The online racing simulator
Boris what PP filter do you use?
Quote from Boris Lozac :This car is too good

Lots of wheel wiggling, does it really feel that nervous to you?

For me the AC GT race cars are all a bit "meh". That M235i is less fun than the e30, less fun than the 1 series, and the v8 m3. They just feel over-tyred, under-powered, and flat. I know they're for racing, and that should be where the fun is, but AC isn't really about that.

You definitely have the graphics set nicely, though. Less of that over-exposure bright white road-surface, now.
@ kars

It's Kunos default pp filter, weather clear, i think 9:30am.

Quote from sinbad :
Lots of wheel wiggling, does it really feel that nervous to you? .

Oh yes, it feels every single bump and curve, i love it.. plus a bit my driving style is like that.
I'm running the DTM cars on LFS at AC tonight. (Nordschleife Endu Layout)

Password is lfs
+Sierra DTM?
Quote from NotAnIllusion :
- GTA is a rather dramatic car to watch from external cameras, the suspension appears to be made entirely out of marshmallows.

I think the GTA looks rather natural for the car of it's era. I can setup it to look/handle more stable tho, but quick tests suggest that softer suspension makes faster lap times.
Still, I would like to see more adjustability in the setup for this car. With the half cage and stripped bumpers the Alfa looks like a classic car that has been upgraded to be a fun trackday toy, but suspension isn't really on the same level. I would prefer more stiff dampers and more adjustability so I could make it more oversteery without actually making it slower at the same time.

Also it needs more tire choices, first of which would be a vintage bias-ply tires.

Still lots of fun to drive, but gotta say AC FFB feels still quite dead which kinda keeps me from putting any more time in to this sim. Because of the better FFB I have much more fun driving the Alfas on Power & Glory mod for GTR2.
7:39 with the 190E Evo on the Nordschleife so far.
Quote from kars19 :+Sierra DTM?

I wanted to keep it mod free for the time being so everybody can join without a hassle.
Quote from BigPeBe :
Still lots of fun to drive, but gotta say AC FFB feels still quite dead which kinda keeps me from putting any more time in to this sim. Because of the better FFB I have much more fun driving the Alfas on Power & Glory mod for GTR2.

I see few people saying this, but i'm really baffled and only thing i can think off is that your wheels are not setup correctly.. :/ FFB is awesome.
Quote from ATHome :7:39 with the 190E Evo on the Nordschleife so far.

Which config? I've managed on 7:07 with the Alfa but that was Tourist and default setup

The DTM cars are ace!
Great racing on troy's server once again! Smile

Quote from Boris Lozac :
Quote from BigPeBe :

I see few people saying this, but i'm really baffled and only thing i can think off is that your wheels are not setup correctly.. :/ FFB is awesome.

So have you tried what a good ffb on rf or rf2 feels like?
Quote from Hyperactive :

Tried rF2 demo, was awfull, and tried a few mods a long time ago for rF1, awfull as well.. Completely disconnected feeling from the road, even though the FFB is trying to convince me it's doing all sorts of stuff.. But i could be wrong eh, didn't try those famous mods, wonder how much different they can be.
Has anyone noticed the random camera flashes while driving? Or am I just going mad..
Quote from R34GTR :Has anyone noticed the random camera flashes while driving? Or am I just going mad..

Yes they been around months ago, and yes I don't like them too, I bet you can turn them off somehow..
Quote from Hyperactive :

rF only demo witch is rubbish, but I have rF2 full version, ffb is very good, no complaints, but not something mind blowing compared to AC.
imho all this ffb thing is very personal, + people have such a wide variety of gear, and you can set it up so
differently, no point to argue there
Quote from Boris Lozac :
Quote from Hyperactive :

Tried rF2 demo, was awfull, and tried a few mods a long time ago for rF1, awfull as well.. Completely disconnected feeling from the road, even though the FFB is trying to convince me it's doing all sorts of stuff.. But i could be wrong eh, didn't try those famous mods, wonder how much different they can be.

Rf1 needs realfeel which completely transforms its ffb. Just install rf1 if you have and then download the historix mod for example. It comes with a pdf which explains the realfeel and how to use it. Or if you own rf2 just download the roadster car and try that.

Just like ac it doesn't work out of the box and takes some effort. But once you set it up properly you will instantly notice how the ffb is more lively, there is more nuances to the wheel movement and the weight of the wheel is much better.

As for mods just download realfeel and the nsx for rf1 and try it.
So is it a better sim then AC? What's the deal Smile
Try it and see for yourself? Surely spending one hour to install and drive the car beats waiting couple of hours for me to answer and give you my opinion which is probably something you don't agree with anyways. Why ask for someone else's opinion when you can form your own?
Quote from kars19 :
Try a full AI grid with smoke turned on. My fps almost doubled.

Indeed, smoke is much much better this patch.

Quote from sinbad :Laser scanned Nordschleife isn't exactly life-changing. Other versions are just as much fun, even if not nerdtastically accurate.

Actually, if you like this track, I really disagree with you. The scale on the official version is different to a very relevant degree. Even for someone who doesn't drive that much, like me, there is an immediate and tangible difference with this version. Many corners are driven completely different compared to say Snoopy's. The side scenery also draws you in, and makes the track feel "wider but narrower" at the same time in many places - what I mean is that you get a great sense of velocity in relation to the surroundings - which are much more detailed despite the FAR better FPS I have - which is understandable considering one is a mod. Even though it's the "same track", it really isn't the same track that we've been driving. Ostensibly, I would say this is about 25% to 33% actually different from the existing mods, in ways I did not expect - most of them the actual track dimensions.

Money well spent IMO.

Quote from Boris Lozac :
Quote from BigPeBe :

I do agree with Boris here, the FFB feels top tier to me in terms of what it communicates. Car to car is very very different and transitioning from one to the next takes (mental) adjustment as it should.

Quote from Boris Lozac :So is it a better sim then AC? What's the deal Smile

Haha, that's funny.

Driving the Huyaryurayaua around the ring a few times tonight, amongst other cars was a really fun experience for a "layman" who doesn't do this very much. There still seems to be a sound desparity between cars which I hope they fix. The afforementioned Pagani sounds absolutely engrossing on headphones - and is a complete beast (assists off, green track, normal tires!). That steep uphill from a slow right hander on the ring (sorry I haven't memorized the turn names), fighting for grip with all that damn torque - WOW the feeling is amazing. What a car. I love that turbocharged beast; the La Ferrari is great too but with the extra gear and having to keep the revs high to generate torque just doesn't give the same sense of occasion, and the lack of enveloping sound in the current build dampens the experience more in that car - even though it sounds very "good", just weak in amplitude by comparison.

Anyway, great patch, great sim, I haven't had that "aha" moment in a sim in a very long time, so it was a nice experience today. I just hope they keep their realism priorities in the right place with all this new-found exposure.
IMHO the best digital Nordschleife I've ever driven. (Not that I have driven the real thing, but here, it just feels scarier than in other iterations...) My driving, so it's crappy slow and accident prone:

It has to be to do with set up that people aren't getting decent feedback. AC feels absolutely brilliant. The only cars that lack a bit of feedback tend to be GT3 cars and from my experience you need a bloody good set up to get them things to feel lively and enjoyable.
Ring on oculus is teh sex. Just the resolution could be better. :|
Quote from Kid222 :Ring on oculus is teh sex. Just the resolution could be better. :|

I agree with that!

I am suffering from a huge amount of pop-in from trees to the road itself on one corner - it's a see through hole until my front wheels touch it and it loads in. I've got world detail on medium (also tried low initially) so I can keep the magic 75fps on the rift.

Apart from the pop in it's the first Nordshleife I've enjoyed driving on, loved my lap in the KTM X-bow!
Quote from Hyperactive :Try it and see for yourself? Surely spending one hour to install and drive the car beats waiting couple of hours for me to answer and give you my opinion which is probably something you don't agree with anyways. Why ask for someone else's opinion when you can form your own?

rF2 demo worked pathetically on my PC, i could drive normally for 7 seconds, then the screen freezes completelly for 10 seconds, then i can drive for 5, then freezes.. so i really can't be bothered again, wanted to know what's the deal and do you guys consider it better then AC.
But for an 'engine' that never connected with me, i find it hard to believe that a good mod can completely change that..
Also it's already a bad thing if you need proper mods for a game to feel good...

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG