The online racing simulator
@Sinbad....I have found out why people don't drive the Fiat 500 in AC....because it is just as bad in real life. I got given one today as a courtesy car while mine was being serviced....and OMG they are bad...very bad

Fordie
You got an Abarth 500 for a courtesy car? That's a generous dealership. I've driven the esseesse version and I thought it was really good fun actually.
Quote from sinbad :You got an Abarth 500 for a courtesy car? That's a generous dealership. I've driven the esseesse version and I thought it was really good fun actually.

It was all they had, and my company booked it (Company Car), but when you come from a Chev Cruise Turbo, it was small, all plastic inside, and handled like beached Whale. it had more Rolls than Greggs, and I was just bombing around the city and Dual Carriageway, just to give it a blast.

Yeah at first it made me giggle...but a "this is cute" giggle

Fordie
Guys, you do know there's a slight difference between the Abarth 500 and the Fiat 500, don't you?
Yeah, my sisters Fiat 500 is a shitbox as well.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Guys, you do know there's a slight difference between the Abarth 500 and the Fiat 500, don't you?

No, really? :-) But Polo diesels are the same as Polo WRC cars right?
Well, the Abarth is hardly a all terrain monster...

Never driven one IRL but it seems to be not very far from normal stock 500 according to the specs.

BTW, if the model is really as bad as the RL counterpart then Kunos has technically done a good job... modeling a bad car.
Motion looks really addicting.
I must drive it.. For mother Russia.

I'm surprised, and partially saddened that it doesn't list votka as a system requirement.
You can always drink before you (sim) drive.

Anyone thinking of a drunken racing event on a proper simulator?

Just a random drunken LFS video: Drunk driving in LFS
I think I'd be really surprised if kunos really releases 1.0 today. I think the netcode and all of its other functionality needs at least half year of development before I'd dare to call it 1.0. It is just a number but it can set a dangerous and not so good precedent imho. I'd like to see more refined physics before 1.0. Solid axle support would be nice for lots of interesting cars. Flatspots would be nice as well as lot of the other things like damage, pitstops, anticheat for online, proper online mode without this "mess of two differently broken online experiences". And they also have the new sound engine coming. I'd imagine that would be top of their list for single reason that they don't need to do the sounds twice for any new cars. Not to mention all the buttons in the gui that do nothing atm. like the career mode and the gui button...
That looks like fun!
Quote from Fordman :@Sinbad....I have found out why people don't drive the Fiat 500 in AC....because it is just as bad in real life. I got given one today as a courtesy car while mine was being serviced....and OMG they are bad...very bad

Fordie

I'm starting to love Fiat 500 on rally stages like La Mussara, Shomaru or Perygrosse!!
Nice.
I'm so tough now and do my first post into this.
Still struggling with controls and driving in this but I like doing screenshots, though.

HQ @ MyDeviant & MyFlickr
Yeah, no Spa.. SLS is ok i guess, sounds are rFactor on/off samples. Not very much feedback going throught that wheel.. Other changes like FFB and tires, are maybe there.. didn't noticed anything major.
Quote from Hyperactive :I think I'd be really surprised if kunos really releases 1.0 today. I think the netcode and all of its other functionality needs at least half year of development before I'd dare to call it 1.0. It is just a number but it can set a dangerous and not so good precedent imho.

ever heard of netkar pro?
Why is both lighting and shadowing completely off in the SLS shot...

Quote from Shotglass :ever heard of netkar pro?

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG