The online racing simulator
Shame the online racing is so crap. And the car set up screens are atrociously badly designed.

I've been trying to get into it, even got the dream pack. Love racing at spa, but the online side of the game from the confusing server listings, to the downright horrible netcode and online car physics. No race can ever start properly from everyone warping everywhere and once you get going you can't follow anyone closly for fear of lag warp smashing you off the track.

Let alone the fact that the wheels never leave the ground, that's not realism. Got really fed up with it the other day and it's horrible power usage. Gunna head back to LFS for my online racing fix me thinks.
You must've picked a bad server then, I am no fan of the online part in AC mainly because it's lacking a lot of features and is sometimes prone to errors. If you find a properly configured server though you can have some really close racing.
Was some appropriately funny racing on troy's server again.
Quote from Funnybear :Shame the online racing is so crap. And the car set up screens are atrociously badly designed.

I've been trying to get into it, even got the dream pack. Love racing at spa, but the online side of the game from the confusing server listings, to the downright horrible netcode and online car physics. No race can ever start properly from everyone warping everywhere and once you get going you can't follow anyone closly for fear of lag warp smashing you off the track.

Let alone the fact that the wheels never leave the ground, that's not realism. Got really fed up with it the other day and it's horrible power usage. Gunna head back to LFS for my online racing fix me thinks.

i didnt tested MP yet since i find more complains that praise about that, so for now and till i have a wheel ( almost got the money ) gona keep it playing offline, enjoying the ring with those hypercars
A hotlap in the Alfa Romeo GTA, in my opinion the best car in the dream pack..

#nophotoshop

Quote from ACCAkut :I need more testers (next to Hyperactive) that actually give feedback, sooo....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lle0wb7lk...

I won't name the car to keep all the google bots from finding this post, but I guess you know what's at the end of the link. Please don't pass it around.

there is a free car to test here you know ...
Quote from ACCAkut :
Quote from ACCAkut :I need more testers (next to Hyperactive) that actually give feedback, sooo....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lle0wb7lk...

I won't name the car to keep all the google bots from finding this post, but I guess you know what's at the end of the link. Please don't pass it around.

there is a free car to test here you know ...

i don't know if it me and the lack of practice with AC physics i cant do 2 laps without spin out it feels like I'm skating on ice
Quote from Boris Lozac :
Quote from R34GTR :Just grabbed the WR on RSR in the M235 at the ring

7:26.113

On the Nordschleife or BTG? I'm depressed as how much i'm behind on the ring, like 15 seconds on a few combos i've tried :/

Same for me, but give that more time and we will see the results soon Wink
Quote from Klouczech :
Quote from Boris Lozac :

On the Nordschleife or BTG? I'm depressed as how much i'm behind on the ring, like 15 seconds on a few combos i've tried :/

Same for me, but give that more time and we will see the results soon Wink

same to me, did some laps and my best time with the m235 was 7:35, still i feel i can improve a lot
is a fun car to drive have tremendous grip and pretty stable all the time
Quote from Boris Lozac :

Sorry never saw this. That time was on the Nordschleife layout, it's #2 now though to a 7:24, my BTG time is around 7:07 which is quite a bit off the WR but I've not done that one much. I also grabbed the WR for a brief time on the Endurance layout, a 9:14.5xx (I think), but then I lost that one to the same guy, who has done a 7:12. I think I can gain that time back up, it's just nailing the perfect lap!

Here's a video of my lap, as you can see it's pretty scruffy in places, ignoore my random looking behind, I get bored and have it assigned to the buttons behind the wheel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERpmrFQQXZE
Cool, that's a pretty impossible time for me atm..

Btw hide these apps at least for videos :P They started to really annoy me, at least for hotlapping i try and remove them all now, so much more immersive. Now i just need a little light dot LFS-style, to advice the best time for upshifting (made an app request on AC forums Smile )
Just took the 98T WR -5:45 at classic NS layout, wasn't even trying hard
Fast grip, Quali tires, no blankets, mechanical damage 100%
Big chunks of time can be taken off, with better driving, setup and better boost management.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/broadspeed-jaguar-xj12c-the-big-cat-final1-version-is-out-21-3-2015.12979/

New version of the jaguar is out: http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/eBbM48R2/file.html
- changed cockpit exposure value for less window glare
- clear windscreen
- damage to aerodynamics (effects drag and lift/downforce)
- some minor adjustments to colliders
- slight aero change for higher top speed
- supports assetto corsa v1.1
- slight changes to chrome and windscreen shaders

Have fun.
Nismo GT3 with Fonsecker's awesome sound mod.. (ruined by awfull camera mic)

New pb for me, i manage to improve 8sec from my former pb

- Alfa Romeo GTA aero drag correction. Laptimes will be slower now.
- McLaren P1 is now simulating diffuser stall from front active aero that provokes dirty air
- LaFerrari is now simulating diffuser stall from front active aero that provokes dirty air
- Corrected instrument panel with more information on Alfa Romeo 155 Ti V6
- Corrected instrument panel for Pagani Zonda R
- Corrected instrument panel for McLaren P1
- Corrected instrument panel for KTM X-BOW R
It's pretty crazy how the witchcrafts of the P1 and the LaFerrari are simulated. Dirty air now, just wow.
Still not fixed the "no-contact" multiplayer bug then?
Quote from robt :Still not fixed the "no-contact" multiplayer bug then?

That has been reported so they know about it. It's only for Car0 as far as I know. In case you're hosting, just remove Car0 from the list until it's fixed.
Problem being that doesn't work unless pre-booked. And its been there since 1.1.1 that's 3 patches ago! Shouldn't ignore major bugs just to add features.
Quote from robt :Problem being that doesn't work unless pre-booked. And its been there since 1.1.1 that's 3 patches ago! Shouldn't ignore major bugs just to add features.

The kerbs issue has been there at least for a year. Kunos...

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG