input field).. For example grass-green so it blends in better and doesn't look so ugly. Also the 0.25 height/Z increments with LFS objects is sometimes too much. Being able to fine-tune would be nice.

0,125 would do good. I have noticed same issue, but only because not supported. Also cornering ramps, wedges with ramp mode, also colouring. Pretty sure there is still potential left on slabs ATM. Smile

I already see in pics how RO with layouts could be amazing
i noticed car shine code was removed from cfg.txt for car highlight , how can i reduce the shine in lfs now? its a bit annoying the high lighting now :s
Quote from Victor :Looks like I will have to dust off the Flash IDE to fix this one.
Hopefully I'll have an update later today.

Oh god, please no more flash!
hello. Would it be possible to get another unlock please. Tried to unlock to s3 without downloading 0.6k and now have no unlocks left and really keen to see the new track Smile
thanks
Quote from Aler1 :i noticed car shine code was removed from cfg.txt for car highlight , how can i reduce the shine in lfs now? its a bit annoying the high lighting now :s

Search for Car Highlight in cfg.txt
The first number is the highlight 'power' - higher numbers make a smaller highlight.
The second number is the brightness of the highlight.
I see a bug on that line, there is no newline before "Music Channel". I think this will affect Music Channel but will not harm the highlight setting.

Quote from kamil7557 :hello. Would it be possible to get another unlock please. Tried to unlock to s3 without downloading 0.6k and now have no unlocks left and really keen to see the new track Smile
thanks

done
The following post includes topic-placement

I like how ROC is tight and bumpy. Pretty close to what I whished for Smile
I'm just gonna ask this. Why doesn't Scawen answer questions like these

1) Why isn't the Parking lot in Rockingham available to use, it feels like a waste for a nice tunnel to go nowhere

2) Why does it take 7-8 years to develop Tyre physics, or S3 in its whole

ETC...( any question mostly asked and always unanswered by the Devs)

I'm just asking...

P.S.: I just want a good answer without any form of negative comments.
Quote from Dygear :Oh god, please no more flash!

He said Flash IDE. Flash IDE and Flash Player are two different things. I don't know if everything in the code is compatible to be ported on WebGL/HTML5 with the latest update of Flash IDE, but it would be great ! Smile

EDIT:

Quote from TheNoobisonFire :Why does it take 7-8 years to develop Tyre physics, or S3 in its whole

ETC...( any question mostly asked and always unanswered by the Devs)

Use the search function before posting things like that, it had been answered tons of times.
-
(TheNoobisonFire) DELETED by TheNoobisonFire : Unnecessary Comment
I read a post that worried me. My system is very old. It's a dedicated LFS PC and I'm worried that this patch may be too much for it. My graphics card supports up to shader model 2.0a. Can anyone help?
shader model 2 is supported
Thanks for the update and support guys, top notch team here. That's why I've always supported LFS since the very beginning.
Quote from Scawen :shader model 2 is supported

Thank you so much for your quick reply Scawen.
It's a graphics card from 2003 but it's the best I could install on the AGP socket the computer has.
I saw your post saying that there may be problems with older cards. I will be building a new system when time/money allows.
But I'm glad I can use the latest version and drive Rockingham.
Ok let me rephrase that

It was the best u could find on eBay within the 3 weeks I was looking at a reasonable price. (Only one better card available and it was 5 times the cost) I was more concerned with the ram size tbh as the card the computer (rescued from the attic) came with wouldn't even run the LFS title screen without filling up and crashing.

Thanks for those links tho. Very interesting. I won't be doing any upgrades to this system as its the cpu holding it back and theres not a lot I can do with it that would make much improvement. It plays LFS at 30fps just fine (as long as it's not a custom layout or too many AI cars) so it will do for now. I already have a new system built in my mind but it won't see the light of day for some time. As in until I can convince the wife to let me spend money on sim racing instead of the house.
This thread is closed

New Version 0.6K - Rockingham
(558 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG