The online racing simulator
Where are you lot online. I don't seem to be able to find you anymore

What happened to Troy's server?

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :Where are you lot online. I don't seem to be able to find you anymore

What happened to Troy's server?

Fordie

No idea, I do not have time to race in RD closed races, Troy is offline and so I just drop to first reasonable good looking server and qualify as 1st to avoid T1 mayhem, then half of the field disconnects or keeps restarting the race 5x in row.

Would be great to organize something LFS wise, but it must be a lot of aspects working together.
I have our server live and password protected. (but no freejoin installed for the moment.. so there is a window of 10 minutes to join from the moment the first dude connects).

In case you guys are interested:
Racing League Romania
pass: lfsgang
Quote from luchian :I have our server live and password protected. (but no freejoin installed for the moment.. so there is a window of 10 minutes to join from the moment the first dude connects).

In case you guys are interested:
Racing League Romania
pass: lfsgang

10mins.....can't it be 5mins ? 10mins sitting in a room on your own can be a lonely place

Also, just asking others here. Can anybody using a G27 post a picture of your settings please. I know it's all down to personal feel, but would like to just check my settings to what you chaps are using

Cheers

Fordie
It can, but could prove to be short..
Quote from luchian :It can, but could prove to be short..

Is there still a problem with Freejoin, as was looking to have that installed on my dedicated server ( which is still in testing at the moment )

Fordie
There is no problem with freejoin, works for both server and client. Troy's server is offline, because it's a Linux server. There is no compatible Linux server for the current version of AC.
my server just went live.

ChrisR Race Server

atm GT3 @ Nurb 6 laps.
Am i tripping or is this a case like in Gran Turismo, that in multiplayer physics are toned down? Last night when we were on the nords 0.8.0 i couldn't drive for shi*, like i played a completely different game... So is it just me, is grip level that arcade in 0.8.0, or something else?
And that tarmac and colors.. What did snoopy started smoking..
I'm becoming more and more conscious of the under-rotation of opponent cars as they go through corners, particularly tighter corners, and it's starting to bug me. It's not only on the more laggy cars either. Position clearly is updating before orientation, and you get this inverted drifting effect which is awful.
snoopy's 0.9.0 is out
Haven't managed to play much of AC lately, but after jumping on today, I have a question. Am I the only one who thinks all the cars have too much tractive grip? I can floor the throttle in 1st gear in the M5 for example and barely have any wheelspin. I've got TC off of course. It's the same deal in every car. I feel like I can stamp on the power without worry.
Quote from DaveWS :Haven't managed to play much of AC lately, but after jumping on today, I have a question. Am I the only one who thinks all the cars have too much tractive grip? I can floor the throttle in 1st gear in the M5 for example and barely have any wheelspin. I've got TC off of course. It's the same deal in every car. I feel like I can stamp on the power without worry.

yes
Quote from DaveWS :Is it seen as a known issue with the devs?

with std e30m3 yes, rest of the beemers are fine
I once created in LFS tweak for testing car with exact same specs as e30m3 sport evo, hp/nm, weight, gearbox ratios, final drive, diff specs, tire/rim size, drag coefficient, weight distribution the lot... and it was pretty similar, only thing what you can do in LFS but can't in AC, is the standstill 1 gear burnout - holding brake and gas at the same time, (blame the low speed physics 6km/h), but just the regular 1 gear wheelspin is similar.
Quote from DaveWS :Haven't managed to play much of AC lately, but after jumping on today, I have a question. Am I the only one who thinks all the cars have too much tractive grip? I can floor the throttle in 1st gear in the M5 for example and barely have any wheelspin. I've got TC off of course. It's the same deal in every car. I feel like I can stamp on the power without worry.

If you just jumped on and drove, the car may have had semislicks as default. Make sure it's set to street tires.
Yeah street tyres are better, thanks. Still lots of traction, but not quite as ridiculous.
Quote from DaveWS :Yeah street tyres are better, thanks. Still lots of traction, but not quite as ridiculous.

Or maybe you have got used to i(ce)Racing tyre physics
Why is 2-11 such a bitch on the Ring.. understeers like crazy.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Why is 2-11 such a bitch on the Ring.. understeers like crazy.

Boris don't drive like this guy

Lotus road cars require different driving style, especially 2-11, once you understand it you will love it
And check your pedals Boris, see in my attachment I got like 1-2% throttle, when my feet are off the gas completely, I already upped my gas pedal deadzone from 6% to 10% and now it's time to disassemble my g27 pedals and clean out the dust. With beemers and some other FR cars this is not so noticeable, but with MR cars this is critical, especially with Lotus road cars.
Attached images
huuppjjj.jpg
Cheers for the tip, i never cleaned my DFGT pedals so far, but i don't think there's an issue, i glance at the pedal bar quite often.. I can drive 2-11 pretty well on other tracks but here it's giving me such a hard time
I hate that car :d

HATE
While flying 360kmh into nothingness and I press ESC to exit or something, AC telling me to stop my car is /r/mildlyinfuriating/

Also, whose idea was it to release Nordschleife with out completing the roundabout surface??
Which 'schleife might this be? There are several versions of it.
ACS.exe just crashed while I waited that maybe the next session might revert the flying. It was NK.simRacing_&_SBB @ Nords Snoopy v0.8.0.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG