The online racing simulator

Season Finale - Silverstone
Great battle over final standings in the championship! Gets even better towards the end of the race. RSR Timing Leaderboard leaders duke it out on the track.

Slap the like button and Subscribe for next season to the most quality GT league out there!
The most quality GT league is half hour sprints?
Or maybe right to 2h races with driver changes? Oh,right... Tilt
Why do you need driver changes in a 2h race?
To make it a team race?
Miata 1.1, got the physics treatment from Pankykapus and Bobskype, now it's properly amazing..

Brands Hatch has been laserscanned (facebook)...
1.2 still not released Tongue
That would suck, because most in-game Zandvoort tracks I've driven that are not laser scanned are horrible. The difference in height across the track, and the width difference are really crucial to get a good feel of the track.

And the people over here are very easy on people scanning their track (iRacing did it as well I believe?), so I don't see what the problem would be.
Quote from Hyperactive :Soo there is talk that the zandvoort by kunos is not going to be laser scanned. Kinda sad if true...

Anyways if you did not know I'm making lx8 for ac (all stuff scratch made, 3d model included). Some wip shots of the track version:
http://oi62.tinypic.com/2vxp1eh.jpg
http://oi62.tinypic.com/ncnyba.jpg

Thread on ac forums: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/lx8.20506/

Not doing a lot of driving these days but I very much look forward to driving this in a more finished state then the early preview you've uploaded.
Quote from Bose321 :That would suck, because most in-game Zandvoort tracks I've driven that are not laser scanned are horrible. The difference in height across the track, and the width difference are really crucial to get a good feel of the track.

And the people over here are very easy on people scanning their track (iRacing did it as well I believe?), so I don't see what the problem would be.

iRental probably sent Zandvoort a letter saying "Hey guys, don't let anyone else laser scan you. kthx. If you do, we'll sue you. Lovies!! <3 <3"
They definitely can't stop race teams and proper industrial simulation makers from scanning it. Kunos however...
Why would Zandvoort sign a contract that gives iRacing exclusive rights over the track unless iRacing offered serious cash... Is Zandvoort really that in demand?
Quote from Intrepid :Why would Zandvoort sign a contract that gives iRacing exclusive rights over the track unless iRacing offered serious cash... Is Zandvoort really that in demand?

iRental cash has no restrictions on stupidity.
According to the aris' post on the forum someone from kunos apparently just saw the track thread on the forums (something along those lines) and they just decided to license the track and then buy the mod track and finish it and release as official ac content.

In the end kunos probably gets the track super cheaply. If kunos would have wanted to laser scan the track they would have needed to take the time to go there and scan it (or contract the job to someone else) and then build the track starting from scratch. This way they not only get the track done cheaper and sooner but also allow their track artist to work on some other track sooner.

Personally I'm kinda torn a bit with it. I like there being more tracks in ac but at the same time laser scanning is what makes modern sim tracks special. Gps data and photos can only capture so much and they miss the most important part altogether. The small road surface irregularities, cambers and slight round parts that aren't really quite round or the straight bits which aren't really straight.

Also most mod tracks seem to get the road surface wrong in two ways. Either way too few polygons making the tracks undrivable or focusing on getting the track surface silky smooth. Most of the time bumps need to be added manually and some modders then overshoot and exxaggerate the bumps. The pukekohe track for ac is good example of this.
That Andrea_gi dude.. love his work.

I think brake glow is added in the next patch. It will be purely graphical effect until they add physical brake heat which I think will be added later.

Personally I'm looking forward the most the ffb improvements. I'm presonally running quite high filter to avoid the shaking and vibration in the ffb. And now the ffb should be smoother and more nuanced too. Stefano himself said the new ffb is like taking ac to next level. Will be nice to see how it goes.
1.2 available now ... but Steam is still not begining the download at home ... Frown (planned in 1 hour it is written)
Aswell there is a 50% discount on AC for those who would not have crossed the line Wink

edit : uh : the GTR is weighting 1370Kg ...
While I agree with the Hypercar tires (providing the car very high performnce in laptime comparing to classical manufacturers of supercars), the weight displayed is 'mad' (300-400kg less than the real car)
Quote from Flotch :1.2 available now ... but Steam is still not begining the download at home ... Frown (planned in 1 hour it is written)
Aswell there is a 50% discount on AC for those who would not have crossed the line Wink

edit : uh : the GTR is weighting 1370Kg ...
While I agree with the Hypercar tires (providing the car very high performnce in laptime comparing to classical manufacturers of supercars), the weight displayed is 'mad' (300-400kg less than the real car)

I'm sure they wouldn't make such a colosall mistake, maybe just an UI issue.
Let's just have a look at the ini files:

Quote :[INFO]
SCREEN_NAME=Nissan GT-R Nismo

[BASIC]
GRAPHICS_OFFSET=0,-0.47,-0.13 ; 3 axis correction (x,y,z), applies only to the 3D object of the car. in meters
GRAPHICS_PITCH_ROTATION=-0.0 ; changes 3D object rotation in pitch
TOTALMASS=1825 ; total vehicle weight in kg with driver and no fuel
INERTIA=1.85,1.35,4.20 ; car polar inertia. Calculated from the car dimensions. Just enter the generic width,height,

But still, somehow the car feels wrong to me. Sure I have never driven a GTR or any car close to that but I just cannot image the rear end is that nervous.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG