The online racing simulator
LFSLazy
(1573 posts, started )
Version 40 sometimes makes my lfs screen black if I go full screen and then back to window. And I can't seem to fix it. Where can I find version 39?

UPD: this happens after if I am with car on track.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Just like main window can be green, pink, yellow, ... it can be black or very dark as well. Issue with update window is that there is a black text over that background and it would be really hard to read or not at all. Obviously I cannot leave it like that, so I'm thinking right now maybe I should enable dynamic background color of update window and color the text to white instead of black when background is dark enough. Shrug

I don't get this. System background color is light grey, while text color is black, there is no problem at all with this. Why is the background color changed in first place ? ^^
Quote from vitaly_m :Version 40 sometimes makes my lfs screen black if I go full screen and then back to window. And I can't seem to fix it. Where can I find version 39?

Yes, mine also went black when i went back to windowed lfs window after i-net browser.
Quote from vitaly_m :Version 40 sometimes makes my lfs screen black if I go full screen and then back to window. And I can't seem to fix it. Where can I find version 39?

Should be fixed now with the new build 41. It affected 0.6H and earlier versions.

Quote from nacim :
Why is the background color changed in first place ? ^^

Which background color are you reffering to? Background color of update window is pretty much unchanged since begining.

Or are you reffering to the color of main window (attachment)?
Attached images
color.JPG
I'm talking about before the begining, why haven't you used the default system color ? ^^
And I'm also talking about main and update windows. Wink

EDIT : Use this to use default background color Thumbs up :

WNDCLASSEX window_class;
window_class.hbrBackground = (HBRUSH)COLOR_WINDOW;

BTW, Lazy crashes everytime it detect build 41 (I'm with build 40 but can't update it).
Quote from nacim :
WNDCLASSEX window_class;
window_class.hbrBackground = (HBRUSH)COLOR_WINDOW;

Does this look better?

Color isn't really an issue for me. Reason why I've made dynamic color for main window is because it became already boring Razz

Quote from nacim :BTW, Lazy crashes everytime it detect build 41 (I'm with build 40 but can't update it).

I've got a build 40 copy and updated it just fine to 41.
Attached images
clr.JPG
Much better !
That's (most of the time) a bad idea to try to change from the default Win32 apperance, because if it's not done well, then it's embarrassing to see. Wink

Just to be clear, if you want to now what I call a nice update window, check out Steam's one. Wink

Hi there Daniel, I have been using LFSLazy since about 2014-2015 Christmas but the day before yesterday and yesterday we came across three problems. The first being the in-game dashboard; our problem (Which I have fixed for myself but don't know how) is that he can't see the dashboard in first person/is staying as the default dashboard, and because I am also using the NTO Rev Bouncer it flickers when I use it.
The second which we found out is "Build 41" Which whenever I/we start LFS up is come's up with this: https://www.lfs.net/attachment/133761/thumb
But when I start up the LFSLazy program it comes up with this:

*EDIT - Also whenever I tab out of LFS with LFSLazy running, my screen turns black and stay's black until I close LFS.
Attached images
Screenshot (7).png
Quote from nacim :Much better !
That's (most of the time) a bad idea to try to change from the default Win32 apperance, because if it's not done well, then it's embarrassing to see. Wink

Just to be clear, if you want to now what I call a nice update window, check out Steam's one. Wink

Not really a problem for me to change a color. To be honest I don't really care much about appearance, functionality is more on my mind. I'd like to hear from others as well, is that light gray default color better?

Quote from DJmad :The first being the in-game dashboard; our problem (Which I have fixed for myself but don't know how) is that he can't see the dashboard in first person/is staying as the default dashboard,

Let me know if you find the cause.

Quote from DJmad :because I am also using the NTO Rev Bouncer it flickers when I use it.

Its like that from begining. Rev bouncer kills your ignition and therefore it has some effect on LFSLazy dashboard. You can modify dashes that you are using, so its not turning off with ignition.

Quote from DJmad :
The second which we found out is "Build 41" Which whenever I/we start LFS up is come's up with this: https://www.lfs.net/attachment/133761/thumb
But when I start up the LFSLazy program it comes up with this:

Does the crash happen when you are updating to build 41?
When does it happen exactly? The moment when update window appears or when you click update?
I wouldn't mind getting a crash report.
For now you can manually update by downloading LFSLazy from the first post and replacing it in your LFSLazy folder.

Quote from DJmad :
*EDIT - Also whenever I tab out of LFS with LFSLazy running, my screen turns black and stay's black until I close LFS.

Seems like you are still using build 40, that should be fixed in 41.
LFSLazy crashes when I/we start up LFS and comes up with the Update needed message and when I load LFSLazy again it crashes.
When I have LFSLazy up and running I can't tab out though.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Not really a problem for me to change a color. To be honest I don't really care much about appearance, functionality is more on my mind.

Functionality is important, but design and juicyness can make your game/app sell and appear more professional in front of non-coder people.
Quote from DJmad :LFSLazy crashes when I/we start up LFS and comes up with the Update needed message and when I load LFSLazy again it crashes.
When I have LFSLazy up and running I can't tab out though.

Try downloading LFSLazy from the first post and replacing it in your LFSLazy folder as I already said.
Quote from nacim :Functionality is important, but design and juicyness can make your game/app sell and appear more professional in front of non-coder people.

Especially important since I've made millions from LFSLazy sales Big grin

I'm glad to hear some input. Yeah, that Steam window is simple enough, but I still think I cannot leave out some vital things e.g. current version, newest version. What do you think about showing the size of a new version? Also current progress with the download, progress bar is nice IMO, are the numbers needed e.g. 1553/2893 KB ? Change log is also vital part which I don't think I should leave out now.

Any "complaints" to other windows? Big grin
Actually its great to hear some, it made me think how certain parts can be improved.
Actually, when I talk about Steam update window, it's not a static thing. Of course your need to ajust it to your needs ! Smile
EDIT : Always think that some people are actually afraid of informations, they just want that the app do it stuff and that's it, so UI have to be thinked to please everyone (more or less, from the "show me the new code un changelog, I want to know everything" to the "do your stuff, I don't care" peoples). END EDIT

I was thinking something like writing the download size (in Mo/MB instead of KB, because it's easier to read) where the "Extracting package..." is.
For informations about versions and changelog, I think and adding a button "Detail" witch deploy the changelog, show the current and new version. Here is a representation of it (don't mind the shitty XP theme and please don't reproduce it lol Smile ) :

For the main window I have an idea but I have to go to work, so we'll talk about it later. Wink
Waaaaaaaaay better ! Thumbs up

Last things now :
- Set font to default system one (very important)
- Use "Show Changelog" and "Hide Changelog" rather than "Details<<" and "Details>>" (that's more accurate). Wink

I think that after that you can do a video and ask what people think about it. Smile
Quote from nacim :- Set font to default system one (very important)

I have to agree, that font looks quite ugly imo Big grin Default system font would be better.
System font now, and "More..."/"Less..." because all that text was too long and it didnt look good IMO.

Attached images
update3.JPG
My eyes agree this window ! Good job Daniel ! Thumbs up

EDIT : Can you please make the main window resizable in width ? Smile
Well, you can also remove spaces before punctuation marks ("Current version: 41", "More..."), because normally you don't have spaces in front of punctuation marks.
Yeah but no, that's ugly as f*ck, I prefer the french standard (with space before punctuation. Big grin
Now I'm thinking to add checkbox "Check for update on start" to that window. Maybe also "Auto update" that would update LFSLazy without even bringing this window to front and any user interaction.

Quote from nacim :
EDIT : Can you please make the main window resizable in width ? Smile

Window is resizable only when you enable Chat - History. Yeah, I agree its awkardly tiny when history is off. I will make it a bit wider when the history is off, so that you can see full title.

Quote from vitaly_m :Well, you can also remove spaces before punctuation marks ("Current version: 41", "More..."), because normally you don't have spaces in front of punctuation marks.

After checking couple of programs I can confirm "no space" is more normal. To be honest same thing for me. Maybe we should make a poll Big grin
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Now I'm thinking to add checkbox "Check for update on start" to that window. Maybe also "Auto update" that would update LFSLazy without even bringing this window to front and any user interaction.

That's more a thing to set on the option menu rather than the update window.

Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Window is resizable only when you enable Chat - History. Yeah, I agree its awkardly tiny when history is off. I will make it a bit wider when the history is off, so that you can see full title.

That would be great.

Quote from DANIEL-CRO :After checking couple of programs I can confirm "no space" is more normal. To be honest same thing for me. Maybe we should make a poll

It seems to be the English standard, so I guess it's better to do it like this.
New button system (?)

As it is the case with almost any InSim application, LFSLazy also use InSim buttons. Button system in LFS does a great job and yet it's simple enough. However, there are certain limitations while using it, for example, you can place only up to 240 buttons. That may seem like a lot to some, but surely it's not enough from the programmer's side when you want to show a lot of data.

A few months back, I started working on my own button system using LFSLazy overlay (like Radar and Dashboard work). I've put it on hold because of other personal obligations. With the recent design suggestions by nacim, we continued to talk on PM and he reminded me of overlay potential, so I've decided to get my button system near the finish.

The new button system has much more options than standard InSim one, for example:
  • unlimited number of buttons
  • complete control over the position on screen to a pixel
  • background and text color can be selected from a full range of colors and alpha (ARGB) for each button separately
  • possible to use different fonts
LFS color code handling is implemented as well and it can draw borders around buttons from full ARGB range. Firstly, I wasn't that satisfied with the performance, after some optimisations and testing I actually think it does a great job now. For example, pure LFS at same scene gives me 133 FPS, using my button system I get 126 FPS and using InSim 125 FPS. When buttons aren't that filled with text, it performs much better than InSim's one.

Sure thing, many great things come with this, but what I'm worried about is that there are still some people that have problems running LFSLazy overlay. I'm not sure that I will be able to help them. If they cannot use Radar or Dashboard (run LFSLazy overlay), they won't be able to use new button system. If I decide to move to the new system that will leave them disabled.

About moving to a new system, it can be easily be done using a wrapper function. It will take some time to make all code take the full functionality of a new system. Many great animations can be done, fade in or out on a group of buttons for example, but have in mind once I move to a new system there is no move back. Here is a screen shot of gadgets drawn using the new button system:

Attached images
new button system.JPG
Hehe, it looks nice for a start, keep it up ! Smile
And thanks for the credits bro. Thumbs up
New update to support 0.6H3 Smile

New button system is disabled, but here is one more screenshot where I draw borders around buttons as well.
Attached images
2015-06-30 21-12-32.231.jpg

LFSLazy
(1573 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG