The online racing simulator
Some more news on the Dream pack 2 on facebook.
Extract :
Quote :The new Dream Pack 2 will include the Circuit of Catalunya, based on Laserscan point cloud, featuring GP and MotoGP layouts, as well as 7+2 new awesome and legendary cars:
Lamborghini Countach 5000 Quattro Valvole
Lamborghini Huracan GT3
Ford GT40 MK1
Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG003
AUDI R8 ULTRA 2014
RUF RT12R AWD
RUF RT12R RWD
BMW M4 Coupe
BMW M4 Coupe Akrapovic Edition
The Assetto Corsa Dream Pack 2 will be available on Steam by October 8th, at 7,99 EUR

The Barcelona tracks are quite nice.
Tires squealing is quite strange ... but maybe I did not drive AC for some times up to tonight ... so I may not be objective ...
I spent some quick moments on the new cars, and they are quite pleasant to drive(even if the RUF RWD is for Pallukka type of player, normal people : prevent yourself from being ridiculous, and take the AWD model Big grin ), especially the Countach wich gives a nice feedback at first sight.

NB1 : I was quite surprised to see the shift LEDs of my g27 to follow the high RPM ... my daughters are going to appreciate Big grin

NB2 : I do not recognize Magione ! Looks very different now.

NB3 : I have bought 16Go more of RAM (total 20), so that has an impact, but loading time seems very acceptable
Hate the new "stop from downshifting" "feature" it's horribly distracting if nothing happens when you try to downshift under braking...

But love the new cars in the DLC, at least the ones I've driven so far where really enjoyable!
Hhmm that quite effectively cleans up the serverlist Smile
just bought the new dlc, love the ford gt and the lambo

btw, nick in game Arpadiam
Since kunos mentioned that the linux server should run better with the latest update I thought I'd give that a test.

Running "LFS at AC" combo atm:

Countach (forced vintage tyres) on Imola
Quote from troy :on Imola

Speaking of Imola. Maybe some LFS / AC drivers are interested in some racing there.

We at Triple7Racing do our Monday Night Racing single event series and the next race (19.10.2015) will be Audi TT @ Imola Big grin

So if someone is interested in some racing, we still got some free drivers seats. You just need to sign up for these events on our website.

Would be great to see some of you guys again on the tracks.
Attached images
MNR-Event--imola1000.jpg
Early impressions of the v5 tires is arcadey...
Quote from Hyperactive :Early impressions of the v5 tires is arcadey...

and you think driving a car is that difficult ?
i hate that i cannot downshit anymore when i want to.
this game coming to consols slowly fooks up pc version
Quote from e2mustang :i hate that i cannot downshit anymore when i want to.

nothing to do with consoles.. its there for 2 reasons..

1. realism, real cars have it (although it may need a tweak)
2.it stops people downshifting 2/3 gears in 0.0004 seconds.

what i suggest you do is stop trying to downshift as soon as you start braking because i bet any money that is what you are doing.
Seems legit
RL

AC
Quote from R3DMAN :
Quote from e2mustang :i hate that i cannot downshit anymore when i want to.

nothing to do with consoles.. its there for 2 reasons..

1. realism, real cars have it (although it may need a tweak)
2.it stops people downshifting 2/3 gears in 0.0004 seconds.

what i suggest you do is stop trying to downshift as soon as you start braking because i bet any money that is what you are doing.

while i agree on 3 gear downshift,it defo needs a tweak coz any real car i drive downshifts as i want, as long as it would not overrev if i downshifted.
When's the road-going C7 supposed to show up??
Quote from e2mustang :[...] as long as it would not overrev if i downshifted.

I'd say you're doing just that... Granted, I'm definitively not fast and I haven't tried H-gate cars to tell if they forced it on cars which wouldn't have such protection, but in the 2 hours I drove various GTs yesterday, I had exactly one incident where it didn't shift down on the first try - and I'm guessing that was an edge case which I admit may have been just a bit too soon...
H-gate cars don't have any protection
just found out my downshift button is a bit dodgy aswell
Quote from lfsrm :
Quote from Hyperactive :Early impressions of the v5 tires is arcadey...

and you think driving a car is that difficult ?

It feels like max grip is something like 15 degrees of slip angle with full throttle and loads of longinitudinal slip when driving out of corners. At times in mid corner when you get back on throttle the car starts to turn better... in rwd car... Also when recovering from slides it seems the more power you add the faster it auto corrects itself.

I'm not saying realism is hard. But compared to 1.2 this feels a bit like forza for me (yes, I used that word!).
damn arcade...
Yeah... Totally arcade...

8.5 minutes and your feet didnt move at all. Wow.
Quote from Hyperactive :
At times in mid corner when you get back on throttle the car starts to turn better... in rwd car...

That's how my old car (E60 M5) was to drive - quite understeery at high speed, but if running wide then a bit of throttle would pull the nose in, if that's what you mean.
I don't mean a bit. I mean you can really hammer the cars out of corners. This also makes it kind of lfs-esque how the cars regain or lose grip. It is so gradual and smooth. Exiting out of corners in four wheel slides is easier than blinking your eyes while holding a burrito. Like there was no drop off in grip or no load sensitivity at all. Like there is no peak of any kind. It does remind me a bit when nkpro version was released and it had that bug with something to do with longnitudal grip. Kinda like the muscle car in nkpro where you could just increase the grip of the car by giving more throttle.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG