The online racing simulator
No restart?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Shame about those accidents, but it's the co-driver's job to write the notes. Seems like they were simply too fast. Can't really blame the jump for that.

Agreed.

Rallying (and indeed motorsport in generally) would be shit if we removed all the challenge, difficulty and danger in the name of safety. The competitors WANT some danger and risk.
Quote from tristancliffe :Agreed.

Rallying (and indeed motorsport in generally) would be shit if we removed all the challenge, difficulty and danger in the name of safety. The competitors WANT some danger and risk.

I think you'd be shocked at how many don't want danger and risk.

Or put it this way... there will be some that object to suggestions of safety improvements.... but when you talk about taking safety provisions away then the reaction is far stronger towards keeping them.

Well, that's my experience in karting. Every step of the way to improve safety improvements have been laughed at and rejected. Yet once they are introduced people overwhelmingly want to keep them. The suggestion that karts should remove pods (like how we raced right up until the 90s) causes accusations of you being barbaric.
I don't think it is about removing all risk. It is possible that some jump or section of corners can be too dangerous. I don't have a problem with difficult corners and jumps but if you have a jump that you can overshoot just a little bit and it can kill you then it is not right. Or going too slow and end up not making it and getting seriously injured.

Safety is a good thing.
The thing about rally there's 1000s of corners around the world that could be lethal if you don't get it right. Tree lined stages being casing point.
Quote from Intrepid :The thing about rally there's 1000s of corners around the world that could be lethal if you don't get it right. Tree lined stages being casing point.

Driving straight could be lethal if you get it wrong (drag racing). When you design a race track or plan a rally course and then add a jump or corner that is guaranteed to kill or injure the driver or the co-driver if the driver or the co-driver gets it wrong is just plain stupid. Why on earth would you do such thing ion purpose? Only reason for having such jump or corner on the track is to make sure people crash. And when you have enough crashed people get injured and then if you have more crashes people die.

Lack of safety on purpose is just sheer stupidity period.
Quote from Hyperactive :Driving straight could be lethal if you get it wrong (drag racing). When you design a race track or plan a rally course and then add a jump or corner that is guaranteed to kill or injure the driver or the co-driver if the driver or the co-driver gets it wrong is just plain stupid. Why on earth would you do such thing ion purpose? Only reason for having such jump or corner on the track is to make sure people crash. And when you have enough crashed people get injured and then if you have more crashes people die.

Lack of safety on purpose is just sheer stupidity period.

Every rally has thousands of corners that fit the exact same criteria. Why on earth does anyone let rally drivers go flat out through tree lined gravel roads? If a pace note is wrong you're going head first into a forest. The risk is inherent in the design.

The pace note should read "slow the **** down". If the driver/co driver then take an unnecessary risk then they are solely to blame for the consequences. They are not driving blind.
Quote from Intrepid :Every rally has thousands of corners that fit the exact same criteria. Why on earth does anyone let rally drivers go flat out through tree lined gravel roads? If a pace note is wrong you're going head first into a forest. The risk is inherent in the design.

But you don't design the stages to be risky just for the sake of it.

Quote from Intrepid :The pace note should read "slow the **** down". If the driver/co driver then take an unnecessary risk then they are solely to blame for the consequences. They are not driving blind.

You don't even make your own pace notes in every rally. In some rallies you are not even allowed to have notes at all.

And putting stupid stuff on purpose on the race track is stupid and dangerous.
Then don't race, simple as that. I refused to go to a particular track in this country to race for free because I felt the track needed to be improved from a safety perspective.
Quote from Hyperactive :But you don't design the stages to be risky just for the sake of it.

They organise the rally and choose the routes. Different method, but same result - mega risky corners.
Quote from Intrepid :Then don't race, simple as that. I refused to go to a particular track in this country to race for free because I felt the track needed to be improved from a safety perspective.

Stopping racing is not a solution. Stop putting stupid stuff on the track is the solution.
When rallying you race on a natural environment, such as forests as mentioned before, you go off and there (maybe) goes your life, racing is dangerous and if something bothers you don't do it, simple as that.
Respect!
Quote from Klouczech :Video I tried to improve the quality, but youtube always mess it up!

You could try vimeo instead of or in addition to YouTube. It seems to do less compression on uploads.

I like the POV/helmet cam run. Good result too.
I, finally, had opportunity to drive a pure race car.
I practiced the track only in rFactor, but It helped.

I felt like a real racer or like playing a simulator. Great experience!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAWmiplZZU

Always nice to see a fellow simracer get a change to express himself in the real world.

Racing videos
(4785 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG